Prospect Info: Hurricanes select G Jacob Kucharski #197

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
Their starter graduated and their backup from last year is going to be a senior. Good opportunity to get a backup spot for a year and then take over as a starter as a sophomore.

Yeah, even if he gets some starts this season it'll be a step in the right direction. Kids his age need to play to continue to develop. Hopefully there will be some hockey this season.

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
1612395391148428575870.jpgKapcheck, Durante, Kucharski earn national recognition - American International College Athletics

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
After Durante (nine saves) allowed four first-period goals, Lang replaced him with Jake Kucharski, who stopped 18-of-19 shots during the second and third frames.

“Jake (Kucharski) is a brilliant and talented goalie,” said Lang of the redshirt freshman. “He gave us a chance to fight, scratch, and claw our way back into the game.”

Hoping he's found a home and that goalie voodoo kicks in next year...

No. 1 North Dakota University uses strong first period to defeat No. 4 AIC

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i caught the third period, and while i am in no way someone that can even pretend to scout players i will say he looked calm to me even though his team was cleary outmatched. the one goal he gave up was with under 2 minutes left in a game that was clearly over. and to be honest, at that point his teammates were skating like it was over. he was very much hung out to dry on the goal.

one thing i learned that i didn't know - he's a redshirt freshman. i don't know if that impacts when we lose his rights - probably not - but he has plenty of time for the goalie voodoo to kick in. and he is is freaking huge. (not in a scott darling, horizontal way)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'll admit I was discouraged by his path thus far, even as a longshot and even knowing goalies are voodoo. But after seeing the route LaFontaine has taken to become what seems like a very good goalie prospect, I'm interested to see how things go with Kuch. You just never know.

Reactions: DaveG

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'll admit I was discouraged by his path thus far, even as a longshot and even knowing goalies are voodoo. But after seeing the route LaFontaine has taken to become what seems like a very good goalie prospect, I'm interested to see how things go with Kuch. You just never know.

Goalies are voodoo, and Kooch is also a giant. He was always a VERY long-term project.

Reactions: Mike1167 and DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I get all that, but he's moved around quite a bit and still didn't get a ton of playing time this year all told. I doubt he has much of a future, but I'm willing to let it play out.

I never really understood the pick. He hasn’t really had much success going back to his time in the nahl and ushl and hardly seems to play.

Elite prospects has him appearing in just 101 games since the start of the 15-16 season.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad