Pre-Game Talk: Hurrican... forget it, LET'S TALK LINES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
Bennett not playing is ****ing ridiculously stupid. I'm one of the more mild-mannered guys when it comes to criticizing DB but he is so much better than Glass and TK in every important facet of hockey that BB not playing simply because he's a rookie is just completely insane. I honestly don't know how DB can break down film and come to the conclusion that playing Glass or TK over Bennett gives the team a better shot to win.

A 4th-line that features Adams-Jokinen-Bennett would be the best of it's kind in the NHL. Defensively responsible, control puck possession and chip in more than it's fair share of goals. Sorry, Glass's lame hits 2 seconds after the guy plays the puck aren't wearing anyone down.

And how is everyone going to feel Game 1 when Jokinen comes out of the lineup so that both Glass & Kennedy can play?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
is it just me or does anyone else want them to play Hartzell against the canes? i mean the game is kinda pointless so why not give him a shot?

Do you really want Fleury entering the playoffs having sat for basically an entire week? He last played last night, Thursday. The playoffs begin most likely Wednesday. I want Fleury to have at least part of a game under his belt Saturday night. It is bad enough that there will be four days between games.

Beaudangles19

Dec 10, 2012
USA
Do you really want Fleury entering the playoffs having sat for basically an entire week? He last played last night, Thursday. The playoffs begin most likely Wednesday. I want Fleury to have at least part of a game under his belt Saturday night. It is bad enough that there will be four days between games.

i understand what your saying, maybe give Fleury half then give Hartzell the other half.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Bylsma only played jussi and Bennett because of injuries. His heart remains with glass, Kennedy, and Adams. He'd put draper and maltby on the first line if Shero went out and got them( not then, now)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
People always go down in the playoffs. Even in an opening series, and especially in any 7 game series that may arise.

Yup. Having this problem is a great thing. As much as people don't want to see Kennedy in the lineup, I'd take him as depth in a heartbeat. He has the playoff experience. And during a long playoff run, a lot of things happen. Who knows, maybe he'd go back to how he played before. We always saw that with talbot. Not saying it will happen, just saying a lot of opinions change during a long run. And this as an example.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
So thats a start at least. And Iginla and Dupuis can naturally change around from Right to Left and back during play. I just like the idea of Neal and Iginla being split up. We didnt bring in a HOF winger to do the b***h work for Neal and Malkin.

so now im expecting in the playoffs:
Dupuis Crosby Iginla
Kunitz Malkin Neal
Morrow Sutter Cooke
Glass Jokinen Adams

and Im cool with that(not that my opinion matters) even with Bennett out.
Yeah these look like great lines for the playoffs.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
Ya, that's a great team. But its not the best team we can put on the ice. Its close, but sitting Bennett would be a mistake.

I would like to see Bennett after his first face wash in his first scrum,I feel safer with more experienced players and grinders like Adams and Glass

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hope the Pens come out and destroy the Hurricanes. I know it's a meaningless game in terms of the standings and positioning, but I'd be a bit worried if the Pens go into the playoffs on a 3-game losing streak.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm going with...

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Vitale-Adams or TK...

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I like this lineup. Spread the FO ability around and let Juicy take most of Geno's draws. That 3rd line is killer. Negatives are that I don't know about sitting Adams and hate to bump Dupuis down.

Kunitz Crosby Iginla
Jokinen Malkin Neal
Morrow Sutter Dupuis
Cooke Vitale Bennett

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd play Vokoun for this one and if he wins, start him for the first game of the playoffs. The losing streak near the end of the season reminds me of last season, no want.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
There is no way DB will sit Jussi, he's become such a security blanket for any situation, but especially for important faceoffs. The Glass/Adams/Kennedy line has become such a defensive liability, that I'd be very afraid of having them out there in the playoffs, especially when we're on the road.

I honestly think TK may be the one to sit, but it should be Glass. If it was up to me, I'd do the Adams/Jussi/Bennett 4th line, and you'd get some offense out of that, and good defensive play as well.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I like this lineup. Spread the FO ability around and let Juicy take most of Geno's draws. That 3rd line is killer. Negatives are that I don't know about sitting Adams and hate to bump Dupuis down.

Kunitz Crosby Iginla
Jokinen Malkin Neal
Morrow Sutter Dupuis
Cooke Vitale Bennett

You hate to bump Dupuis down? Why? Because he'd do too well on the third line and it'd be unfair?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I would like to see Bennett after his first face wash in his first scrum,I feel safer with more experienced players and grinders like Adams and Glass

So we are just assuming he can't handle a facewash now? Lets give him a chance since he is a much better player than Glass during the 60 minutes where the clock is actually running. If he can't deal with that stuff, sit him. I'm not suggesting we take the extra guys out back and shoot them.

I just hate this mentality. We have a really good player who may or may not have trouble in his first playoffs and maybe possibly play like a sub-par play. Then we have a sub-par player who will be sub-par no matter what. Why not take the chance on the guy with a chance to impact a hockey game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad