Pre-Game Talk: Hurrican... forget it, LET'S TALK LINES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Alright folks, HF should just shut down entirely. None of us are NHL coaches, GMs, or players. So there's really no point in even discussing anything on here since we're unqualified to do so.

It was nice knowing you all!

Also: no one is ever allowed to vote on politics or eat food.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Couldn't the same be said about Sid? If Crosby/Iginla/Dupuis doesn't work, there's nothing that says Bylsma can't go back to Crosby/Kunitz/Dupuis at a later date. And at least in that scenario (with Kunitz re-uniting with Geno and Neal), no one is playing a position they're unfamiliar with.

I just think Bylsma's being incredibly arrogant and stubborn about sticking with Dupuis/Kunitz on Crosby's wing, and in doing so he's having to jumble the other three lines unnecessarily. It's as if this is his stand against everyone else saying "Crosby and Iginla will be magic", his way of saying, "this is my team, I choose who plays with who, not the media".

Well first off, Sid isn't playing tonight, so that would be impossible. I know everyone wants to project the entire playoffs based on the line-up vs. Carolina, but I'm not prepared to do that.

Second, if DB does continue with this line of thought when Crosby returns, I think trying to put the best player in the league with his most familiar combination when he's coming back from injury is a defensible idea.

I just think the idea that Iginla is automatically going to be an abortion on the LW with Geno and Neal has a pretty shaky foundation. It's worth a shot, even if it's not my first choice.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
the difference, I guess, is that you think there's a chance it will work.

There's a chance. I'm not going to dismiss it outright based on 4 games when Iginla first got here.

I admit that on paper, Dupes - Crosby - Iggy and Kunitz - Malkin - Neal looks more balanced.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well first off, Sid isn't playing tonight, so that would be impossible. I know everyone wants to project the entire playoffs based on the line-up vs. Carolina, but I'm not prepared to do that.

Second, if DB does continue with this line of thought when Crosby returns, I think trying to put the best player in the league with his most familiar combination when he's coming back from injury is a defensible idea.

I just think the idea that Iginla is automatically going to be an abortion on the LW with Geno and Neal has a pretty shaky foundation. It's worth a shot, even if it's not my first choice.

I don't think he'll be an abortion. I think Morrow could easily fill the spot more effectively though. He just fits Geno and Neal better.

There's a chance. I'm not going to dismiss it outright based on 4 games when Iginla first got here.

I admit that on paper, Dupes - Crosby - Iggy and Kunitz - Malkin - Neal looks more balanced.

They have too much talent to be outright bad. But that line has nobody to do the dirty work as effectively as Morrow, Kunitz or Dupuis could do it. I don't care if everything clicks and Iginla becomes completely comfortable at left wing. I still don't want him on THAT left wing because its not a good fit.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't think he'll be an abortion. I think Morrow could easily fill the spot more effectively though. He just fits Geno and Neal better.

They have too much talent to be outright bad. But that line has nobody to do the dirty work as effectively as Morrow, Kunitz or Dupuis could do it. I don't care if everything clicks and Iginla becomes completely comfortable at left wing. I still don't want him on THAT left wing because its not a good fit.

You have some valid points, but we'll see how it goes. As of right now, it's one game where Sid isn't even in the line-up.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Yupp. It's important to keep Crosby with Kunitz and Dupuis because he's familiar with them. It's not like he can play on a line with anyone and make them look good or anything..

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Well this is now the second game in a row that the practice lines have been different from the game lines.

Thursday morning:
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/327446230466719744

Thursday night:
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/327561543661260801

Yesterday at practice:
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/327817946170789888

But we know for tonight that Iginla-Malkin-Neal is happening.

The lines in practice signal that Sid is centering Dupuis and Iggy and Malkin is centering Kunitz and Neal. Yet during the games, he keeps putting Iggy on Malkin's left.

It makes zero sense. The only logical explanation is that Iggy said he came here "to play with the two best players in the world" during his press conference, and Dan is making sure he does every game, but preparing for the playoff lines during practice.

Or he just chooses to be as illogical as possible.

This is so confusing isnt it. Like most on here, I pray the bolded is correct.

If Iggy is to be on Geno's LW in the playoffs, why haven't they been practicing together? This is either a very bad sign (ie. Bylsma will play Igy on Geno's LW in the POs with no practice time together), or a good sign (Iggy and Dupuis to play with Crosby come POs).

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Well this is now the second game in a row that the practice lines have been different from the game lines.

Thursday morning:
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/327446230466719744

Thursday night:
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/327561543661260801

Yesterday at practice:
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/327817946170789888

But we know for tonight that Iginla-Malkin-Neal is happening.

The lines in practice signal that Sid is centering Dupuis and Iggy and Malkin is centering Kunitz and Neal. Yet during the games, he keeps putting Iggy on Malkin's left.

It makes zero sense. The only logical explanation is that Iggy said he came here "to play with the two best players in the world" during his press conference, and Dan is making sure he does every game, but preparing for the playoff lines during practice.

Or he just chooses to be as illogical as possible.

Don't tempt me with this optimism...

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Don't tempt me with this optimism...

:laugh: Just remember there's still a chance!

And asides from the fact, that Iginla should never play LW and should never play with Neal, we all know deep down that playing him with Sid is three years in the making. (Start watching the video at the 50sec mark) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad