Sekera - Faulk
Liles - Harrison
Hainsey - Bellemore

Khudobin

Ward

Last edited:

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Skinner will score against us because he pretty much always does, at least it feels that way. Gotta be tough on the Lindholm kid, he is playing great right now. Not going to be an easy 2 points

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If Semin is really playing that top line could cause trouble tonight. Tlusty is underrated and has a great shooting %, iirc.

I hope those lines are speculation. Here's what I'd rather see:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wilson
Johansson - Burakovsky - Kuz
Chimera - Laich - Ward
LOB - Latta - Brouwer

Why is t-bro automatically top 6 when just about every other player not named Ovechkin or Backstrom has been moved down to 3rd or below? I know Trotz isn't going to want that "soft" a 2nd line with so little experience in Bura and Kuz but this is the type of game I'd like to see a sneaky-dangerous, quick 2nd line tried. And for some reason I think that combo has a lot of potential.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It's so Brouwer can miss his nightly golden opportunity and look to the sky in frustration, and to commit his standard 4-5 atrocious turnovers for no reason.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
If Semin is really playing that top line could cause trouble tonight. Tlusty is underrated and has a great shooting %, iirc.

I hope those lines are speculation. Here's what I'd rather see:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wilson
Johansson - Burakovsky - Kuz
Chimera - Laich - Ward
LOB - Latta - Brouwer

Why is t-bro automatically top 6 when just about every other player not named Ovechkin or Backstrom has been moved down to 3rd or below? I know Trotz isn't going to want that "soft" a 2nd line with so little experience in Bura and Kuz but this is the type of game I'd like to see a sneaky-dangerous, quick 2nd line tried. And for some reason I think that combo has a lot of potential.

The line up for the Canes is correct. Just waiting to see if Beagle is on the top line permanently and if Fehr or Kuzzy are getting back in the line-up. LOB should definitely be scratched. Doesn't have NHL hands or speed and is below average defensively.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I think Vogel tweeted that Trotz put Beagle on the top line because their legs looked heavy, I'd expect Wilson to start at 1RW tonight.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I think Vogel tweeted that Trotz put Beagle on the top line because their legs looked heavy, I'd expect Wilson to start at 1RW tonight.

Trotz pretty much said that most of the team looked like they had 'heavy legs', implied that it may have been caused because of going pretty damn hard in practices recently.

evilash616

Nov 5, 2014
I'm gonna go outside of the box here a little. This is something I would love to see just for one game. And I know, Kuz isn't quite ready yet, I just want to see what would happen.

Ovi - Kuz - Wilson
MJ90 - Backstrom - Burakovsky
Laich - Fehr - Ward
Chimmer - Latta/Beags - Brouwer

Tell me our bottom six wouldn't be dominant.

Once again though, I know this is a long shot. Just dreaming a little. :yo:

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
I'm gonna go outside of the box here a little. This is something I would love to see just for one game. And I know, Kuz isn't quite ready yet, I just want to see what would happen.

Ovi - Kuz - Wilson
MJ90 - Backstrom - Burakovsky
Laich - Fehr - Ward
Chimmer - Latta/Beags - Brouwer

Tell me our bottom six wouldn't be dominant.

Once again though, I know this is a long shot. Just dreaming a little. :yo:
I am probably in minority but Wilson needs more time in Hershey, he is not yet good enough for T6 in the NHL, and our bottom 6 is pretty good as is, sent Wilson down and put Kuz on top line wing and then I am happy with the lineup

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Was randomly watching highlights from the Ovy 09 playoff hat trick game. Wow the Verizon Center was a madhouse for a few years there. Loud and rowdy, miss that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I am probably in minority but Wilson needs more time in Hershey, he is not yet good enough for T6 in the NHL, and our bottom 6 is pretty good as is, sent Wilson down and put Kuz on top line wing and then I am happy with the lineup

Minority of one, probably.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
Minority of one, probably.

fan base is in love with Wilson because he is playing with heart and is a stand up guy, but he lacks puck skills and ice vision to be top6 right now, he is a 4th liner at the moment, but we don't want him there because the guy has potential and to develop that potential he needs to be playing a lot of minutes in Hershey

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
fan base is in love with Wilson because he is playing with heart and is a stand up guy, but he lacks puck skills and ice vision to be top6 right now, he is a 4th liner at the moment, but we don't want him there because the guy has potential and to develop that potential he needs to be playing a lot of minutes in Hershey

Bullcrap. The guy has got more hockey IQ than any other winger to play with Nicky and Ovi. The fact that he has been so good about knowing when to be present in front of the net has been refreshing. The deflection goal off ovi, the sweet chance at the end of 3rd against Calgary, and an awesome deflection attempt last night... all stuff I haven't seen since Knuble left. He is gonna be solid.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

How do you even know any of this since he's been punching faces and grinding since he came up? From what I can tell he plays a pretty mature game for his age and has good hands and instincts. I have no reason to believe he can't at least give as much as Ward or anyone else we might consider for the top line when it comes to power forwards.

As I've said before I'd also like to see Kuz spend some time at 1RW to see how that looks, but imo neither he nor Wilson really deserve to be scratched or sent down when their games and skillsets are ready to be developed at the NHL level, imo.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
How do you even know any of this since he's been punching faces and grinding since he came up? From what I can tell he plays a pretty mature game for his age and has good hands and instincts. I have no reason to believe he can't at least give as much as Ward or anyone else we might consider for the top line when it comes to power forwards.

As I've said before I'd also like to see Kuz spend some time at 1RW to see how that looks, but imo neither he nor Wilson really deserve to be scratched or sent down when their games and skillsets are ready to be developed at the NHL level, imo.

Wilson is upgrade over Ward, I agree, but playing Ward at 1RW was probably dumbest idea since playing Beagle at 1C, Kuz should be on 1RW we have agreement there

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I don't quite understand how Wilson not currently being an NHL top 6 player is an absurd assertion as it appears so many around here feel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad