Montréal
Les Habs et le dindon.
coyote_chasse_dindon_martin_belanger_20186026.jpg

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
The Avs took just a few hours to match the O'Rielly OS. Why are the canes taking much more time?

Season had started in January (lockout) and the offersheet signed was Feb 28th

Canes ownership/management are taking their time because they can, and fairly IMO, a bit out of spite. it ties up those picks in the compensation from being used in another offersheet or in a trade.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I'm starting to think the canes are hoping to convince Bergevin to trade both Poehling and Suzuki to them for the draft picks back during the week's delay so they save face. We heard before the offer sheet was tendered that that was their ask.

Wondering if there will be a continuity to this too, will MB then go after Necas or Svechnikov?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Season had started in January (lockout) and the offersheet signed was Feb 28th

Canes ownership/management are taking their time because they can, and fairly IMO, a bit out of spite. it ties up those picks in the compensation from being used in another offersheet or in a trade.
We have all our 1st round picks .All you need is 4 out of 5 1st round picks in 5 years to OS someone. So, no. It's not holding anything up.

Reactions: Runner77

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
I'm starting to think the canes are hoping to convince Bergevin to trade both Poehling and Suzuki to them for the draft picks back during the week's delay so they save face. We heard before the offer sheet was tendered that that was their ask.

Wondering if there will be a continuity to this too, will MB then go after Necas or Svechnikov?
Id trade suzuki, amd the picks for aho in a heartbeat but i wouldnt add poehling

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they’re negotiating extra assets, great.

If not and Bergevin was played into helping along the negotiation, lol.

I think they’ll match and that’ll be that. Not sure why you formally announce it and then don’t make it official, though. It’s not like we’re strapped for cash. It literally does nothing to us. I don’t think we’d be targeting other RFAs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Send them Drouin and the Habs take on one of their toxic contracts and we have a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad