Prospect Info: Hunter Skinner, RD, 4th round, 112nd overall, 2019

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Booger Picker, haha come on.. no one would name their kid that, right?!
IMG_20190622_192910.jpg

Nah. They would name him Alfie though.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Least favorite pick.

Not because of the player, he's a good raw prospect, but the others that went in this round seemed way ahead of this player. 7 of the 10 previous picks were guys I had ranked higher, as well as every player drafted in round 4 after him.

Case McCarthy going to the Devs ! :thumbd:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I would view this pick as being similar to taking a kid like Korczak - a complimentary, do the little things type of defenseman, with size and reach.

Arguably not as far along as similar kids going in the second, but an example of a prospect for whom you do a bit more projecting.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I would view this pick as being similar to taking a kid like Korczak - a complimentary, do the little things type of defenseman, with size and reach.

Arguably not as far along as similar kids going in the second, but an example of a prospect for whom you do a bit more projecting.

And, as we’ve talked about regarding spacing things out, is it a bad thing if this kid takes a full four years to properly develop?

Reactions: Leetch3

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And, as we’ve talked about regarding spacing things out, is it a bad thing if this kid takes a full four years to properly develop?

Absolutely not.

The Rangers are one of two, maybe several teams who will get an instant payoff from this draft.

Then you have a couple of guys who could be on the radar in two or three years. Then a couple of guys who could be on the radar in three or four years.

It’s a pretty balanced draft.

The difference between an A and an A+ for me? The ability to get a team to close a deal at the draft.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Absolutely not.

The Rangers are one of two, maybe several teams who will get an instant payoff from this draft.

Then you have a couple of guys who could be on the radar in two or three years. Then a couple of guys who could be on the radar in three or four years.

It’s a pretty balanced draft.

The difference between an A and an A+ for me? The ability to get a team to close a deal at the draft.

I would probably have to go back to 2008 to find a draft that I feel as good about as this one. Last year’s 1st round was excellent, but round two will always piss me off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad