Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes to Match part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I think they are waiting because there is negotiations taking place. I expect to lose a prospect on top of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Don’t be surprised to see the Suzuki brothers united in Raleigh.

Something like Suzuki, 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Aho

I could see them sending back a 2nd or a third.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I honestly wonder how Aho feels about all this. Delaying his payday so they can get an extra 4 days of ReVeNgE!
I think he is probably ok. I'd be ok if I knew I had 11 mil coming in the next 4 days. I'd go and put in my resignation notice.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Honestly I don't know why this doesn't happen more often.

If it works, you get a good player for pretty low return. If they match, you force your opposition to sign a contract they weren't necessarily ready to sign.

Aho is now a UFA in 5 years. That's a disaster for Carolina. He's 21 years old and a PPG center. If they did this properly he would have been under their control until 29-33 instead of being free at 26. This seriously messes with their long-term salary structure.

If you're scared of retaliation, you just need to make sure you don't get your top guys get to RFA. You realistically never should.

Or, make sure your top guys aren't going to sign with other teams.
Yes I like this, I think all teams should grow a pair and start offer sheeting when given the chance. Every team is an enemy so I’m not sure why the NHL has to be so “respectful”. Time to get dirty,

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I think they are waiting because there is negotiations taking place. I expect to lose a prospect on top of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Don’t be surprised to see the Suzuki brothers united in Raleigh.

I think you're dreaming no offense, it's gonna get matched plain and simple, they're just getting back at the habs right now.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
60 pages of "lol i'm not even mad lol why are they waiting anyway lol whatever it's ok lol I swear i'm not mad" makes us look really mad to any outsider, btw
I’m mad. I want Aho. And I don’t give 2 f***s about our “reputation” or what those C.h.u.d.s in Carolina think about us.

D97CD9B5-8A4F-4355-9B4A-B03C1D2EE336.jpeg

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The only people who said canes won't match are Habs fans.

Bergevin said in the press conference he did this move to show the fans their commitment..in other words, a PR stunt. Bergevin is too stupid to understand he just admitted live that was a PR stunt.
So True !

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
question here ; Didn't Bergevin tell that he can't negotiate a deal with the Canes during his PC ? Because i read a lot of messages here about the option to add something to the initial offer ...

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Can we make an offer sheet for Sarah Civ? We can send Claudine Douville and Tony Marinaro in a side deal.

Reactions: scrubadam

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

STOP!! LOL
He ain't coming. The only reason it isn't official is because they are taking their time to try and stick it to the Habs but its done. Over. Caput.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
question here ; Didn't Bergevin tell that he can't negotiate a deal with the Canes during his PC ? Because i read a lot of messages here about the option to add something to the initial offer ...

It’s not adding to the initial offer, that isn’t allowed. Hypothetically we could make an “unrelated” trade with Carolina that would(for example) see Suzuki and another 1st heading to Carolina for a 7th round pick, and in exchange they don’t match the offer sheet.

Reactions: Drezilla

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

That’s a very real possibility

Reactions: Edgy

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Where did you see this? Basu is legit, it would be big news if he said this.
It was posted earlier in this thread someone linked a tweet in which basu stated something along the lines of with eveything the agent was saying aho wouldnt be happy if the canes matched the offer

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
LIKE Waddell will be there, in a couple years,
LeBrun reports that Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon has given Don Waddell permission to try and sign a Canadiens' player to an offer sheet in the next couple of years if there's a guy he likes.
From his article in The Athletic:
"Believe me when I say this: I guarantee Dundon has already told Waddell that if there’s an RFA in Montreal the ‘Canes can go after over the next few years, he’s got the green light to do something crazy."

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
LIKE Waddell will be there, in a couple years,
LeBrun reports that Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon has given Don Waddell permission to try and sign a Canadiens' player to an offer sheet in the next couple of years if there's a guy he likes.
From his article in The Athletic:
"Believe me when I say this: I guarantee Dundon has already told Waddell that if there’s an RFA in Montreal the ‘Canes can go after over the next few years, he’s got the green light to do something crazy."
"We offer sheet Kotkaniemi: 3.5m for 3 years!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad