Hurricanes Lounge XXXI: The Self Quarantined Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
That’s where I met my wife. Eharmony. The other “dating” sites are just code for “wanna f***?” Which is fine if that’s what you’re looking for.
Tinder has moved more towards relationships, which is fine though can be a pain when you have no idea what the other person is looking for.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Tinder has moved more towards relationships, which is fine though can be a pain when you have no idea what the other person is looking for.
Nope, it's moving towards snapchat spam...probably 30%+ of profiles are just snapchat ads now. I've had some success actually with Bumble (ended up dating a couple women from there briefly - one just didn't work out, one ended up being a good friend due to distance preventing more). My previous 2 longer relationships actually came from OKC, but there's very little of quality on there these days (which sucks because the questions actually allow you to get a better idea ahead of time of dealbreakers or red flags). POF is 90% spam. I did try Match for a fair bit with a paid subscription, but I got very little communication back...probably because most profiles were filled out for the "free week" but nobody can see/read your messages unless they pay...huge waste of $$. Of course, being in my 30s now as well, most people seem to have multiple kids OR want to have kids ASAP. I'm not against dating someone with 1 kid, but once you get into 2+ dating gets way more complicated. But enough with my dating failures, that's what I have you guys for! (...that doesn't sound quite right...)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Ill retract my previous ending a jump back in.

Jail records =\= that out of towners arent starting it. Just means they are better at getting away with it.

Is it intelligence driven information or just propaganda?

do love all the rumors of who are the instigators:

Antifa
White Nationalists
Even plain clothed cops

in Atlanta body cams are still on. Cops were fired for excessive force.

also really like those pictures you took.

The first has their names on the badge clearly visible
The 2nd, the identifying badge is 6 inches to the left.
They could be mourning a fellow officer. But the conspiracy theory rhetoric fits better.

Even better, it turns out that the Antifa WERE White Nationalists! How fun!

Twitter says fake "Antifa" account was run by white supremacists - CBS News

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Nope, it's moving towards snapchat spam...probably 30%+ of profiles are just snapchat ads now. I've had some success actually with Bumble (ended up dating a couple women from there briefly - one just didn't work out, one ended up being a good friend due to distance preventing more). My previous 2 longer relationships actually came from OKC, but there's very little of quality on there these days (which sucks because the questions actually allow you to get a better idea ahead of time of dealbreakers or red flags). POF is 90% spam. I did try Match for a fair bit with a paid subscription, but I got very little communication back...probably because most profiles were filled out for the "free week" but nobody can see/read your messages unless they pay...huge waste of $$. Of course, being in my 30s now as well, most people seem to have multiple kids OR want to have kids ASAP. I'm not against dating someone with 1 kid, but once you get into 2+ dating gets way more complicated. But enough with my dating failures, that's what I have you guys for! (...that doesn't sound quite right...)
Dating in 2020 is awesome, huh? Long live our future sexbot overlords

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
adding that one to the list too.

Hopefully they are added to the domestic terrorist list here soon too. I know Trump put RIM on a global terrorist threat. not sure about other whitey groups.

Whether he wants to admit it or not, a portion of his fanbase are white nationalist groups. Listing them as domestic terrorists would hurt his already low approval rating, and for a guy with an ego like his, that's not something he's going to do.

Reactions: MinJaBen

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Even worse is that OKC previously made things easy to message other users and see who messaged you to respond back. They moved more toward a tinder type format with the whole "Swype" style shit and using "intros" basically exponentially decreases the odds of getting a match to respond unless both you and they are on their paid options. It's also completely inundated with bots which makes matters worse. Thankfully I've managed to find a decent match on there before they made it a complete pain in the ass to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Dating in 2020 is awesome, huh? Long live our future sexbot overlords

Even worse is that OKC previously made things easy to message other users and see who messaged you to respond back. They moved more toward a tinder type format with the whole "Swype" style shit and using "intros" basically exponentially decreases the odds of getting a match unless both you and they are on their paid options. It's also completely inundated with bots which makes matters worse. Thankfully I've managed to find a decent match on there before they made it a complete pain in the ass to do so.

Well, not for Raynman.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
There are only two rules for successful online dating for men.

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive.

Someone a long time ago did a social experiment about this on Spike, now Paramount network. I don't remember all of it but the dude put pictures of magazine models as profile pictures and like clockwork, women came flocking to said profiles. Was really funny.

Reactions: DaveG

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I met my wife before the “World Wide Web” was a thing, in early 90s, so there was no online dating.
Before the "web" there was the text based internet. No bulletin boards or AOL.

So we used listservs. Email based systems that you could subscribe to. Any and all topics. Subject lines became "threads" and you could get emails live or in a daily digest depending on the listserv. I joined some for academic purposes and a couple for fun. Back then the internet was used mainly by government, universities and such. Much 'high falutin' intellectual stuff thrown around. Lempo would have loved it. Before emoticons we did this :-> for 'Glad' and such so there ere limited ways to express feelings.

To get to the point. I know of 4 marriages that came out of people connecting through these. 2 that I know of are still going strong. I still keep up with quite a few folks I met online (and many in person). One couple has a gathering of us every few years or so out in CA where they live. We all look much older now.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Before the "web" there was the text based internet. No bulletin boards or AOL.

So we used listservs. Email based systems that you could subscribe to. Any and all topics. Subject lines became "threads" and you could get emails live or in a daily digest depending on the listserv. I joined some for academic purposes and a couple for fun. Back then the internet was used mainly by government, universities and such. Much 'high falutin' intellectual stuff thrown around. Lempo would have loved it. Before emoticons we did this :-> for 'Glad' and such so there ere limited ways to express feelings.

To get to the point. I know of 4 marriages that came out of people connecting through these. 2 that I know of are still going strong. I still keep up with quite a few folks I met online (and many in person). One couple has a gathering of us every few years or so out in CA where they live. We all look much older now.

Yeah, true, but the text based listserves were used by a very, very small % of Americans back in 90/91 and were Certainly not forum to date. It certainly wasn’t a way for most to get dates and I don’t know of any connections made that way,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad