Not open for further replies.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
And that’s a big problem with goalies.

Size shouldn’t matter.
Agree 100%.

However I think it is important to find the balance between size and athleticism.

I tried base and special Bishop cards and I think my Halloween Hextall catch wristers just aswell as Bishop but Bishop doesn't take care cross greases too well.

I'd say Price and Quick from base cards have been probably the best for me but I REAALLY like that HWN Hextall, his gear and his syns.

IPOTG Andersen was super trash for me too. But he is my backup cuz u know, BU2 & TB2 is just too important for multisynergies.

- - - - -

Promoted to D1 yesterday. Don't know if Horton is worth the ice time? Is he good?

I'm 52-27-4 in online seasons. I don't think I'm very good player but apparently I can hold my ground fairly well I suppose.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
found a 92 TOTW Gaudreau in my HC pack. There were only 2 up when I checked but I think I may sell him unless anyone has rave reviews of him. Price looked to be around high 200k-low 300k perhaps? Gererally don't think his size works well in-game.
Update: he had 7 points in 3 games for me last night. So...might keep him for a bit.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Just got Sawchuk today, and can't even use him because all that matters for goalies in this game is size. :thumbd:

Bingo it’s brutal, I’m using a base Rinne still and he is solid, has a record of 80-10, I want a team of the week or prime time Koskinen to be added so bad, at 6’7 he’d instantly be one of the best. Yet he’d probably go for less then 20K, can’t belive anyone would dump much more into a goalie, there is no clear cut difference in ovr, size only matters

Yeah it's so dumb, I've been using 84 TOTW Bishop since it came out and have no reason to change.

Been that way since NHL 12. Maybe some poster will remember his name but there was some CHL goalie who was like 6’8” and he was a total stud. This was back when there were careers and permanent training slots for players so the CHL guys had 12 slots, 160 game careers, and a 650 salary. The guy was a cheat code.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Alrighty, I need some advice. If you would be so kind.

This is my current team:

? - Sakic 94 - Lindsay 93
Forsberg 91 - Mikita - 94 - Kane 88
Vanek 86 - Larkin 85 - ?
Laine 86 - Barzal 85 - Cournoyer 86

OEL 86 - Fowler 91
Risto 86 - Coffey 89
Zaitzev 86 - ?

I have 400k to fill out three spots (two of which I need for synergies - BM and CS.) I’ve been really eyeing that 89 PT Pavelski since I have a bonus roster slot, but haven’t really pulled the trigger yet. I would most likely slot him in the top line too. Then I have tons more left to get a nice pickup to put in my third line. It could be a center too as I’m okay with moving Larkin to wing and utilizing his speed more. That new PT Eichel literally has perfect synergies that can finish them all, but I don’t know what a good price for him is.

Anyways, if anyone has any recommendations it would greatly help. I’m really liking how my team is shaping up and I don’t want to buy cards that will suck and end up losing coins on them.

Last edited:

Nordik_19

Dec 18, 2002
Québec
Visit site
I'm gonna ask a stupid question, but how do I get the daily collectible. Right now I login three times a day and I play the EVO challenge game every Day against the AI but I get like 10 games card or jerseys as rewards. I dont think Im gonna complete the EVO set.

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm gonna ask a stupid question, but how do I get the daily collectible. Right now I login three times a day and I play the EVO challenge game every Day against the AI but I get like 10 games card or jerseys as rewards. I dont think Im gonna complete the EVO set.
On the hut home screen you should see an "objectives and milestones" dashboard. Click into that and your daily objectives will pop up. Complete those, then go into the dashboard again and press y (or triangle on ps4) to claim it

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Been that way since NHL 12. Maybe some poster will remember his name but there was some CHL goalie who was like 6’8” and he was a total stud. This was back when there were careers and permanent training slots for players so the CHL guys had 12 slots, 160 game careers, and a 650 salary. The guy was a cheat code.

Jason Missaen or something like that of the Hartford Wolfpack. I looked him up this year to see where he went but he's only a legend these days. I remember playing against some guy who was getting a ton of shots against me but Missaen was saving everything--he asked who my goalie was and I had to let him in on the secret. HUT should have a legends set devoted to the early HUT all-stars like Kyle Turris, Cogliano, Boeddker, etc. back when speed was everything.

Pulled an EVO Marchand in my monthly collectibles pack. Is he due for any upgrades? It doesn't look like he's close to any career milestones, so is he worth keeping?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Alrighty, I need some advice. If you would be so kind.

This is my current team:

? - Sakic 94 - Lindsay 93
Forsberg 91 - Mikita - 94 - Kane 88
Vanek 86 - Larkin 85 - ?
Laine 86 - Barzal 85 - Cournoyer 86

OEL 86 - Fowler 91
Risto 86 - Coffey 89
Zaitzev 86 - ?

I have 400k to fill out three spots (two of which I need for synergies - BM and CS.) I’ve been really eyeing that 89 PT Pavelski since I have a bonus roster slot, but haven’t really pulled the trigger yet. I would most likely slot him in the top line too. Then I have tons more left to get a nice pickup to put in my third line. It could be a center too as I’m okay with moving Larkin to wing and utilizing his speed more. That new PT Eichel literally has perfect synergies that can finish them all, but I don’t know what a good price for him is.

Anyways, if anyone has any recommendations it would greatly help. I’m really liking how my team is shaping up and I don’t want to buy cards that will suck and end up losing coins on them.

I imagine you’re pretty close to Gartner, MacInnis and Modano? Those cards should fill out your forward spots and push Zaitsev off the team. Then you could move OEL to his natural side and MacInnis could fill out your D.

I would probably look at some C help. Mikita has 90 faceoff, but he’s pretty small and I’m not a fan of small Cs usually.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Jason Missaen or something like that of the Hartford Wolfpack. I looked him up this year to see where he went but he's only a legend these days. I remember playing against some guy who was getting a ton of shots against me but Missaen was saving everything--he asked who my goalie was and I had to let him in on the secret. HUT should have a legends set devoted to the early HUT all-stars like Kyle Turris, Cogliano, Boeddker, etc. back when speed was everything.

Pulled an EVO Marchand in my monthly collectibles pack. Is he due for any upgrades? It doesn't look like he's close to any career milestones, so is he worth keeping?

He could get PT/TOTW, especially with the line he plays on.

Last year I packed his Evo card. Great speed and a perfect shot, but eventually, the size became an issue. He sold for way under what his value should be because of it.

Reactions: LarmerHOF

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I imagine you’re pretty close to Gartner, MacInnis and Modano? Those cards should fill out your forward spots and push Zaitsev off the team. Then you could move OEL to his natural side and MacInnis could fill out your D.

I would probably look at some C help. Mikita has 90 faceoff, but he’s pretty small and I’m not a fan of small Cs usually.

I’m close to Modano, but I’m still a decent ways away from Gartner (I can’t sit there farming goals all day against the cpu - it gets really... REALLY boring). Same for MacInnis. I’m just letting them naturally.

At the same time I realize my team is never going to be as good as a lot of other players’ teams, so why not just stick with what I have. Idk it’s pretty demoralizing trying to keep up. I MIGHT even rage-sell everything I have except for my top end free cards and start over. I’ve lost three games today against players I shouldn’t have (one game I had 50+ shots to his 14 and lost 6-1...). His second line center was and 82 Alumni -_- Looked up his team and his only synergy was DW

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
3rd time I've rerolled an alumni already on my team. First Lafontaine, then Salming, now Brad Park. It's crazy.

Nabbed Coffey for 150k which is 50k less than what I normally see him for

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m close to Modano, but I’m still a decent ways away from Gartner (I can’t sit there farming goals all day against the cpu - it gets really... REALLY boring). Same for MacInnis. I’m just letting them naturally.

I may take off Vanek and Larkin then (atleast 100k in coins there) I love Larkin’s card, but realistically I have them there for the DZ synergies (for Forsberg). So I might do a complete shakeup of my bottom six - maybe get another second line center and put Makita on wing?

At the same time I realize my team is never going to be as good as a lot of other players’ teams, so why not just stick with what I have. Idk it’s pretty demoralizing trying to keep up. I MIGHT even rage-sell everything I have except for my top end free cards and start over. I’ve lost three games today against players I shouldn’t have (one game I had 50+ shots to his 14 and lost 6-1...). His second line center was and 82 Alumni -_- Looked up his team and his only synergy was DW.

I really don’t even know what to do

Last year I was synergy crazy, this year I haven't even bothered. I'm not sure why, but I've found it hard to keep track of and go for. I had all five team synergies activated last year but this year I'm not even sure if I have Burner activated. So my advice doesn't have synergy in mind.

I've been making my team with Mikita as a top six LW in mind, although I didn't realize he had 90 face-offs until I just looked it up. If you find he's doing a good job, keep him there. But his 99 speed and shot would also probably be great off the wing.

The grind for the two legends are extremely boring, although I probably only invested a few hours into actually grinding them in CPU challenges. The cards are amazing, though. Gartner is pretty game changing (0.45g/gp, 0.90pt/gp for me and I suck with right shots), while Modano is a cheat code (0.5g/gp, 1pt/gp on my second line RW). MacInnis is also a tank from the blue line, you'll love him. I promise. Even if you wait for them to just come naturally, they'll still be great cards no matter what time of year.

I wouldn't give up hope that you won't have comparable teams to other guys you're playing. EA is making the game easier for us free-to-play users every year. I win a decent amount of games, and my team is pretty much all either reward legends/monthly legends, with some purchases (Hossa re-roll, 86 OEL, 89 Coffey, 89 Morenz). Think about it this way...94 Mikita is being given for free, while a similar card in Selanne costs people 900k. Last year I had a pretty stacked team with MSP Jagr, Evo Hedman, MSP Bure, MSP Pronger and I never paid a dime.

Reactions: KJoe88

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
3rd time I've rerolled an alumni already on my team. First Lafontaine, then Salming, now Brad Park. It's crazy.

Nabbed Coffey for 150k which is 50k less than what I normally see him for

I have 30 gold collectibles saved and I'm wondering if at this point I should just invest them into a legend, and I keep wanting to do it for Coffey as he'd be an end game card. More tempting seeing there's a chance I could grab him for 150k.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I have 30 gold collectibles saved and I'm wondering if at this point I should just invest them into a legend, and I keep wanting to do it for Coffey as he'd be an end game card. More tempting seeing there's a chance I could grab him for 150k.
I'm selling every gold collectable I get, i can't guarantee they'll be worth a lot in the future and the price keeps dropping.

If you can afford it though I'd totally make the legend. Dont see that version of him much and I bet he'd be a blast to play with

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I just realized the Bronze > Silver collectible upgrades don't have a cool down period, but count toward the Sakic grind. I'm way behind on that since I didn't pay much attention to doing re-rolls and whatnot, but it looks like the math on this to do a buy a bunch of bronze collectibles and then sell the silvers would be a loss of about 3 or 4k for each set. If I do the entire process and end up with a gold collectible, I end up losing 22-23k after the whole process is done just once, but that would yield 30 set completions once I have done enough to end up with one gold collectible. All of this math makes my head spin, but I think that needing 284 sets to get to 500 for Sakic would still be a few hundred grand to grind it out. The other option of just buying cheap bronze packs and doing daily re-rolls probably has the grind about two months away.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
So after not giving up and tinkering with my team a bit more I think I found a decent team to roll with while I grind for Mike Gartner and Mike Modano for a few weeks here. Picked up a few new faces too.

Forsberg 91 - Sakic 94 - Lindsay 93
Pastranak 88 - Pavelski 89 - Kane 88 | PT Line
Laine 86 - Mikita 94 - Cournoyer 86
Barzal 85 - Larkin 85 - Vanek 86

Green 85 - Fowler 91
Zaitsev 86 - Coffey 89
Risto 86 - OEL 86

Jones 85 - Varlomov 82

PP, CS, S, BU, CP, DZ, and BM all activated.

I ended up picking up PT Pavelski and I’m using him at center (has 85 face offs and is decent at it honestly) and it’s a really unreal card; really well balanced and is fast as hell. Also picked up PT Pasta for 90k - seemed like a good deal. So now I have a neat PT Line, lol. Has a few goals for me in a few games, so not bad... And Kane continues to be great for me. Slightly under a ppg.

Picked up Green for now. I have a soft spot for him and imho he plays just as good as a Subban or a Doughty for me (ToTW or base variants obviously). He has really good skating in pretty much every category too. Once I get the new Redden card it’ll push either Green or Zaitsev off of the team. Both are solid d-men though.

I do have an 88 Hull, and I’ve had him from the start. I might take Laine off and put him on instead, but I’ll be honest 88 or not I don’t like the card too much. Unreal shooting stats but never scores for me. And Laine just seems to score some nasty wristers for despite being two ratings under.

Lastly, is doing the ToTW on rookie the fastest way to get Gartner?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
This tuner is such a mess. I can see how some like it, but for me it's just slop all over the ice trying to catch a bouncing ball until it miraculously ends up on the stick of the team with all base gold players and in the back of my net via cheese. I've dialed back my pressure and other forms of intensity to try to keep my players under control, barely ever go for checks and let the other guy bump into my players rather than checking them, but I'm done with this tuner.

Also the holding penalty slop that is always going on in the slot...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So after not giving up and tinkering with my team a bit more I think I found a decent team to roll with while I grind for Mike Gartner and Mike Modano for a few weeks here. Picked up a few new faces too.

Forsberg 91 - Sakic 94 - Lindsay 93
Pastranak 88 - Pavelski 89 - Kane 88 | PT Line
Laine 86 - Mikita 94 - Cournoyer 86
Barzal 85 - Larkin 85 - Vanek 86

Green 85 - Fowler 91
Zaitsev 86 - Coffey 89
Risto 86 - OEL 86

Jones 85 - Varlomov 82

PP, CS, S, BU, CP, DZ, and BM all activated.

I ended up picking up PT Pavelski and I’m using him at center (has 85 face offs and is decent at it honestly) and it’s a really unreal card; really well balanced and is fast as hell. Also picked up PT Pasta for 90k - seemed like a good deal. So now I have a neat PT Line, lol. Has a few goals for me in a few games, so not bad... And Kane continues to be great for me. Slightly under a ppg.

Picked up Green for now. I have a soft spot for him and imho he plays just as good as a Subban or a Doughty for me (ToTW or base variants obviously). He has really good skating in pretty much every category too. Once I get the new Redden card it’ll push either Green or Zaitsev off of the team. Both are solid d-men though.

I do have an 88 Hull, and I’ve had him from the start. I might take Laine off and put him on instead, but I’ll be honest 88 or not I don’t like the card too much. Unreal shooting stats but never scores for me. And Laine just seems to score some nasty wristers for despite being two ratings under.

Lastly, is doing the ToTW on rookie the fastest way to get Gartner?

You could do TOTW on rookie or those challenges where you’re facing divisions, tons of rookie teams in there and you can rack up tons of goals.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
You could do TOTW on rookie or those challenges where you’re facing divisions, tons of rookie teams in there and you can rack up tons of goals.

Either I suck or it’s supposed to be like the experience I’ve had. I’m only getting around 25-30 goals doing the ToTW on rookie. The most I had was 38.

I’m assuming it’s the former? Lol... I’ve heard people getting 50+

Edit: nvm. I guess there are a few different techniques and they all have different numbers.

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Either I suck or it’s supposed to be like the experience I’ve had. I’m only getting around 25-30 goals doing the ToTW on rookie. The most I had was 38.

I’m assuming it’s the former? Lol... I’ve heard people getting 50+

Edit: nvm. I guess there are a few different techniques and they all have different numbers.

Personally, I’ve never done a TOTW game. But I can confirm I’ve gotten 50+ on a rookie challenge in the division one I was talking about. 38 is pretty decent though, what’s your total overall towards Gartner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad