HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
How long do EVO cards typically get boosted for? Like does it continue until the playoffs are over? Did they get release random cards during the summer last year that would boost an EVO?

Just thinking maybe players on contending teams might be worth targeting if they get boosts until June whereas a guy like Chabot may stay at a 90-92 after TOTY..

The market for these cards is interesting. Kessel was going for 250 when he was 87 overall, he got a Prime Time boost and is in line for a milestone this month and now he's 400. Wish I grabbed him last weekend.

Managed to snipe a Kuznetsov for 85k though.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
How long do EVO cards typically get boosted for? Like does it continue until the playoffs are over? Did they get release random cards during the summer last year that would boost an EVO?

Just thinking maybe players on contending teams might be worth targeting if they get boosts until June whereas a guy like Chabot may stay at a 90-92 after TOTY..

The market for these cards is interesting. Kessel was going for 250 when he was 87 overall, he got a Prime Time boost and is in line for a milestone this month and now he's 400. Wish I grabbed him last weekend.

Managed to snipe a Kuznetsov for 85k though.
It basically ends after toty but by that point a lot of guys are already at 99 anyway

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
It basically ends after toty but by that point a lot of guys are already at 99 anyway
I could be wrong but last year players could get more than +2 boost in a month though right?

If there's only 2 more months before TOTY and players on TOTY get +5 boost then EVO's can only go up 9 more overall.

So these are the max overall's for EVO's in line for TOTY

MacKinnon (Offensive) - 96-99
Rantanen (Young Guns/Offensive) - 96-99
Point (Young Guns/Offensive) - 95-99
Giordano (Offensive) - 95-99
Kane (Offensive) - 97-99
Pastrnak (Young Guns) - 95-99
Tkachuk (Young Guns) - 95-99
Aho (Young Guns) - 95-99
Eichel (Young Guns) - 94-98
Marchand (Defensive) - 93-97
Carlson (Offensive) - 92-96
Subban (Community) - 92-96
Couturier (Defensive) - 92-96
Rielly (Offensive) - 92-96
Panarin (Community) - 91-95
Chabot (Young Guns) - 90-94
Barzal (Young Guns) - 90-94
Larkin (Young Guns) - 90-94
Dahlin (Young Guns) - 89-93
Pettersson (Young Guns) - 86-90

That's assuming TOTY is only +5 upgrade..

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I could be wrong but last year players could get more than +2 boost in a month though right?

If there's only 2 more months before TOTY and players on TOTY get +5 boost then EVO's can only go up 9 more overall.
So I may have been wrong at first, I remember them coming out with draft/NHL awards/free agency/Finals cards last year. So I'm assuming they'll do something similar again

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
What's the deal with people insta-quitting as an early goal I score goes in the net? I've had that happen twice today, and I get the win so it's not like there's some glitch going on with it. Are they just trying to minimize points lost since these are CS games?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I just bought 90 Fuhr for 135k thinking it was the 95. For what I got I didnt really overpay but I may have a tough time getting rid of him

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
The Platinum pack was tempting me for whatever reason so I caved
Got a Diamond Brett Leason(86) and base Backstrom(83) Vatanen(80) Byron(78) and Hudon(78)

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
The Platinum pack was tempting me for whatever reason so I caved
Got a Diamond Brett Leason(86) and base Backstrom(83) Vatanen(80) Byron(78) and Hudon(78)
With Leason you should be able to get your money back.

Funny thing, I was looking at him last week because I needed BM+CS synergies, but ended up buying Gillies cuz I'm cheap.

Now a moment ago I pulled Leason in re-roll. :D

He is fast, that's all I can tell after one game testing.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I appreciate EA for the free players, but the 89 Spezza/Subban both do not look like great cards. Skating is meh, shot is meh. I'll probably go with the Subban, but I'll have a real hard time removing Ristolainen for him who at least provides pretty sweet reach. Rocking with:

93 Nolan - 94 Sakic - 91 Hall
91 Gartner - 90 Niewendyk - 92 Modano
94 Mikita - 93 Clarke - 91 Duchene
91 Roenick - 84 Seguin - 93 Hossa

91 MacInnis - 89 Coffey
90 Horton - 87 OEL
86 Ristolainen - 85 Rielly

86 Price / 89 Moog

Nolan has put up decent stats for me (14pts/18gp). He's a little clunky but I wanted a guy like him opposed to all smaller speedsters. Hossa is pretty meh for a 93, but he was free and untradeable so I have him PKing and he's pretty useful there. Hall didn't seem as deadly as last year at first, but he has put up 19 goals and 29 points in 31 games so I can't complain too much. Sakic and MacInnis are my favourite cards (followed closely by Gartner/Niewendyk), so make sure to do your sets and take as many shots as possible

I just bought 90 Fuhr for 135k thinking it was the 95. For what I got I didnt really overpay but I may have a tough time getting rid of him

Unfortunately, you likely will. Fuhr is a small goalie, not many people are spending $100k on a goalie, and Fuhr's value lies in +4BU synergy. The 90's synergies are only ok.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
One of the most underrated cards on D is the 84 Tyler Myers Thanksgiving card.
I use him on my 2nd pairing and his reach, skating and shot are pretty darn good for an 84.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Unfortunately, you likely will. Fuhr is a small goalie, not many people are spending $100k on a goalie, and Fuhr's value lies in +4BU synergy. The 90's synergies are only ok.
Took about a 60k loss on him but I was reeeeal lucky to pull an ASG Stamkos from my CS reward. Sold him for 180k which made me whole and then some. Normally when I pack a great card like that he'll automatically go in my lineup but I actually didn't have a huge desire to use him. Also seems like those cards will start depreciating fairly rapidly so might as well sell high now.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why did Subban get a boost to 89 with his EVO when he got the 89 Flashback but Spezza didn't???

EA can't even get their own shit right!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What an absolut joke the last tuner is. Dear lord

Same thing every year. The game is decent in the early going (Sept/Oct) and then they tune the *&^&& out of it and it gets progressively worse and worse.

I'm glad I stopped playing before the Xmas holidays. Already made my decision I'm not buying next year without something significant like a completely new game engine, and even then I'll have to think long and hard about it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What's the deal with people insta-quitting as an early goal I score goes in the net? I've had that happen twice today, and I get the win so it's not like there's some glitch going on with it. Are they just trying to minimize points lost since these are CS games?

Not exactly sure when it stopped, but in games past if you quit the game before the 19:00 minute mark, the game wouldn't register. So you could get scored on in the first minute, quit, and then not get the L. It's fixed in NHL 19 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad