GDT: HURRICANES (36-25-5) at PENGUINS (39-22-6) 1:30 p.m. ET; ESPN+, TVAS, ATTSN-PT, FS-CR, NHL.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Seriously, fire Sullivan. Not because this is all his fault but there is nothing else that can be done that has any chance of shocking this team out of the way they are playing right now. It is beyond obvious that Sullivan has no idea how to fix this and isn't even going to really try to find an idea. At best he will just shuffle around a few bottom line guys, but unless someone is injured I doubt he even changes the lineup.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I will throw this out again... make a statement... throw a low round pick out for a UFA that didn’t get traded at the deadline but can help right now... he won’t be playoff eligible, but neither will we if this keeps up

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
When Guentzel was playing the Pens were top in the NHL in xG and by almost every defensive stats. I think it runs deeper than that one line. The bottom six has just evaporated.

No, that absolutely is another factor.

BUT, the shorthanded Pens attacked, and I think Jake-Geno-Rust set the tone for that.

Look at L1 and L2 now. Those lines are diluted. They're hanging on for dear life much more than they attack.

It sets a tone. Frankly, it's the Pens new 'identity'.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
PP lets them down again. Among other things. The unit is really good giving the other team momentum by sucking on it.

Can we go back a couple of months when it was fun watching this team?

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Sleepwalking into 9th place if they’re gonna win 20% of their games and quit whenever the other team plays aggressively.

Yeah, exactly. At this point I dont really care anymore. If they can't play with any fire, unless they have half a dozen injuries in the lineup, then forget about it.

The Canes are doing the same thing we did for 4 months: band together and scratch and claw their way though games.

Some of this is on JR. We clearly needed new blood on the blueline more than up front. But these players have just become apathetic. If that's the case, I'd rather not even bother with the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad