GDT: HURRICANES (36-25-5) at PENGUINS (39-22-6) 1:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+, TVAS, ATTSN-PT, FS-CR, NHL.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If this team picks Jarry as the starter going forward, they're never going to win another cup. Absolute flash in the pan.

The problem is I don't know that Murray is any better of a choice.

they need to go after someone like Lehner in the offseason...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So Geekie’s absolutely owned Malkin on both of his goals. Can’t have that.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
My 'theory'. You stacked a Jake-Geno-Rust line. They dictated. They attacked. They disguised the Pens weaknesses. Goaltending and bounces of course also were monster issues, but the vibe that started at the top was this team fought.

Jake hurt. Semi replaced by Zucker. But, with Sid back, you've got two diluted scoring lines. They're on their heels as much as anything, and that trickles from top to bottom.

Why I said earlier the biggest choice facing JR this summer is what he wants the Pens to be.

- A team with weaknesses built around setting Sid and Geno up to attack.
- More diluted mediocrity, ignorant of Sid's and Geno's age and how the league has changed.
- Start anew without Geno.

Until JR is willing to move on from option 2, this is where we'll be . . . some good, some back, but as the bounces and goaltending balance out over the long haul, not enough.

When Guentzel was playing the Pens were top in the NHL in xG and by almost every defensive stats. I think it runs deeper than that one line. The bottom six has just evaporated.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Whew.
Talk about rock bottom.
Wonder what JR is thinking right now?

He should already be in the locker room with Recchis pink slip.

And just a picture of a chair on fire to hand to Sullivan.

Edit::: I wouldnt even object to having Jacques Martin Pink slipped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad