Hurricanes Lounge XXXI: The Self Quarantined Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Have two job interviews today. While I currently have one it’s definitely not the place or position for me. It’s kind of amazing the difference in interviewing/prospects when you already have a job. I’ve only done it when I had just finished my degree.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Have two job interviews today. While I currently have one it’s definitely not the place or position for me. It’s kind of amazing the difference in interviewing/prospects when you already have a job. I’ve only done it when I had just finished my degree.
Have to agree. Interviews where much different when i was without work for three months about 3.5 years ago. Now i have a lot more negotiating power with a job. Its kind of weird.

at the same time, i get a lot of “you don’t sound like you are invested in this opportunity.” In my head, “unless you make it worth my interest, no.” Or “you want me to move to Hawaii while not helping with moving expenses for a family of 5?!?! Yes prolly not.”

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

"What is your biggest weakness?"

"I'm too honest."

"I don't think that's much of a weakness."

"I don't give a shit what you think."

Aaaand... scene.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Why do I have a feeling this one is based on real experience.
Yep. I do government contracting work and government contracting companies near any base will hit me up frequently. Typically its around DC but I get some outliers every once in a while (Hawaii, NC, Florida, Augusta). The companies are all about winning contracts and willing to pay good money. They are not about helping you move though. I don’t want to move to Augusta or Huntsville (three hours either way) with only 5k of assistance, needless to say Hawaii

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

"I'm too honest."

Aaaand... scene.
Very true. Definitely felt more confident than when I was jobless. Though I must say I really want this particular job. My current place is a bit toxic and growth is almost nonexistent. In 2020 I ain’t got time for that shit.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Very true. Definitely felt more confident than when I was jobless. Though I must say I really want this particular job. My current place is a bit toxic and growth is almost nonexistent. In 2020 I ain’t got time for that shit.
Sounds Vengeful. I like that.

"I'm too honest."

Aaaand... scene.
People who think complete honesty is not a complete weakness lie. Either to themselves or others.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Yep. I do government contracting work and government contracting companies near any base will hit me up frequently. Typically its around DC but I get some outliers every once in a while (Hawaii, NC, Florida, Augusta). The companies are all about winning contracts and willing to pay good money. They are not about helping you move though. I don’t want to move to Augusta or Huntsville (three hours either way) with only 5k of assistance, needless to say Hawaii

If I was single and there was proper assistance, I sure wouldn't mind Hawaii.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Good luck

Reactions: raynman

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Very mask compliant representation from the preppy Atlanta set in Highlands today. 72 sublime degrees in the Cullasaja. I hope WFH becomes the norm. I love the nomadic perks of being able to work and live anywhere especially for the 3 good seasons.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Yep. You have a lot more power. It's almost like you're interviewing them instead of them interviewing you.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I once was asked my biggest weakness and I was honest. I said:

"Here's the thing, I almost never screw up. I might make one mistake every 5 years. But the mistake I make will be HUGE, and I mean catastrophic, and so bad you'll probably have no choice but to fire me. But I promise if I do make that mistake, it will be an honest mistake and it won't be intentional or coming from a place of complacency or neglect."

I'd love to say I got that job, but I didn't. But I was honest, that is my #1 weakness. When I f*** something up, I go hard to the paint with it.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

"Here's the thing, I almost never screw up. I might make one mistake every 5 years. But the mistake I make will be HUGE, and I mean catastrophic, and so bad you'll probably have no choice but to fire me. But I promise if I do make that mistake, it will be an honest mistake and it won't be intentional or coming from a place of complacency or neglect."

I'd love to say I got that job, but I didn't. But I was honest, that is my #1 weakness. When I f*** something up, I go hard to the paint with it.
Hopefully your isn’t caught on video, on YouTube, even ran on CNN so that you never get to forget. /s not speaking from experience or anything.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

They, as your employer, will be financially responsible for your screw-ups towards the third parties. It would be stupid for them to hire someone who readily admits when he screws up. They probably hired some Vladimir Putin type of denier who admits nothing and blatantly disacknowledges stuff even to the face of the most obvious facts.

Reactions: Unsustainable

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I met him a few weeks back when he came here. He is just as cool in real life as you'd think.

Long story short, somebody from the crowd comes up on stage post-show, takes his shirt off and asks Bert to "sign my titty." Bert still has his shirt off too, so there's a slight homoerotic vibe to the whole situation. Said dude's wife and a couple of friends had dared this dude to go to the tattoo place down the street and make Bert's autograph permanent, so he was like "WTF? I don't care" and did it.

Bert waits outside the venue for dude to come back, slamming beers just hanging out with random regular people. Dude comes back from the tattoo parlor and sees Bert standing there. His face just lights up and yells something to the effect of "THE MACHINE IS ON MY TITTY FOREVER!" and they hug and chug beers and everybody is hammered. The end.

So I never heard of this guy before, but I watched some clips and he’s great.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

So I started to watch some basketball videos on Youtube and this one caught my eye.

One thing to note is that I have no issue whatsoever with trash talk of Dr. O'Neal, but I can't imagine people around basketball being ok with an inverted equivalent of the kung fu quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad