HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I thought if he was in your lineup you would need to take him out of your lineup and put him back to update?
I thought I heard that somewhere but not sure?
No, I have EVO Subban also and it did not go to 89. I took him out of lineup.

He is 7 goals and 5 points away from milestone's though. I got him for 175, I think he will get community TOTY as well could easily be a 96 card in April.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Starting to lose all interest in this franchise and playing the CPU is getting worse than online.

CPU can make you lose the puck for ANY REASON.
Their passing is ABSURDLY GOOD.
They constantly have overpowering stick checks
They can ALWAYS PICK UP A LOOSE PUCK. Your players will constantly ignore it.
They NEVER FAIL to keep their defensive assignments; your players will get LOST.

I shouldn't have LEGENDS THAT CAN'T PICK UP THE DAMN PUCK OR PLAY DEFENSIVELY. THERE'S NO EXCUSE EA.

I find myself playing NHL 2k5 more than this anymore. It's ridiculous that you need to use sliders for this shit. This franchise sadly peaked at NHL 14 and will never be great again.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Playing against super teams is a lot harder than i remember them being in past NHL HUT years. It isn't so much skill or playstyle, it's speed. My guys simply cannot skate with any of the teams loaded with legends and Master Set players. At all. I have a bunch of fast players on my team and they're getting chased down before they even enter the o-zone by the other team. I can't cycle, I can't transition, I can't skate around their zone with the puck and dangle my way to goals.

I don't care that they're scoring on one timers from one end of the boards to the other with lazer passes and lazer shots, or that they're scoring on wrist shots from the high slot. That stuff can and should be defended. But it's not fun not being able to get anything going

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Playing against super teams is a lot harder than i remember them being in past NHL HUT years. It isn't so much skill or playstyle, it's speed. My guys simply cannot skate with any of the teams loaded with legends and Master Set players. At all. I have a bunch of fast players on my team and they're getting chased down before they even enter the o-zone by the other team. I can't cycle, I can't transition, I can't skate around their zone with the puck and dangle my way to goals.

I don't care that they're scoring on one timers from one end of the boards to the other with lazer passes and lazer shots, or that they're scoring on wrist shots from the high slot. That stuff can and should be defended. But it's not fun not being able to get anything going
do you have BU activated? That could certainly help. Not sure which players you have on your team but even base players like Hall + BU activated shouldn't have that much of a disparity between super-teams.

Another tip if it's that bad- don't try and keep up. Don't use speed boost and skate methodically with the puck. If they're skating hard to chase you down, a quick turn or deke will leave them in the dust (and out of position). I do that against guys who play agressively and it leads to tons of odd-man breaks.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Anybody have any clue what the spezza choice pack set is about? Is it just a flash back spezza? The Subban set appears to just be card and no choice pack.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
My current Finnish lineup:

87 Kurri - 86 Barkov - 85 Rantanen
88 Kuusela - 85 Kupari - 85 Heponiemi
86 Laine - 83 Koivu - 84 Aho
85 Lehtinen - 81 Filppula - 83 Teräväinen

89 Numminen - 89 Heiskanen
85 Jokiharju - 79 Määttä
83 Ristolainen - 83 Lumme

84 Rinne
Some random goalie atm.

Need to upgrade some cards to better versions of them.

And propably will have to stick some left handed forwards on D.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Interesting...no Foppa in the legend re-release. He’s a unicorn at this point. I saw someone on Reddit get offered Lemieux ++ for him and turned it down.

The Flashback cards have been pretty good. Today was 95 Zetterberg with 99 skating. Pronger was a cool one.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Interesting...no Foppa in the legend re-release. He’s a unicorn at this point. I saw someone on Reddit get offered Lemieux ++ for him and turned it down.

The Flashback cards have been pretty good. Today was 95 Zetterberg with 99 skating. Pronger was a cool one.

Since it looks like they dumped the rumored April legend being Beauliveau, maybe they'll change it to Forsberg.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Every time someone leaves a game on me when I'm winning the screen gets frozen and I don't get credit for a win..

f***ing ridiculous

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Thanks to the person who sent me a REALLY generous trade offer on my Blackhawks Winter Classic jersey! With the diamond collectibles in the trade, I put them toward what ended up being a 91 Rick Nash.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I pulled a Diamond from a pack and then two on re-rolls today. I wanna give them a shot cause they seem like great cards despite the low overall

Since it looks like they dumped the rumored April legend being Beauliveau, maybe they'll change it to Forsberg.

I don’t think they’ll put already released legends as the monthly rewards. That wouldn’t really be fair.

Are we getting monthly legends after 96 Messier? Does anyone know?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I pulled a Diamond from a pack and then two on re-rolls today. I wanna give them a shot cause they seem like great cards despite the low overall

I don’t think they’ll put already released legends as the monthly rewards. That wouldn’t really be fair.

Are we getting monthly legends after 96 Messier? Does anyone know?
They seem to be getting thrown in packs like crazy..

The last 2 days I've pulled two 88 cards and Peyton Krebs 86

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I've pulled two of the newer diamond cards in re-rolls lately, some 86 sniper who can't crack the lineup and an 88 TWF with 90 faceoffs. They're trying to mix up everyone's bottom pairings and plug-type guys.

They've been saying since the January thru April Legends leaked in December that April would have a legend, but who really knows. There's no more room for them in most lineups unless you want all TWF's. I've been messing with my lineup that's light on playmakers and actually had Mikita and Modano on the bench for a minute. It'd probably help make the other players play faster and better by dropping the team OVR.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Has anybody experienced insane lag spikes that crashes a match during the last 24 hours (on PS4)? All games have been "good" three bar connection and starts to lag 20-30 seconds in. Have gotten 3 losses because off it. All regular division games.

First time it has happened to me.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Team update:

Forsberg 91 - Zetterberg 95 - Modano 92
Gartner 91 - Sakic 94 - Mikita 94
Pavelski 89 - Larionov 90 - Kane 88
Laine 86 - Larkin 85 - LaFleur 85

Subban 89 - Fowler 91
Coffey 89 - Redden 88
Risto 86 - OEL 86

Jones 85

Thinking about getting Iafrate. Heard good things. Also, any really good Swedes out there? I want to make an all Swedish top line. Would love Naslund but that’s out of my price range unless I sell my Evo Larkin. Petterson, Lindholm, Backstrom are really the only ones I can think of - the 84 Nyquist is actually a solid card

Last edited:

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Pulled an 88 Derek Roy Diamond in a bronze pack.
Sold him for 45,000 coins.
Was that a mistake?

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So my all-time Penguins team is close to usable. I need to fill 4 spots, then ideally upgrade the loan Crosby and then replace the loan Lemieux. Also probably want to upgrade on Simon. Thinking IPOTG Hossa, Legend Robitaille and maybe alumni Fedotenko to fill out the current forward spots.

89 Kessel-94 Lemieux (loan)-88 Malkin
84 Guentzel-87 Crosby (loan)-XXX
86 Roberts-88 Bathgate-XXX
XXX -83 Staal-80 Simon

89 Coffey- 91 Letang
88 Gonchar- 89 Murphy
88 Johnson- XXX

85 Hedberg
83 Murray

Pulled an 88 Derek Roy Diamond in a bronze pack.
Sold him for 45,000 coins.
Was that a mistake?
If you weren't planning on using him them no mistake. Although I'm not sure what his market value is. So it's possible you listed him under value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad