Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes to Match part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Canes have to hold on to the player for a year. They can’t trade him to anyone during that time.

Finland wasn't built in a day...but i would like to get Jesse to come to (Finland Quebec)..and see if anything follows along later...lol

Jesse Puljujarvi / Aho / Patrik Laine

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
For anyone who didn't agree with me saying we should trade for Jesse (Jesse Puljujarvi)...well lets plan ahead shall we???lol

Aho on the left............................................................Jesse on the right

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin ought to make a major trade with some other team during the time the Canes owner is deliberately delaying his match, that would steal any thunder he’s trying to muster.

Of course, the trade has to be justified, maybe it might be a long negotiated option coming to fruition. Signing Varano doesn’t cut it.

Or, maybe, Geoff can introduce a new food at the BC. Habs need to do something that signals business as usual.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
July 2 – AUDIO: Tom Dundon and Don Waddell Conference Call

Seriously. Listen to that media conference and still tell me Dundon isn't matching. Nobody postures like that. He is being so arrogant and cocky about it, and diminishes the value of it so incredibly much that if he ever didn't match (even in a trade before the deadline) he would be immediately ridiculed.

Dundon: "This sounds terrible but writing that check is no big deal. The fact that you're asking me if 20 million is a lot might be how we got in this situation."

Dundon: "If this was a test...it was an easy one."

Tom comes in around the 14:00 mark, and just completely destroys the notion of it being too much for him. Have a listen if you don't think he's got it.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Bergevin ought to make a major trade with some other team during the time the Canes owner is deliberately delaying his match, that would steal any thunder he’s trying to muster.

Of course, the trade has to be justified, maybe it might be a long negotiated option coming to fruition. Signing Varano doesn’t cut it.

Or, maybe, Geoff can introduce a new food at the BC. Habs need to do something that signals business as usual.
Give Gardiner the exact same contract just to troll them. I don't care about the cup anymore.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
95DCB92A-7066-41DE-A4B2-E5BF6693DA4D.jpeg

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax

Seriously. Listen to that media conference and still tell me Dundon isn't matching. Nobody postures like that. He is being so arrogant and cocky about it, and diminishes the value of it so incredibly much that if he ever didn't match (even in a trade before the deadline) he would be immediately ridiculed.

Dundon: "This sounds terrible but writing that check is no big deal. The fact that you're asking me if 20 million is a lot might be how we got in this situation."

Tom comes in around the 14:00 mark, and just completely destroys the notion of it being too much for him. Have a listen if you don't think he's got it.

Rich guy being arrogant and claiming to have more money then he really does? Naw, that’s never happened before. :)

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace

time to introduce 19.99$ vegetarian burgers

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
You do understand that they pay 8 millions in a year it’s not upfront like the 12 millions dollars bonus he has to pay.

Huge difference and not covered by the team but by the owner (cause the team is broke)

There are legit reasons why this is dragging on and aho’s Agent and Bergevin knew them
Did you bother to read any of the threads on this so far? Because there are about 21million posts explaining why what you said is wrong.

Incidentally, the 21 million is also how much they have to pay in the first year of his contract, 12 of which (I'm rounding up) are due within 5 days of them matching the offer.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
The whole bonus thing is played out, a 20M operating loss at such high volume has almost no impact here
It isn't about the number having no impact, it's whether or not he thinks paying aho is a smart move or not. Billionaires can offer to gold plate their toilets, but (generally) don't because it's a stupid purchase. Inb4 Aho is great- Hockey is irrelevant in NC, and signing Aho won't change that, so there is a chance a similarly placed GM opts to not match the offer. In fact, just look at the expos; MLB could've definitely afforded that $60K for the expos to call up minor leaguers, but they didn't because they thought it wasn't a financially sound decision.

Reactions: Drezilla

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Until they fix this salary cap structure we aren’t signing any big names. The cap is very unfair. Montreal should have the most cap and every other team should get a cap percentage in relevance with the income tax in that city.

Montreal is not even the highest taxed city in the league. Taxes aren't an excuse. We'll never be a destination like the Florida's, California's or New York teams, they have a special advantage. I don't even care about those players, I want the players that go to teams to win, personally I think that except for location it's the most important thing a player looks for and Montreal just hasn't been competitive in a while. There's no way players look at our team and think "You know with my help, it'll really give the Habs a winning chance at the cup."

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

You’re getting your hopes up
Personally I think after he’s signs Leks and Armia he’s done

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

This is what I find interesting about the entire situation is their letting their ego dictate future négociations with their players and this one included!

$20 mil? No big deal sign this stuff in my sleep

Aho and others are going to be wondering why they were so cheap to begin with lol

If he said oh not quite what we wanted to pay but we really value him and it’s worth it it’s an entirely different situation moving forward for trust.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Most of these fans only discovered hockey in February so they don't understand how to handle their team being made fun of.
They're really an annoying bunch. Always trying to be noticed.

During the playoffs a few Cane posters were convinced of their teams destiny because it "felt" the same way as it did in 2002/2006, and went as far to say "you'll see", as if they could predict the future based on their feelings watching the canes. It was nice to see them get used as asswipe in the ECF against Boston.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
They're really an annoying bunch. Always trying to be noticed.

During the playoffs a few Cane posters were convinced of their teams destiny because it "felt" the same way as it did in 2002/2006, and went as far to say "you'll see", as if they could predict the future based on their feelings watching the canes. It was nice to see them get used as asswipe in the ECF against Boston.
Habs fans are no better.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Imagine a catapult rock that has been planned by for weeks by a rich team come out of nowhere and hitting your castle thats potentially poor and mismanaged. What do you do? Panic (say youre gonna fight back and that its no problen you got this), prepare for war (intend youre gonna match the offer not actually be able to win)....

Then realize if you're in a bad spot for finance and resources/capabilities... And you're up against the top 5 wealthiest team in the Habs?

You put up a white flag for surrender or you go down.

:) :) :)

Reactions: Habano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad