HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I got Suter and Fowler. Defense needed the upgrades, although I've been looking for a good right handed shot. I want to buy selanne though so I'll just pick him up soon hopefully. Been waiting for the price to dip below 900k

With the 2 new additions to D I moved Clarke to forward and sold my 86 totw Matthews for 60k. I saw some around that price recently and I'm assuming the value on that card will just go down since he has another 90 totw card out and he'll probably get another one eventually

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I got Suter and Fowler. Defense needed the upgrades, although I've been looking for a good right handed shot. I want to buy selanne though so I'll just pick him up soon hopefully. Been waiting for the price to dip below 900k

With the 2 new additions to D I moved Clarke to forward and sold my 86 totw Matthews for 60k. I saw some around that price recently and I'm assuming the value on that card will just go down since he has another 90 totw card out and he'll probably get another one eventually

This is why I decided to go all defense even though that Duchene was really really nice looking.

Really great defensive cards in the Christmas gift packs.

Reactions: Beauner

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
HUT is moving from peer-to-peer connections to their dedicated servers

Dedicated Servers Are Coming To HUT 19
Hey everyone,

Starting Tuesday, January 8th at 5 AM EST, NHL 19 will be switching to dedicated servers for all HUT games.

Read below to find out more about why we are changing to dedicated servers and how it will impact your experience.

What Type of Connection Did HUT Games Used to Use?

Previously, HUT 1v1 games were based on peer-to-peer connections. Peer-to-peer games depend on the quality of connection between you and your opponent, which can be vastly different from game to game for a variety of reasons.

Why Are You Switching to Dedicated Servers in HUT?

We are switching to dedicated servers in HUT because they are a proven technology that provide an increased level of consistency and security to your playing experience.

Dedicated servers will also help solve for an exploit known in the community as the “Pause Glitch”.

How Do Dedicate Servers Improve My Experience?

With dedicated servers, your opponent’s connection quality has no effect on your gameplay experience. The only thing that matters is the quality of your connection to the server, which will make your gameplay experience more consistent. Additionally, dedicated servers will improve the security of your connection when playing games.

Do Dedicated Servers Exist in Other NHL 19 Modes?

Yes! Dedicated servers are already in use throughout NHL 19 for playing any game with 3 or more human players, such as HUT co-op games and World of Chel games.

Thank you for your patience as we worked towards creating a solution for the Pause Glitch.

- The EA SPORTS NHL Team

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Dedicated servers should at least help with the pause glitch and IP booting.

Honestly, props to EA lately. They’ve actually been listening to what the fan base wants. Dedicated servers, Christmas choice pack, card animations after a goal, beta tuners.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Weber was obvious choice for me. He will replace XMAS Pietrangelo who I sold for 220k right away.

Suter was my 2nd choice cuz I like him but he doesn't have room in my lineup right now. Maybe in future, that 2TB synergy is going to be handy some day.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Divisional play is a waaay less glitchy game play, I don’t play a lot anymore so I decided to just start trying to work my way through the divisions, I’m 35-1, my only loss being an absolute domination in div 5 by me that I lost with 2 seconds left. Now working my way through div 4 playing legend teams and still dominating

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Man I don’t get this game. Well, HUT specifically.

There are times where my players are flying like they’re launched from a shuttle bay scoring three goals in three minutes. Other games my players are being out paced by an 82 ****** Werenski. I don’t even know why I keep BU or S on anymore. Doesn’t seem like it matters. I actually win against legend teams and lose against scrubs teams trying to constantly cross-crease.

It’s genuinely why I don’t play this game competitively. And only casually collecting cards when I can.

And yet it’s still friggin’ addicting when I am on...

Anyways, rant ended.

Last edited:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Man I don’t get this game. Well, HUT specifically.

There are times where my players are flying like they’re launched from a shuttle bay scoring three goals in three minutes. Other games my players are being out paced by an 82 ****** Werenski. I don’t even know why I keep BU or S on anymore. Doesn’t seem like it matters. I actually win against legend teams and lose against scrubs teams trying to constantly cross-crease.

It’s genuinely why I don’t play this game competitively. And only casually collecting cards when I can.

And yet it’s still friggin’ addicting when I am on...

Anyways, rant ended.
I couldn't agree more

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Lost a few in a row with generally awful gameplay, so what do I do? Rage buy Selanne for 925k. Hope he's worth it

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Lost a few in a row with generally awful gameplay, so what do I do? Rage buy Selanne for 925k. Hope he's worth it

From what I’ve heard, he doesn’t really play as well as his card price suggests. I picked his 93 and wasn’t too impressed. Hope he works out for you, though

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
There are finally new loan sets for the loan legends/alumni. Youll mostly get bronze and customization packs but it’s nice to clear out the collection.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
From what I’ve heard, he doesn’t really play as well as his card price suggests. I picked his 93 and wasn’t too impressed. Hope he works out for you, though
Yeah, it's only been 3 games but I got his 94 legend and he only has 1 assist. I think I was trying to do too much with him- forcing it to him, etc. So we'll see but early impressions are underwhelming

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Anyone using Duchene at C, change him to the wing. I had him as my #4C, but after losing a few games, tweaked my lineup and put him as my #3RW alongside 86 Laine and 93 Clarke. His speed really shines on the wing, and he went from doing nothing, to scoring in almost every game and making that line deadly. Most people have McInnis as their best option on that D side, and he'll blow by him, I promise.

Because of the monthly trade-in set, Christmas rewards, and challenges, I'm pretty close to the Stan Mikita (1/3 of the way through the Gold Plus set). He looks like he's going to be a fun card, although it usually takes me a while to warm up to a right-shot.

I'm also a few goals away from moving onto Stage 17/25 for the 97 Owen Nolan. I see every step from here on out involves winning a ton of online games (between 35-100). Really not expecting to get this card, and if I do, he might not be an important player if it's anything like last year (hoping it won't be)

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
This game is bordering on unplayable. Backcheckers intercepting a cross crease pass only to skate it through the goalie into my own net? Yep. My players >90 overall cant even hit the net on a 1 timer from the slot? Yep. Passes getting intercepted by guys 3 strides behind and not even looking at the play? Yep

Edit: also the ever popular "CPU is offside even though I skated in a straight line through the neutral zone"

This game is full of garbage. Yet I'm still addicted. f*** me

Last edited:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I only need around 25 or so more Jan Collectibles for legends Mikita.

I’m 15 set completions away from legends Sakic.

And I just purchased 89 PT Pavelski.

Nice three pickups. I’m pretty excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->