Pre-Game Talk: Hurrican... forget it, LET'S TALK LINES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStinger

Non Omnis Moriar
Mar 30, 2009
Barcelona, Catalunya
www.facebook.com
Iggy is not a 3rd line player. He came to Pittsburgh to play with Sid and Malkin. Under no circumstance is he going to be put on the wing of Sutter. Never going to happen.

And it would be disrespectful to him. Since when is Iginla a 3rd line winger? I think he needs to be on Sid's line and let Duper play on the 3rd line. He won't get upset about that. He is a team man. Not sure about Beauner on the 2nd line in the playoffs. Put Morrow up there and give Geno and Neal a net presence.

That is my two cents anyway.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And it would be disrespectful to him. Since when is Iginla a 3rd line winger? I think he needs to be on Sid's line and let Duper play on the 3rd line. He won't get upset about that. He is a team man. Not sure about Beauner on the 2nd line in the playoffs. Put Morrow up there and give Geno and Neal a net presence.

That is my two cents anyway.

this is my dream setup. And I figure Bennett and Morrow could rotate a bit too. Neither is ideally suited for 2nd line playoff minutes at this stage of their respective careers. If Jokinen is playing 4C, let him get a few 2LW shifts with Geno as well. Get all three of them somewhere around typical 3rd line minutes.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
If I see Iginal, Neal, and Malkin running into each other on the right side of the ice one more time I'm going to go crazy. Lines a mess and doesn't work. Put Kunitz on the Malkin line since we know that works & put Iggy at RW with Sid.

This Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis chemistry thing is crap. Any line you put those guys on is going to be a good line because they are all great two way players & fit Bylsma's system perfectly.

I'm not sure I'm really buying this vaunted chemistry either. Aside from all being great two way players, Crosby is the best player in the world. It's probably safe to say that just about any line he's on is going to produce. I mean, look at what he did with Matt Cooke last season. Kunitz and Dupuis are good wingers(and very underrated in Dupuis' case), but if you can put a HOF scoring winger on Sid's line without damaging any other lines(actually improving every other line), you do it.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I wouldn't mind us rolling 7 D again this postseason. Have Letang get shifts with both Eaton and Despres. Eases the load on Eaton and gives Despres an opportunity to prove himself in playoff hockey.

Roll your top 9 forwards and have Sid/Geno doubleshifted with Jokinen/Adams.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't mind us rolling 7 D again this postseason. Have Letang get shifts with both Eaton and Despres. Eases the load on Eaton and gives Despres an opportunity to prove himself in playoff hockey.

Roll your top 9 forwards and have Sid/Geno doubleshifted with Jokinen/Adams.

if Adams is in, I assume you'd be sitting Bennett?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I worry more about Eaton in a top 4 role. Our forward depth is fine with or without Bennett.

fair enough I guess. Would it not be fine with Bennett instead of Adams? Sutter, Dupuis, Cooke, Jokinen, Kunitz could be our main 5 PK guys and that's really all we typically use.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
fair enough I guess. Would it not be fine with Bennett instead of Adams? Sutter, Dupuis, Cooke, Jokinen, Kunitz could be our main 5 PK guys and that's really all we typically use.

It's Craig Adams. He's not sitting. And Jokinen is too important a f/o guy. Is what it is.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd also rather have Bennett in over Despres. Eaton has been fine as a top 4 guy. If he gets tired, rest him for a game. no big deal.

May 10, 2010
And it would be disrespectful to him. Since when is Iginla a 3rd line winger?

Since he joined a stacked team and didn't produce with Malkin yet and did produce with Morrow and Jokinen.

Iginla accepted a trade here *knowing* 40 goal scoring Neal was Malkin's right winger, and that Crosby's line was outproducing every line in the league. He had to have known it was a strong possibility he'd either have to play left wing or play on the 3rd line.

I don't care if he plays 1st or 3rd line, but there is no reason not to put him on the 3rd line. He made a terrible decision coming here if he didn't even glance at our lineup and see that he might not end up on Crosby or Malkin's right wing given who was already there and productive.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Did Flower have his kid yet? Because he rode my ass for 4 miles, then turned on 79 and just took off like a bat out of hell.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
*sigh*

Ray, you need to do something about this.

I hope they lose 10 nothing and that line is a solid -10.

Looks like he's going to force feed that line until they're down to an elimination game, when it'll already be too late.

Congrats DB. I could have never hated you, but you just planted the seed.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I hope they lose 10 nothing and that line is a solid -10.

Looks like he's going to force feed that line until they're down to an elimination game, when it'll already be too late.

Congrats DB. I could have never hated you, but you just planted the seed.

I know Shero isn't a GM that wants to constantly overrule his head coach, but I just can't believe he wants to see all his deadline deals go to waste. This time, he needs to step in and overrule Bylsma. This is beyond idiotic.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 35s

:cry::cry::cry:

I just don't understand. Why in the world does he keep trying to force this? And why isn't he having this line actually practice together? That's the weirdest part to me. This isn't a line in practice, just during the games. I don't get it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just don't understand. Why in the world does he keep trying to force this? And why isn't he having this line actually practice together? That's the weirdest part to me. This isn't a line in practice, just during the games. I don't get it.

Disco loves square pegs and round holes. Wouldn't want to sand off some of the corners and ruin the fun

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If what Iginla has looked like on the left side is him adjusting...his adjustment hasn't gone well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad