Durham, NC
giphy.gif

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Hey, guys and gals!

I'm assuming this is where people may be congregating during the CoronaAdventure?

I just got the sweetest "check in" message from someone on the board and I was struck by how isolating this whole experience could be for a lot of people -- including myself. especially if you are away from family etc and having to stay inside / away from a lot of those distractions that keep us sane.

I really hope we all can continue checking in with each other!

Thanks for being such a welcoming community. I'd hate to essentially say "it's the friends we made along the way," but it's at least close to it.

Much love to you all!

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I got sent home today with no timetable on a return to the office. I work in an accounting department, and the people who write checks and deposit them were told to take their printers and scanners home. They're clearly not expecting to reopen the office for a few weeks.

We're also homebodies with a toddler and an infant in the house, so this is the start of our isolation. If I'm being honest, I'll probably love the first few days, but then the cabin fever will hit. Probably going to start running again. We're also going to have to come up with some creative outings to keep the toddler from bouncing off the walls; all of her regular places are either closed or closing soon.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I work for a restaurant and our sales have tanked the last couple days. Catering has dried up too.

I wish I had one of those fun jobs where I could work from home, but I’m stuck going out among the unwashed masses.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I work for a restaurant and our sales have tanked the last couple days. Catering has dried up too.

I wish I had one of those fun jobs where I could work from home, but I’m stuck going out among the unwashed masses.
I have an office job in manufacturing, I could technically work from home but that would require the company spending money. They don’t spend money.

I feel like I’m learning more about people in the last couple weeks than I ever have before.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't hate hardwood floors, I just think there are certain places that call for carpet. Like my chillout office/den space at home. Like, that totally needs carpet. I can't stretch out on the floor with the stereo on and smoke a J on a hardwood floor.

Also, if you've never done sex with your woman on a thick shag carpet, you're totally missing out. It's awesome

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I've been doing kind of lot overtime in my blue-collar building-industry-feeding manufacturing job lately. None of it because of an absent corona-infectee or anything.

Some talking heads are saying that a recession kick-started by corona is about to hit us hard. Like, start of the 90's Finland ~20 percent unemployment hard. Things are not looking optimal.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And amidst the end of the world I got two pipes leaking. The first one is the copper water pipe in my bathroom that started yesterday to squirt a minuscle water spout from one corner piece. I did a temporary not-really-working fix, a man is coming to see it tomorrow morning.

The other is my own. I really don't want in the current on-going situation to go ask the medical professionals that "I know that you're busy with the corona but couldn't any of you just quickly stick your finger up in my ass?"

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
The other is my own. I really don't want in the current on-going situation to go ask the medical professionals that "I know that you're busy with the corona but couldn't any of you just quickly stick your finger up in my ass?"
What a person does to entertain him or herself sexually during this time it totally up to the individual

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
And amidst the end of the world I got two pipes leaking. The first one is the copper water pipe in my bathroom that started yesterday to squirt a minuscle water spout from one corner piece. I did a temporary not-really-working fix, a man is coming to see it tomorrow morning.

Some things don't need to be shared :tmi::tmi:

In all seriousness though, best to get that checked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad