Prospect Info: Hurricanes select G Jacob Kucharski #197

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
i caught the third period, and while i am in no way someone that can even pretend to scout players i will say he looked calm to me even though his team was cleary outmatched. the one goal he gave up was with under 2 minutes left in a game that was clearly over. and to be honest, at that point his teammates were skating like it was over. he was very much hung out to dry on the goal.

one thing i learned that i didn't know - he's a redshirt freshman. i don't know if that impacts when we lose his rights - probably not - but he has plenty of time for the goalie voodoo to kick in. and he is is freaking huge. (not in a scott darling, horizontal way)

He's a redshirt freshman at 21 years old. Kid's had a long road.

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
I never really understood the pick. He hasn’t really had much success going back to his time in the nahl and ushl and hardly seems to play.

Elite prospects has him appearing in just 101 games since the start of the 15-16 season.

I'm not making any excuses, but he's had to deal with a lot of political garbage on the teams he's played for the past few years. I know, I'm his uncle.

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
i caught the third period, and while i am in no way someone that can even pretend to scout players i will say he looked calm to me even though his team was cleary outmatched. the one goal he gave up was with under 2 minutes left in a game that was clearly over. and to be honest, at that point his teammates were skating like it was over. he was very much hung out to dry on the goal.

one thing i learned that i didn't know - he's a redshirt freshman. i don't know if that impacts when we lose his rights - probably not - but he has plenty of time for the goalie voodoo to kick in. and he is is freaking huge. (not in a scott darling, horizontal way)

He's a very calm, grounded kid.

His parents raised him well...

...and he's dedicated as hell.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
headed to the omaha/north dakota game this weekend, hoping to see him play. surprised there hasn’t been a post about him in over a year. dude’s been forgotten about lol. playing well this season so far, has given up just 9 goals in 5 games he has appeared in. impressive.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
headed to the omaha/north dakota game this weekend, hoping to see him play. surprised there hasn’t been a post about him in over a year. dude’s been forgotten about lol. playing well this season so far, has given up just 9 goals in 5 games he has appeared in. impressive.

It would be fun if he turns into a player because then our pipeline is just Kooch and Kooch.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Odd that he appears to be splitting games despite his competition putting up very inferior stats. Perhaps they’re playing a lot of back to backs, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

One of the few things that will inspire a dood to drive that far. Koochie.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We won't have to deal with whiny U of Minnesota fans so we're good there.

"Whadda mean a 24 year old NCAA player signed a pro contract? Shame on professional sports team for stealing our player who plays for free!"
college kids havent played for free in quite some time

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad