Value of: Huberdeau

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
From the MTL side, count me in as well. I can very easily see the FO sell that we're converting our 2020 1st into an elite francophone LW despite a disappointing 2nd lottery. LW is one of our lowest priorities but game-breaking skills and PP is at the top, and I believe Tatar can play RW. The fact that he's already 27 (time flies!) is offset by his splendid contract, and there's no reason to think he won't be playing well into his 30s. I wonder if Huberdeau could replicate the success he's had along Barkov with Kotkaniemi, who's been compared to Barkov in playstyle and early development curve.

I'm curious to know who the Panthers would be targeting at 9th OA, from your point of view.
I feel like all potentially available players (Sanderson, Raymond, Holtz, Rossi, Perfetti, Quinn, Jarvis, Lundell) except Askarov would be a great fit with your team's prospect pool, so it's mostly down to team preference. I perhaps detect a greater need in D but it isn't the ideal year for that at 9th... perhaps that's what you're trying to balance with Brooks.

Ya all those players would be in the mix as we need both high caliber C and D prospects. If we were to draft both at 9th and 14th-15th (assuming we lose to NYI), Id be happy with one of Perfetti/Rossi/Sanderson and then Jarvis/Schneider at 15th.

I know Jarvis well because FLA fans were watching Portland because of Ludvig who we recently drafted. Don't know if Jarvis will go inside top 10 in my opinion, he only broke out this year but I like his game, similar to Suzuki in MON.

Id immediately dangle/try to flip either 1sts, 9th+ or 14th-15th+ to bring in a top 4 defensive LD though and would be targeting Brodin type player + prospect while moving a retained Yandle out the door for 2nds or 2nd + prospect.

Brook is a decent RD prospect, we are loaded with mid level LD (Gildon, Ludvig, Kolyachonok etc), can never have enough D prospects as they take time to develop.

Last edited:

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
God these offers are embarassing. It's Jonathan Huberdeau, and he's worth a hell of a lot more than...
-7 and 10 overall
-9th and Domi
-Kotkaniemi straight up? LOL
-Nurse, AA and a 1st that's late

Come on. The guy is 27 and has some term left. He's an elite winger. He's proven. Last year and this year has hit his stride as an elite player.

Jonathan Huberdeau Stats for Years 2019 to 2020

GPGAPTS+/-PIMEVPPSHGWEVPPSHSS%TSATOIATOIFOWFOLFO%HITBLKTKGV
15153117170-9703716087047037814.0634284118:49364445.01087185154
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: harv33173

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
God these offers are embarassing. It's Jonathan Huberdeau, and he's worth a hell of a lot more than...
-7 and 10 overall
-9th and Domi

Come on. The guy is 27 and has some term left. He's an elite winger. He's proven. Last year and this year has hit his stride as an elite player.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Nurse, AA and a first isn't that bad of value. But yeah , the rest are bad.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
-7 and 10 overall
-9th and Domi

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

What would you offer from NYR then?

Mackinn on your girl

Jan 10, 2020
Some deals that I’d be generally interested in (pending what happens in post #3 we’re to happen. Remember, I’m not actively trying to trade him, just curious to see where his value stands):

-Danault + 9th + another add (would really suck to keep him in the division though so it’d really depend on who’s available at 9th and what that add is)
-RNH + Bouchard/Broberg (JP isn’t necessary in this deal imo)
-Nurse + something (like adding nurse but it would be predicated upon what is added from an offensive pov)
-Girard

Curious to hear from an Avalanche fan, thoughts on something around Kadri + Graves? Given the current sample size of graves idk if I’d be comfortable doing that package alone, something may need to be added. But I’m trying to think of deals such as that.

for the record, both defensively and offensively we need more grit/tenacity in our lineup, so for instance I like not only the production but also that grit that kadri plays with along with the size and defensive ability of graves while still being able to log a good chunk of minutes.
From an Avalanche fan. Kadri and Graves for Huberdeau. Done and done. Was thinking about posting this exact offer but you beat me to it.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Are you serious? I wouldn't go 1 v 1 Johnny vs Johnny, I'm keeping Johnny Hockey every day of the week except Wednesdays
You keeping him and paying him $9M+ per? Florida doesn't do it anyway. Why trade a 90pt winger signed for three more years on an absolute steal of a deal at $5.9 per for an incoming UFA?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If the NYR needed him? Kakko would have to center a deal. I'd give Kakko, the 13th and say a high-upside defender...Miller? Probably the best the NYR can do, unless they wanted him so badly they didn't care what they coughed up and offered more.

Ya i get the offer with NYRs current build/ team makeup but we would want a NHL ready player (2C or top 3/4 D) being one of the key pieces.

He's worth a lot but most will say he's a winger and not a C or D but its rare to see an elite point producer moved with 3 years of term left so the value is hard to gauge

Reactions: Anthony5967

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Ya i get the offer with NYRs current build/ team makeup but we would want a NHL ready player (2C or top 3/4 D) being one of the key pieces.

He's worth a lot but most will say he's a winger and not a C or D but its rare to see an elite point producer moved with 3 years of term left so the value is hard to gauge
And at that price, he will fetch a haul that's justified.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If the NYR needed him? Kakko would have to center a deal. I'd give Kakko, the 13th and say a high-upside defender...Miller? Probably the best the NYR can do, unless they wanted him so badly they didn't care what they coughed up and offered more.

Don’t you guys already have Panarin and Kreider on LW? I get that Huberdeau is right there in the conversation with Panarin and to have both would be amazing, but I really don’t see why the Rangers would get involved in the Huberdeau sweepstakes (if he were on the market). Not to mention you’d be increasing cap hit (while still needing to get D’Angelo and Strome under contract). It could still be done, but I think the cap space could be used better elsewhere.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Just curious: what would you be willing to pay for Huberdeau?

-LW 6’1 200lbs Turned 27 in June
-3 more years under contract at only 5.9per
-30g for 92pts in 82 games last season
-On pace for 27+g for 92+pts this season

returns can be structured in only one of two ways, either:

-Top pairing D (be conscious of age and remaining years)
-Top-4 D + 2nd line center (be conscious again of the same thing for both)

you can have multiple pieces in any deal, but they must be centered around either a top pairing D, or the combo package of a top-4 D and a 2nd line center

From Montreal:

Yandle, Huberdeau, 1st (16/17OA) for Kotkaniemi and Petry

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
From Montreal:

Yandle, Huberdeau, 1st (16/17OA) for Kotkaniemi and Petry
Although I would like swapping Yandle for petry, but kotkaniemi has not shown enough at this point to warrant huberdeau AND our 1st. Definitely not feasible for us

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Don’t you guys already have Panarin and Kreider on LW? I get that Huberdeau is right there in the conversation with Panarin and to have both would be amazing, but I really don’t see why the Rangers would get involved in the Huberdeau sweepstakes (if he were on the market). Not to mention you’d be increasing cap hit (while still needing to get D’Angelo and Strome under contract). It could still be done, but I think the cap space could be used better elsewhere.
No, I agree. I'm just giving him what I'd offer if they needed him bad enough, say they didn't have Panarin, for example.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Enough value they should not trade him. And he does have a NMC. So if the Panthers do want to move him, is his value that high when Huberdeau says he wants to go to a select few teams? 3 more years left after this year at $5.9M.

Wonder what his production will be next year if Hoffman and Dadonov are gone? I'm sure their PP will be affected and Huberdeau has 37% of his points on the PP. Prior to Hoffman and prior to the Panthers having one of the best PP's, Huberdeau had 69 pts in 82 games and 19 PP points. I think his jump in production came at the same time as when the Panthers PP got stacked! Barkov's numbers jumped too after that 17/18 season.

One of the best LW players in the game on on value contract but a NMC. I don't get this thread idea in terms of value cause he has a NMC. That affects his trade value cause the teams the Panthers can trade him to are limited to what Huberdeau wants.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Although I would like swapping Yandle for petry, but kotkaniemi has not shown enough at this point to warrant huberdeau AND our 1st. Definitely not feasible for us

What if Huberdeau says he wants to be traded to Montreal and Montreal only? He does have a NMC? I think the Panthers need to be very careful with entertaining the idea of trading him cause it could get messy.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Enough value they should not trade him. And he does have a NMC. So if the Panthers do want to move him, is his value that high when Huberdeau says he wants to go to a select few teams? 3 more years left after this year at $5.9M.

Wonder what his production will be next year if Hoffman and Dadonov are gone? I'm sure their PP will be affected and Huberdeau has 37% of his points on the PP. Prior to Hoffman and prior to the Panthers having one of the best PP's, Huberdeau had 69 pts in 82 games and 19 PP points. I think his jump in production came at the same time as when the Panthers PP got stacked! Barkov's numbers jumped too after that 17/18 season.

One of the best LW players in the game on on value contract but a NMC. I don't get this thread idea in terms of value cause he has a NMC. That affects his trade value cause the teams the Panthers can trade him to are limited to what Huberdeau wants.

He has a NMC but its only a 8 team list he can say no to. That leaves a lot of teams he can be traded to, like over 60% of the league.

We're not gonna degrade his value because he's good on the PP are we?
He produces with whoever is on the ice with him because he is a line driver and was more notable at that role than Barkov this year.

I dont think the OP is excited to move him but more just gauging the options if he did ask for a trade. If we beat NYI and maybe get past the 1st round, things can change with his attitude and willingness to stay.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has a NMC but its only a 8 team list he can say no to. That leaves a lot of teams he can be traded to, like over 60% of the league.

We're not gonna degrade his value because he's good on the PP are we?
He produces with whoever is on the ice with him because he is a line driver and was more notable at that role than Barkov this year.

I dont think the OP is excited to move him but more just gauging the options if he did ask for a trade. If we beat NYI and maybe get past the 1st round, things can change with his attitude and willingness to stay.

Full NMC for the next two years. The 8 teams he can be traded to is a NTC and the last year of his contract (22/23)

Just said that his numbers have bumped up quite a bit at the same time as when the Panthers PP was stacked and one of the best in the league for two years in a row now. It's worth noting in the value thread. And make no mistake, I am a big fan. Just not sure how good he really is to be honest. You play him with the centers in Montreal and is he a pt/game player or more? Not sure. It's not a negative, it's just reviewing context of his actual situation. He is not an elite level skater but he does have great edge work, vision, and a good shot.

One of the best LW players in the NHL it appears. Would I trade Domi who can be locked up for 5+ years and the 9th OA who can be another top of the line up player for Huberdeau and his 3 years in term? NO. And I repeat, I am a big Huberdeau fan. Also, like I said in the previous post, if the Panthers PP has a set back cause they loose some offensive talent, I am very curious to see how that affects his stats. 37% of his points on the PP is higher than the average

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Full NMC for the next two years. The 8 teams he can be traded to is a NTC and the last year of his contract (22/23)

Just said that his numbers have bumped up quite a bit at the same time as when the Panthers PP was stacked and one of the best in the league for two years in a row now. It's worth noting in the value thread. And make no mistake, I am a big fan. Just not sure how good he really is to be honest. You play him with the centers in Montreal and is he a pt/game player or more? Not sure. It's not a negative, it's just reviewing context of his actual situation. He is not an elite level skater but he does have great edge work, vision, and a good shot.

One of the best LW players in the NHL it appears. Would I trade Domi who can be locked up for 5+ years and the 9th OA who can be another top of the line up player for Huberdeau and his 3 years in term? NO. And I repeat, I am a big Huberdeau fan. Also, like I said in the previous post, if the Panthers PP has a set back cause they loose some offensive talent, I am very curious to see how that affects his stats. 37% of his points on the PP is higher than the average

Yes you're right about NMC, havent had my coffee yet. Again, we would only move him if he wants to go and I doubt he'd play hardball and limit Tallons options to 1-2 teams, Id say closer to 4-5.

Those are valid concerns playing with MONs Centers, his number may dip a bit and good review on his skating/edgework. He's pure offense though, he creates goals out of nowhere and the main reason the PP clicks, Yandle helps but his job is easier at blue line. Huberdeau is the one attracting attention and finding the open man or sniping himself. Barkov is barely used and more of a decoy near the crease line. Huberdeau and Hoffman are a match made in heaven.

I'd prefer Danault over Domi, who's better 5 on 5 and better defensive player. Domi is a double edged sword, you love the way he plays with an edge but he can be goaded into silly penalties like Kadri and that could be costly in the playoffs.
Plus I think Ekblad isnt his biggest fan after that sucker punch in the preseason.

This play-in/playoffs will be telling with his future in FLA.
Tallon has addressed the needs in goal (Bob needs to be better of course), they brought in the best available coach and added depth up front. Time for the players including him to step and break through the ceiling of a playoff bubble team.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I actually never realized Huberdeau had a nmc, tbh. Granted, other than montreal, I’m more fixated on stronger teams that would be looking to add a big piece like him. Ex: a team like Detroit trying to trade for him wouldn’t make sense

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
You keeping him and paying him $9M+ per? Florida doesn't do it anyway. Why trade a 90pt winger signed for three more years on an absolute steal of a deal at $5.9 per for an incoming UFA?

90 points once?
So Johnny at 99 doesn't compare? 3 years vs 2 years its literally 82 games + PO's, career wise Johnny scores at a higher ppg, while huberdeau plays better defensive wise, but its not a bad offer, im definitely keeping Johnny in a 1v1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad