Pre-Game Talk: Hurrican... forget it, LET'S TALK LINES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So if Iginla plays on Sid's left, does everyone ***** as much as they were when he's on Geno's left?

Not, but that's only because MTLPenFan will be ******** enough for all of us. :D

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Not, but that's only because MTLPenFan will be ******** enough for all of us. :D

Especially when you consider that Dupuis is one of the most versatile forwards forwards in the league. For him, it literally makes no difference where he plays.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure what this means, but 87 is messing with that full shield with just about every stoppage. Lifting it, too. #TribHKY

#Pens power play unit out here: Iginla-Crosby-Neal up front, Letang-Malkin points. Guess that'll do. #TribHKY
http://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/statuses/327822454166794241

Posted in other thread: Not a fan of Malkin at right point, but with his shoulder the way it is, I'm a big fan of Neal in the right circle. With Iggy in the left circle, you've got a pair of lethal shots. Sid the set up man for all of it. Cheat too much to one of the circle shooters, and you open up the middle of the ice for Sid, Geno, and Letang to play a three man game. Don't respect those two shooters enough, and expect a lot of no look passes for one-timers. Don't like the lack of a net front presence, but it can be overcome with great puck movement and player movement.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That umbrella w/

Letang
Iggy ... Geno

Is going to be sickening good. I wish Sid was in there w/ Kunitz instead of Neal. Kunitz does a good job scrapping for loose pucks/second chances.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
There's just tons of firepower for the PP: Letang, Martin, Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Neal, Kunitz, Morrow, Bennett, Jokinen...

Definitely enough for two good units, even if you stack the first one.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That umbrella w/

Letang
Iggy ... Geno

Is going to be sickening good. I wish Sid was in there w/ Kunitz instead of Neal. Kunitz does a good job scrapping for loose pucks/second chances.

Actually, it sounds like this . . .

................... Letang

Geno

......................... Sid ................... Iggy

Neal

I got the impression that Iggy and Neal would be the big trigger men, which makes sense given Geno's shoulder. Sid, I think, would play that high slot position we've seen the Pens working a lot more on the PP.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That umbrella w/

Letang
Iggy ... Geno

Agreed. That PP will be nasty at moving the puck and one time options everywhere, but Neal isn't a great puck retriever. Kunitz would help in that complimentary role more than Neal. Oh well, I can't get everything.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Posted in other thread: Not a fan of Malkin at right point, but with his shoulder the way it is, I'm a big fan of Neal in the right circle. With Iggy in the left circle, you've got a pair of lethal shots. Sid the set up man for all of it. Cheat too much to one of the circle shooters, and you open up the middle of the ice for Sid, Geno, and Letang to play a three man game. Don't respect those two shooters enough, and expect a lot of no look passes for one-timers. Don't like the lack of a net front presence, but it can be overcome with great puck movement and player movement.

I'm not convinced Geno's shoulder is that bad. I thought he looked fine in the last 2 games. He hasn't been unleashing 1-timers from the circle on the PP, but the opportunity hasn't really been there, either. Just a ton of room for Iggy on the left side, and he's taking advantage of it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Geno

......................... Sid ................... Iggy

Neal

I got the impression that Iggy and Neal would be the big trigger men, which makes sense given Geno's shoulder. Sid, I think, would play that high slot position we've seen the Pens working a lot more on the PP.

Is Sid really going to be net-front with a broken face? I'm not buying it, which is why I agree with Cole

..Geno............Letang

Crosby.........Kunitz................Iginla

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Geno

................................. Sid Iggy

Neal

It all depends on the set up. "right point" means nothing in an umbrella set up. It will likely be Letang up top and Geno and Iggy on the top of the circles. Sid down low to block shots off his face and Neal roaming. Once it moves to an overload, Neal will be on the side of one timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad