GDT: HURRICANES (36-25-5) at PENGUINS (39-22-6) 1:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+, TVAS, ATTSN-PT, FS-CR, NHL.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I am so tired of our defensemen just firing the puck to nowhere on our zone exits.

That's based on the fact that half of them suck. But it also has to be a system issue.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I remember during that game saying it was more a statement about Toronto's inability to transition the puck meant the Pens issues (F3 reads, etc) weren't exposed. Even @SouthGeorge was drinking the Kool Aid and dumping on me, but go back and look at that one. Toronto's special teams sucked, just like they did in the Pens blowout earlier in the season. And, the Pens ES issues weren't exposed because Toronto couldn't transition from D to O quickly enough.

That win was fool's gold.

This is all true. But leading up to that game they weren't this bad.

Reactions: KIRK

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Bjugstad needs to do a lot more than whatever the f*** he’s doing right now. Injury or no he’s making like 4 million dollars. He should be pushing the attack at least occasionally.

dude sucks. id rather have Lafferty in over him anyday of the week.

we need more players who play with a pulse. like Lafferty.

Bjugstad is so invisible, slow, bland. he should not be in this lineup

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
They won that game against Toronto and i just cannot believe what happened after. Unreal. 6 game losing streak. 2 game win streak. 2 game losing. 2-8 in 10 games. Wow.

giphy.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He’s been a baby giraffe his entire career, he was a cap dump for Florida.
He is a former 1st rounder that’s scored 20 before. He just looks like he’s content to touch the puck and get it deep and get off.

dlowry81

Nov 4, 2019
Murray is the goalie to win or lose with going forward, 2 cups, proven winner, hopefully rest of the team wakes up!

The reason TJ sucks right now is because he wasn’t given the net when he deserved it. How many actual good games has Murray had this season, 5?

Based on how you judge things we’d still have Flower.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Malkin has won almost every FO's but their wingers almost always come up with the puck. that's effort problem

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Exactly what I was thinking. They just look spent. Like 2017/2018 the confidence and life have just ebbed out of them. Sleepwalking into another first round exit.

Sleepwalking into 9th place if they’re gonna win 20% of their games and quit whenever the other team plays aggressively.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Three months ago, would you have ever felt that way?

THAT is why it's over. Not just the game. The rest of it. Maybe something dramatic happens. There's always 'hope' in that regard. But . . .
This is why I am seriously entertaining firing Sullivan. It is obviously not all his fault but just as obviously he has no answers and isn't even trying anything radical to shock them out of this funk. Instead he shuffles bottom of the roster guys. He won't ever even consider sitting JJ or Schultz even though both are garbage. He doesn't remove Sheary from the top line when he is clearly at best a 3rd liner (on a bad team). Just pathetic. If we are going to go down like this at least show some damn fight and that you are trying something. Really change for the sake of change is better than the status quo.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
dude sucks. id rather have Lafferty in over him anyday of the week.

we need more players who play with a pulse. like Lafferty.

Bjugstad is so invisible, slow, bland. he should not be in this lineup

Zucker/Crosby/Sheary
Marleau/Malkin/Horny
Rust/McCann/Tanev
Lafferty/Blueger/ERod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad