Hurricanes Lounge XXXI: The Self Quarantined Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
So okay our anthem may effectively be a rip-off of a German drinking song that this guy Pacius sold to one guy and another to cash in the nationalistic awakement, but this Maryland song is literally the German Christmas song O Tannenbaum.

Exactly. No good patriotic songs ever came from Maryland, is the real lesson here.

Also, I'm glad they left the ACC. Good riddance.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
When someone steals thirteen colonies out of you, it would be very petty, and also an admission of having had your ass handed to you, if you then
went and sued them for stealing your beats.

Pettiness isn’t something I would put passed any government. Maybe the King didn’t care about beats when spending all that money on 3 wars and no China to borrow from.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I tried googling "František Škroup bigamy".

Google is giving me (in Finnish) links with "Missing: bigamy ‎| Must include: bigamy"

So effectively I this smug face

skroup_1840.jpg

with associated text "must have bigamy".
Josef Kajetán Tyl - Wikipedia

Wiki won't tell ya.

https://www.national-geographic.cz/clanky/josef-kajetan-tyl-%25e2%2580%2593-vlastenec-a-bigamista-v-jedne-osobe.html

But Nat Geo will.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Pettiness isn’t something I would put passed any government. Maybe the King didn’t care about beats when spending all that money on 3 wars and no China to borrow from.
Yes but that's just the thing, when the response of the other party would: "We did not infringe this song of yours... but if we did, doesn't it echo just nicely from these lofty mountains and forests?"

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Oh the author! Well, f***. I'll probably be receiving legal mail from the Skroup estate soon enough.

Well the authors do that. The English wikipedia won't tell you, but we too got a guy with the same arrangement with his wife and wife's sister.

Juhani Aho – Wikipedia

Last edited:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wife update:

was supposed to go to work today, but her abscess decided to rupture last night and cause the house the look like a murder scene.

So likely another surgery soon, hopefulness it will be just to repair some things and not an ileostimy

Still in my prayers man, that is so rough. Sounds like she’s a beast to be dealing with all this.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Wife update:

was supposed to go to work today, but her abscess decided to rupture last night and cause the house the look like a murder scene.

So likely another surgery soon, hopefulness it will be just to repair some things and not an ileostimy
Oof, I bet that was scary. I hope she is doing well soon. I'm sure being the sick/injured person in any circumstance is the worst, but having to watch someone you love go through anything with very little you can do to help or easy their situation is unbelievably hard, too.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Wife update:

Sounds like a convenient way to cover up for an actual murder... :sarcasm: (posting here is your "alibi")

In all seriousness though, hope she's able to get things taken care of and heal up. This is not the time you want to have to spend much time going to doctors and hospitals with COVID running amok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad