Prospect Info: Hurricanes select G Jacob Kucharski #197

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Feel for the young guy. That’s pretty much a “worst nightmare” scenario.

He seems like a guy who can handle adversity, though, with all his bouncing around so hopefully he gets another shot and comes back strong.
I'm confused by what you mean as a 'worst nightmare" scenario?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What’s confusing about that? Imagine the worst possible outcome of your first pro game…this had to have been it.
Got it. I misunderstood. I thought you meant the conditions/scenario of his 1st start (ie...he was put in a bad situation from the start) were the worst nightmare....not the "outcome" of it. I get what you are saying now.

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
Canes family, Kooch is up for play of the year in the NCHC. If y'all wouldn't mind taking a moment to vote for him I'd appreciate it. Round one, day three...scroll down a bit, view the vid and vote for Kooch's phenominal save. Thanks in advance!

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
Canes family, thanks to everyone who voted for my nephew Kooch in the first round for NCHC play of the year. Kooch won his first round matchup and has moved on to the 2nd round. Once again, if you wouldn't mind taking a minute to vote for his phenomenal save I'd appreciate it!!! Link is attached below. Thanks in advance!!!

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Canes family, thanks to everyone who voted for my nephew Kooch in the first round for NCHC play of the year. Kooch won his first round matchup and has moved on to the 2nd round. Once again, if you wouldn't mind taking a minute to vote for his phenomenal save I'd appreciate it!!! Link is attached below. Thanks in advance!!!

It's close, y'all. Every vote counts!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Hopefully when they mail-in ballots come in he wins ;)
1680710459509.gif

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
He did get to join the AHL affiliate even if it was just one game, for a 7th rounder that's not too bad.

Best of luck to him going forward and thanks for the updates @Mike1167 !
Thank you, and you're welcome.

I'm not sure if his advisor reached out to Vegas or not. Vegas didn't have a 7th round pick in 2018, so they traded into it with Pittsburgh with the intentions of drafting Jacob with the pick. The 'Canes drafted him I believe 2 or 3 slots before Vegas picked.

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
Just to update those who would like to know...Kooch has signed with Philadadelphia and will start out with the Reading Royals of the ECHL. He will be in camp with Philly's top farm team, Lehigh Valley, in October. Those are all the details I have so far.

I'd like to thank all of you for your well-wishes and kind words about my nephew. They were much appreciated, and I mentioned it to Kooch too, and he appreciates them as well.

Good luck to your Canes in the coming years.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just to update those who would like to know...Kooch has signed with Philadadelphia and will start out with the Reading Royals of the ECHL. He will be in camp with Philly's top farm team, Lehigh Valley, in October. Those are all the details I have so far.

I'd like to thank all of you for your well-wishes and kind words about my nephew. They were much appreciated, and I mentioned it to Kooch too, and he appreciates them as well.

It's been great having you aboard here - I bet everyone on your side is probably a little more psyched that he's in the Philly farm system anyway! (Judging by your profile pic...)

Best wishes to him and I hope he's on his way to unseating Carter Hart and becoming a division rival to the team that let him get away!

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Best of luck to the young man, would be cool to see him get "the call" to the Flyers even if it's just one game or something.

Once a Cane, always a Cane!

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
It's been great having you aboard here - I bet everyone on your side is probably a little more psyched that he's in the Philly farm system anyway! (Judging by your profile pic...)

Best wishes to him and I hope he's on his way to unseating Carter Hart and becoming a division rival to the team that let him get away!
I've been telling him since he was in 9th grade that he'll be a Flyer some day, and I reminded him of that earlier today, and he replied "yes, since day one" LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad