GDT: HURRICANES (36-25-5) at PENGUINS (39-22-6) 1:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+, TVAS, ATTSN-PT, FS-CR, NHL.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
a. i agree we don’t fire sully right now, but as I pointed out preseason... coaches with his tenure with one team do not win stanley cups... the only exceptions are guys who had a dynasty lasting over the magic 5 year point in their tenures... basically nhl coaches aren’t meant to have long tenures. systems get predictable and players lose focus and tune them out..

Now firing Recchi or whomever has ownership of the PP is a grand idea... someone needs to pay for that mess

Only one I can think of at the moment is Trotz who won in yr 4 of his tenure with the Caps.

MR should have been fired long ago.

Ever since he took over for RT this team has been worse off. He is not a good assit coach.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If this team picks Jarry as the starter going forward, they're never going to win another cup. Absolute flash in the pan.

The problem is I don't know that Murray is any better of a choice.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Who was Letang passing to? Sheesh. Everyone try to enjoy the rest of this day. Screw this game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I just need to know what happened.

From a ridiculously Injured team that played with guts, energy, and no quit attitude.

To a relatively healthy team that plays like they would rather be anywhere else.

My 'theory'. You stacked a Jake-Geno-Rust line. They dictated. They attacked. They disguised the Pens weaknesses. Goaltending and bounces of course also were monster issues, but the vibe that started at the top was this team fought.

Jake hurt. Semi replaced by Zucker. But, with Sid back, you've got two diluted scoring lines. They're on their heels as much as anything, and that trickles from top to bottom.

Why I said earlier the biggest choice facing JR this summer is what he wants the Pens to be.

- A team with weaknesses built around setting Sid and Geno up to attack.
- More diluted mediocrity, ignorant of Sid's and Geno's age and how the league has changed.
- Start anew without Geno.

Until JR is willing to move on from option 2, this is where we'll be . . . some good, some back, but as the bounces and goaltending balance out over the long haul, not enough.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I already used the embarrassment angle. I guess 5 wasn’t enough yesterday.

dlowry81

Nov 4, 2019
TJ giving up 5 because based on coaching that’s how he thinks you get the starting job. :laugh:

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Besides Detroit this is currently the worst team in hockey. Impressive really how terrible they are right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad