Value of: Huberdeau

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Nurse is a valuable piece, AA and the 1st aren't that appealing.
AA had one great year but he averages out to be a current 20 goal, 40pt player
The 2021 1st will likely be in the 18th to late 20's range and would likely take 3-4 years to develop.

Fair, was trying to think of someone who could fit that 2C type role. Other than prospects, there really isn't anyone that the Oilers could trade. Adding Nuge would be too much.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Just curious: what would you be willing to pay for Huberdeau?

-LW 6’1 200lbs Turned 27 in June
-3 more years under contract at only 5.9per
-30g for 92pts in 82 games last season
-On pace for 27+g for 92+pts this season

returns can be structured in only one of two ways, either:

-Top pairing D (be conscious of age and remaining years)
-Top-4 D + 2nd line center (be conscious again of the same thing for both)

you can have multiple pieces in any deal, but they must be centered around either a top pairing D, or the combo package of a top-4 D and a 2nd line center

Hubby is elite and I struggle to see Fla moving him. I think they came close a year or so ago when he hit some bad PDO but his major resurgence after that kinda ended it.

Also as good as Hubby is I think you will always see lesser returns when trying to move a winger for a Center or a Dman. They are far easier to obtain and less impactful. I think you would really struggle to find a team who was giving up some of those pieces to begin with. Not saying it isn't possible, with a player like Hubby available you could make a lot happen, I'm just not sure you will get what you are hoping for.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Fair, was trying to think of someone who could fit that 2C type role. Other than prospects, there really isn't anyone that the Oilers could trade. Adding Nuge would be too much.

Ya it may be easier for RNH as the main piece and one of your D prospects. Seems you have more assets with defense than C, in terms of movable ones.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Ya it may be easier for RNH as the main piece and one of your D prospects. Seems you have more assets with defense than C, in terms of movable ones.

The thought would be to add Huberdeau to play with McDavid and keep the Drai/Nuge combo together. We do have more defense assets which is why we could part with a player like Nurse. Are there any Oiler prospects that intrigue you to pair with Nurse?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The thought would be to add Huberdeau to play with McDavid and keep the Drai/Nuge combo together. We do have more defense assets which is why we could part with a player like Nurse. Are there any Oiler prospects that intrigue you to pair with Nurse?

I think we need RNH just as much if not more than Nurse currently, we would have to move Yandle or Matheson to bring in Nurse.
I know we just moved Trocheck but RNH is an upgrade and we would want to re-sign him and go with Barkov, RNH, Borgstrom as our top 3Cs going forward. We don't need the D prospect to step in next year so I feel the C is more of a want/need.

Haula is a free agent this off-season and didnt really get a good amount of games in to gauge his game/re-sign value, he can be a 2C sometimes but hes been injured alot the last 2 years and not sure what managements plan is regarding him.

I like the idea of the proposal an Oiler fan had in this thread,
RNH + Bouchard + Puljujarvi.
Broberg is fine as well in place of Bouchard if Oiler fans are open to it.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I think we need RNH just as much if not more than Nurse currently, we would have to move Yandle or Matheson to bring in Nurse.
I know we just moved Trocheck but RNH is an upgrade and we would want to re-sign him and go with Barkov, RNH, Borgstrom as our top 3Cs going forward. We don't need the D prospect to step in next year so I feel the C is more of a want/need.

Haula is a free agent this off-season and didnt really get a good amount of games in to gauge his game/re-sign value, he can be a 2C sometimes but hes been injured alot the last 2 years and not sure what managements plan is regarding him.

I like the idea of the proposal an Oiler fan had in this thread,
RNH + Bouchard + Puljujarvi.
Broberg is fine as well in place of Bouchard if Oiler fans are open to it.

I don't agree that the difference between RNH and Huberdeau is Bouchard/Broberg and Puljujarvi. That Oiler fan was also trying to dump Russell on you.

Huberdeau is a 90-95 point winger vs. Nuge who is a 65-75 point winger/centre. Can't see the difference being a top d prospect and Puljujarvi.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
There may be some other pieces added from MON side but the base of it isn't brutal if we re-sign Danault.
I felt a top 10 pick (5th to 10th) OR #4D + a top 6C, preferably with 2 years of term was close in value for Huberdeau.

What should we expect? two top 10 picks + 2C or #3-4D + really good prospect?
Ya i'd add more. You said you were fine with Danault + 9th +some other piece or pick.
Danault + 9th + one of our 2nd rd picks this season. If you were happy with that i'd still be all over it. Done .

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't agree that the difference between RNH and Huberdeau is Bouchard/Broberg and Puljujarvi. That Oiler fan was also trying to dump Russell on you.

Huberdeau is a 90-95 point winger vs. Nuge who is a 65-75 point winger/centre. Can't see the difference being a top d prospect and Puljujarvi.

RNHs final year = 1 of the 3 years of Huberdeau, can we agree to that? If RNH had an additional year then yes, I'd agree we bump down the caliber of D prospect.

If you can agree to above, you're saying Huberdeaus final 2 years aren't worth a recent top 10ish D prospect + disgruntled prospect, who isn't worth close to what he was a few years ago?

I'd gauge Puljujarvis value around a later 1st or 2nd + mid level prospect even with the great year he had in Liiga. GMs know he wants out and he isnt on his ELC anymore.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I would not.

Not to say that the value isn't there, but trading for a 27 year old winger isn't in the best interest of the Devils for where they stand organizationally.

Rather pick the best F and D available at those slots and keep building
I figured that was probably the case. Just curious :)

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
RNHs final year = 1 of the 3 years of Huberdeau, can we agree to that? If RNH had an additional year then yes, I'd agree we bump down the caliber of D prospect.

If you can agree to above, you're saying Huberdeaus final 2 years aren't worth a recent top 10ish D prospect + disgruntled prospect, who isn't worth close to what he was a few years ago?

I'd gauge Puljujarvis value around a later 1st or 2nd + mid level prospect even with the great year he had in Liiga. GMs know he wants out and he isnt on his ELC anymore.

Fair points on term, but even with one year left, I'm not trading Nuge, a top 10 pick and a late 1st/2nd for Huberdeau. The difference between Nuge next year and Huberdeau, is not that big.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I think from the Isles you are talking Pulock or Pelech, depending on LD or RD, Wahlstrom and Cizikas. Not a 2C but a solid 3C.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Some deals that I’d be generally interested in (pending what happens in post #3 we’re to happen. Remember, I’m not actively trying to trade him, just curious to see where his value stands):

-Danault + 9th + another add (would really suck to keep him in the division though so it’d really depend on who’s available at 9th and what that add is)
-RNH + Bouchard/Broberg (JP isn’t necessary in this deal imo)
-Nurse + something (like adding nurse but it would be predicated upon what is added from an offensive pov)
-Girard

Curious to hear from an Avalanche fan, thoughts on something around Kadri + Graves? Given the current sample size of graves idk if I’d be comfortable doing that package alone, something may need to be added. But I’m trying to think of deals such as that.

for the record, both defensively and offensively we need more grit/tenacity in our lineup, so for instance I like not only the production but also that grit that kadri plays with along with the size and defensive ability of graves while still being able to log a good chunk of minutes.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I think from the Isles you are talking Pulock or Pelech, depending on LD or RD, Wahlstrom and Cizikas. Not a 2C but a solid 3C.
Something around pulock would be a good basis, depends on the offensive add. Maybe opt for pelech if it means someone who’s capable of playing 2nd line center is added.

we have barkov on the 1st. Acciari and Wallmark for the bottom-6 center roles. Borgstrom we don’t know what to expect right now but I’m not banking on a 2nd line center. So either we resign haula and hope for the best or get one via a trade like this

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Maybe Huberdeau, Borgstrom and a 2021 2nd for Pulock and Nelson? You get both your needs filled and we get our LW match with Barzal plus Borgstrom becomes our 3rd C.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ya i'd add more. You said you were fine with Danault + 9th +some other piece or pick.
Danault + 9th + one of our 2nd rd picks this season. If you were happy with that i'd still be all over it. Done .

Id prefer a more ready prospect over a 2nd rounder, you have three 2020 2nds so its easy to throw one in. Not saying Danault isn't a good piece but id ask for Josh Brook, he's more developed and closer to NHL than a 2020 2nd round draftee. Even then I'm still not super excited or committed to part with Huberdeau, he was the offensive driver on the top line for majority of this year and has good amount of term left.

Fair points on term, but even with one year left, I'm not trading Nuge, a top 10 pick and a late 1st/2nd for Huberdeau. The difference between Nuge next year and Huberdeau, is not that big.

I give RNH added value because he's a C and that's more important position than W.
RNH had nearly 2 more mins of TOI/GP but Huberdeau had 17 more pts, they had similar PP TOI and Huberdeau outpaced him there as well.

Offense isn't everything but thats why i think their value is near equal for next year, if not a slight edge for Huberdeau.

I can understand it being a lot but its rare to acquire a prime aged PPG player with 3 years left. Most higher caliber players are traded with a year or a year and half left when the cost is lower. The better players typically go for 1sts beyond 16th + prospect + pick if it's a 1 to 1.5 year(s) of control, obviously less if at trade deadline

Appreciate the civil chat but I'd hold firm with my counter and looks like we will have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Such a prick/pest to play against, but the type of guy you'd want on your team. Very solid bottom 6 C.

As for Pelech or Pulock, would prefer Pulock for his offense and good defense but we are fine on RD if Weegar goes back to RD. (Ekblad, Weegar, Stralman)

Pelech brings solid defense on a very cheap AAV and both are still RFAs. You guys are loaded with D now and into the future. Think Pelech would end up being the one since Tallon has hinted at the need for a defensive LD.

Not a huge fan of Nelson's deal but he has been producing good numbers the last couple years.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Id prefer a more ready prospect over a 2nd rounder, you have three 2020 2nds so its easy to throw one in. Not saying Danault isn't a good piece but id ask for Josh Brook, he's more developed and closer to NHL than a 2020 2nd round draftee. Even then I'm still not super excited or committed to part with Huberdeau, he was the offensive driver on the top line for majority of this year and has good amount of term left.

I give RNH added value because he's a C and that's more important position than W.
RNH had nearly 2 more mins of TOI/GP but Huberdeau had 17 more pts, they had similar PP TOI and Huberdeau outpaced him there as well.

Offense isn't everything but thats why i think their value is near equal for next year, if not a slight edge for Huberdeau.

I can understand it being a lot but its rare to acquire a prime aged PPG player with 3 years left. Most higher caliber players are traded with a year or a year and half left when the cost is lower. The better players typically go for 1sts beyond 16th + prospect + pick if it's a 1 to 1.5 year(s) of control, obviously less if at trade deadline

Appreciate the civil chat but I'd hold firm with my counter and looks like we will have to agree to disagree.
So Danault ,Our 2020 1st and Brooks for Huberdeau. Again fine by me.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I wouldn’t do the proposed Edmonton deal. I’m confident we are signing RNH so the lack of term on his contract wouldn’t get me to down grade his value. Giving up our best offensive RD prospect in forever who also projects to fill our greatest need and add Puljujarvi on top simply makes zero sense.

We need to find McDavid his winger but not by moving Draisaitl’s and our best prospect.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So Danault ,Our 2020 1st and Brooks for Huberdeau. Again fine by me.

There'd have to be a handshake deal in place for Danault, along with depending on who is available with that 1st (9th overall) and Huberdeau wanting to leave this off-season if we lose to NYI

Just want to post this for some context regarding some dogging/downplaying Danault's game.

danault-RNH.PNG

5 on 5 stats of Danault and RNH from 2018-2020

RNH has the goal scoring edge but Danault has an impressive 80 ESP, he sees limited PP time but more SH minutes.
FLA wasn't one of the stronger 5 on 5 teams with defense.
Trocheck was awesome for this early in his career but seemed to focus more on offense as the years went on, Barkov has done the same as well but still decent defensively.

Would be bringing Danault in to help the 5 on 5 scoring, team defense and more PK options, something that was good at start of year but started slipping 2nd half of season. He helps Barkov focus more on offense and takes away some of his PK duties.

Danault had 43 ESP this year
Huberdeau had 49 ESP this year

I think our PP would still be decent with Barkov, Yandle, Ekblad, Dadonov/Hoffman and Tippett

Last edited:

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
There'd have to be a handshake deal in place for Danault, along with depending on who is available with that 1st (9th overall) and Huberdeau wanting to leave this off-season if we lose to NYI

From the MTL side, count me in as well. I can very easily see the FO sell that we're converting our 2020 1st into an elite francophone LW despite a disappointing 2nd lottery. LW is one of our lowest priorities but game-breaking skills and PP is at the top, and I believe Tatar can play RW. The fact that he's already 27 (time flies!) is offset by his splendid contract, and there's no reason to think he won't be playing well into his 30s. I wonder if Huberdeau could replicate the success he's had along Barkov with Kotkaniemi, who's been compared to Barkov in playstyle and early development curve.

I'm curious to know who the Panthers would be targeting at 9th OA, from your point of view.
I feel like all potentially available players (Sanderson, Raymond, Holtz, Rossi, Perfetti, Quinn, Jarvis, Lundell) except Askarov would be a great fit with your team's prospect pool, so it's mostly down to team preference. I perhaps detect a greater need in D but it isn't the ideal year for that at 9th... perhaps that's what you're trying to balance with Brooks.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
For me there’d still have to be a slightly stronger add to the danault + 9th trade, especially given the fact he’s in the division and I’m sure montreal would overpay slightly to get Huberdeau there

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad