GDT: Hurricanes @ Caps 11/8/14 8PM

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'm not putting it all on Ovechkin lol. What you said is exactly what I'm trying to say. He needs more help and it needs to come from another source that isn't a teenager.

Pre-Vancouver Olympics Ovechkin, who was probably the best player we've seen in 15 years, couldn't do it without proper help.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm not putting it all on Ovechkin lol. What you said is exactly what I'm trying to say. He needs more help and it needs to come from another source that isn't a teenager.

I think he is playing how trotz wants him to play. that he is getting plenty of help from the guy wearing 19. tonight he got help from 19 and 52 and they won the game. last game they lost Ov made a great defensive standing preventing two shot attempts and then blocking the 3rd. the block started a rush where he made a nice play to 19 who set up 43 for a near buzzer beater game winner.

Between Wilson and Burakovsky and Kuznetsov and O'Brien and Schmidt there is at least one baby hockey player on the ice at all times.

Burakovsky95*

Pre-Vancouver Olympics Ovechkin, who was probably the best player we've seen in 15 years, couldn't do it without proper help.

Well does that not make it more obvious that we need even more within our forward core this year?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He has a low Hockey IQ, hockey sense, whatever you want to call it. I think most people can agree on that. Oates went out of his way to make him succeed when it came to scoring goals.

Poor Adam Oates lost his job because he tried to save Ovechkin's career. :laugh:

You remind me of Hazu, a Pens fan who posts some hilarious stuff on the main boards.

Thanks for providing a good laugh :laugh:

Burakovsky95*

I think he is playing how trotz wants him to play. that he is getting plenty of help from the guy wearing 19. tonight he got help from 19 and 52 and they won the game. last game they lost Ov made a great defensive standing preventing two shot attempts and then blocking the 3rd. the block started a rush where he made a nice play to 19 who set up 43 for a near buzzer beater game winner.

Between Wilson and Burakovsky and Kuznetsov and O'Brien and Schmidt there is at least one baby hockey player on the ice at all times.

8 and 19 have been on par with Beagle and Chimera possession wise the last two nights

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
I don't think Ovi has low IQ.

He wants to do things that his hands won't allow him to do at a consistent basis anymore.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Am I missing something? Caps got Forsberg with the 11th pick (Avs for Varly deal) in 2012 then Bura with the caps 23rd pick in 2013 right? we should have had both?

You aren't missing anything. He's just putting salt in the wound, reminding us that we lost Varly and Forsberg for nothing.

Courtesy of GMGM.

Burakovsky95*

Problemo:

Corsi Scores

Game is close - 53.44%
Within 1 - 52.55%
Leading - 45.21%
Tied - 53.32%
Trailing - 60.73%

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
yea...you are missing something. Trotz would not have Forsberg and Kuznetsov and Forsberg on the roster at the same time. He doesn't have room for Bura and Kuzy right now.

I don't see any difference between Forsberg and Burakovsky. I am content with what they have. If Forsberg were on the team, Burakovsky would not. If Forsberg was as good with Trotz and Bura is, then it would be a wash.

The Caps don't have a shortage of these kind of young players while they have a limit to how many they can use at the same time.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
yea...you are missing something. Trotz would not have Forsberg and Kuznetsov and Forsberg on the roster at the same time. He doesn't have room for Bura and Kuzy right now.

I don't see any difference between Forsberg and Burakovsky. I am content with what they have. If Forsberg were on the team, Burakovsky would not. If Forsberg was as good with Trotz and Bura is, then it would be a wash.

The Caps don't have a shortage of these kind of young players while they have a limit to how many they can use at the same time.

"I have too many diamonds on my fingers, so I'll just throw extra diamonds away". Makes sense.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

Why do you have such a hard time admitting gmgm ****ed up? You've been doing this since the trade.

capsfan59

May 10, 2009

Which is not a bad thing. Eventually they will all get a chance to play. I don't think Bura playing in Hershey would be that terrible.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
"I have too many diamonds on my fingers, so I'll just throw extra diamonds away". Makes sense.

sure...lets do it your way. where do kuznetsov, Burakovsky, Forsberg and Wilson fit? do this in a way that jives with the coaching preferences that Trotz has displayed.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Forsberg would bump Fehr permanently off the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad