GDT: Hurricanes @ Caps 11/8/14 8PM

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
More pertinent question: how pathetic do you have to be to go out of your way to denigrate the most important current and historical player on the team you
"support" every game?

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
"LOL, I'd rather be right than Ovechkin be good ROFLMAO!"

Ummm NO. I'd love the Caps to win a cup with Ovechkin and I'd GLADLY eat crow for the rest of my LIFE. But from what I've seen, I do not think we can win a Stanley Cup with him on this team. It is as simple as that.

Go ahead and resort to personal attacks like the rest of you punks around here do.

capsfan59

May 10, 2009
I don't know about us being one player away from being a cup contender. We need another elite center in all seriousness (tank for McDavid or Eichel tbh). Burakovsky (who I think is gonna be a great player for us) should be moved to wing. Stop the stupidass experiments and draft a guy who has played center all his life. Yes, Bura has been pretty good as a center, but his natural position is winger.

Burakovsky95*

More pertinent question: how pathetic do you have to be to go out of your way to denigrate the most important current and historical player on the team you
"support" every game?

Because that's relevant to our current success right? I'm not going to go to the length these other guys are going to with the "trade him" ******** but I think it's been obvious for quite some time he cant carry the team anymore night in and night out.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Any update on Wilson? He has lookes great so far this year. Hope it is not to serious

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Ummm NO. I'd love the Caps to win a cup with Ovechkin and I'd GLADLY eat crow for the rest of my LIFE. But from what I've seen, I do not think we can win a Stanley Cup with him on this team. It is as simple as that.

Go ahead and resort to personal attacks like the rest of you punks around here do.

I see that you've conveniently ignored the top 5 in the league in ESG post. I get it though, it doesn't fit your Canadian-media fueled agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
5th in the league in ES goals is "crap"? That was Ovie last year, who looked a lot worse than this year, on a team that was abysmal at even strength.

You continuously prove that you're a complete hockey dullard.

blah blah blah

All I ask is, do you think the Capitals can win a Stanley Cup with Ovechkin on the team?

capsfan59

May 10, 2009
Ovechkin got hurt after he blocked that shot. Another damn lie. We haven't heard that from the team.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
1121.gif

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
I see that you've conveniently ignored the top 5 in the league in ESG post. I get it though, it doesn't fit your Canadian-media fueled agenda.

Most of those from set plays that Adam Oates had to drill into that small head of his. How many goals did he score off the faceoff last year? I don't see that happening anymore this year. Because I'd like to believe Trotz cares more about the team than getting one guy his goal quota.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't know about us being one player away from being a cup contender. We need another elite center in all seriousness (tank for McDavid or Eichel tbh). Burakovsky (who I think is gonna be a great player for us) should be moved to wing. Stop the stupidass experiments and draft a guy who has played center all his life. Yes, Bura has been pretty good as a center, but his natural position is winger.

Burakovsky leads the team in ESP. All things considered, that he is 19 and all, you want to complain about him? really?

this place is a hoot. two nights and two wins. the suck ass hurricanes were on a 4 game winning streak they suck so bad. some of you guys just cant take yes for an answer.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Most of those from set plays that Adam Oates had to drill into that small head of his. How many goals did he score off the faceoff last year? I don't see that happening anymore this year. Because I'd like to believe Trotz cares more about the team than getting one guy his goal quota.
Ah, so now you resort to personal attacks against Ovechkin.

capsfan59

May 10, 2009
Burakovsky leads the team in ESP. All things considered, that he is 19 and all, you want to complain about him? really?

this place is a hoot. two nights and two wins. the suck a$$ hurricanes were on a 4 game winning streak they suck so bad. some of you guys just cant take yes for an answer.

I am not complaining about Burakovsky. A guy who has played winger his whole life should play as a winger and not be converted to center where he will no doubt be less effective. All I'm saying is, he would be better as a winger. Let him play his natural position.

Burakovsky95*

Yup, it's all on Ovechkin. It's got nothing to do with management never seeking a real solution down the middle or on defense.

I'm not putting it all on Ovechkin lol. What you said is exactly what I'm trying to say. He needs more help and it needs to come from another source that isn't a teenager.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Dude, Penguins bandwagon is the other way. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad