Aug 23, 2012
USA
Most I'd go is:
Graves
Byram
Jost/bowers
1st
2nd (1st if they win the cup)

Hubby is elite, but a lot of this revolves around the "when" for this trade to happen. In a year or 2 Byram himself could be more valuable that Hubby, even if he isn't now.

Avs also wouldn't blow up their defense and prospect pool so they could get a 3rd top line winger they would see diminishing return on.

I respect that you are trying not to undersell Fla but this is far far too much, even for someone as elite as Hubby. Wingers sadly don't have this kind of pull, and people on here are awful at evaluating prospects and undersell them. So while right now people might see this as fair because there isn't a track record in a year from now this offer is insane.

Also there is irony that you are essentially reversing the Duchene deal which is one of the biggest steals of all time but you are actually giving up way more than that. Like if that isnt a sign this is a poor proposal idk what is, even if I do understand where you are coming from.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Huberdeau is going nowhere.

Saying that this is a smart well thought out trade proposal with lots of upside. If you are trading Huberdeau it is because your gm failed and you need to start over. You are not trading him for safe vets.

I agree Huberdeau is going nowhere unless they can reduce the rumoured $10M in salaries for futures.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I agree Huberdeau is going nowhere unless they can reduce the rumoured $10M in salaries for futures.

What rumor? The one Chris Johnston said one night and was never backed up by anyone?
Keep seeing this pop up but its a myth.

As for NHL ready, we would want Kadri (2C) as a key piece or a top 3/4D + good valued pick/prospect and no, we don't feel Graves or Zadorov fits that bill.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What rumor? The one Chris Johnston said one night and was never backed up by anyone?
Keep seeing this pop up but its a myth.

As for NHL ready, we would want Kadri (2C) as a key piece or a top 3/4D + good valued pick/prospect and no, we don't feel Graves or Zadorov fits that bill.

Would this be enough? You already rejected prospects: Bowers, Byram + 1st.

Kadri
Bura
Graves

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would this be enough? You already rejected prospects: Bowers, Byram + 1st.

Kadri
Bura
Graves

I like the Kadri part, the other pieces have value but not appealing enough to move an elite point producer.
Just seems Bura and Graves are pieces you guys can easily sacrifice and for me, if FLA is moving Huberdeau, its gotta hurt the other team as well.

Reactions: harv33173

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
We are not the GM's but you are here on the trade boards talking about trade value.
yes, talking about value. ex discussing what makes sense for both teams. Not doing some fictional negotiation where both sides start out heavily favoring their own team and then meet in the middle after 3 pages of arguing. Because then that's all this thread would be then, 3 pages of a nonsense back and forth that ends with a bunch of annoyed posters. Just post what you think is actually fair and let people react.

Whats your endgame? get one random panthers fan to say a mediocre offer is fair and then run back to the habs board and say that Panthers fans are willing to do this extremely favorable trade?

Habs were not asking for too much for Patch... So the narrative you presented with us not offering much or asking for too much is flawed. Every team is guilty of the things you are accusing me or other Habs fans. I actually thing Mods should make it against the rules to make blanket statements against entire fan bases.

where did I make a blanket statement about habs fans on HF? I specifically mentioned the way you specifically post on this board.

Reactions: Snowman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
yes, talking about value. ex discussing what makes sense for both teams. Not doing some fictional negotiation where both sides start out heavily favoring their own team and then meet in the middle after 3 pages of arguing. Because then that's all this thread would be then, 3 pages of a nonsense back and forth that ends with a bunch of annoyed posters. Just post what you think is actually fair and let people react.

Whats your endgame? get one random panthers fan to say a mediocre offer is fair and then run back to the habs board and say that Panthers fans are willing to do this extremely favorable trade?

where did I make a blanket statement about habs fans on HF? I specifically mentioned the way you specifically post on this board.

Hey man... I'm not the one who accused Habs fans of being ridiculous with our asking price or over rating our players. I just gave you a taste of your own medicine. I think you should avoid attacking other poster or fan base. That's the end game

The comments we got in the Patch trade talk was comical

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Hey man... I'm not the one who accused Habs fans of being ridiculous with our asking price or over rating our players. I just gave you a taste of your own medicine. I think you should avoid attacking other poster or fan base. That's the end game

The comments we got in the Patch trade talk was comical
your asking price was ridiculous and that price wasn't paid. At the time of the deal the Habs got a good not great prospect and a 2nd round pick + a cap dump in tatar.

That was nowhere near the initial ask from you or many other Habs fans of an A prospect + a first.

Now since that deal, Suzuki has outplayed his initial projection and Tatar rediscovered his game and has been a solid top 6 option. I already said that trade worked out great for the Habs. But don't try to revise history to say that your initial demands were met with that deal.

Nobody is attacking you. However, your posting style is grating. Not you personally or your knowledge of the game because you clearly know hockey. But its the way you approach threads. These threads aren't a competition to see who can get the best deal for their team. Like I've said numerous times, there is zero benefit to finding some random fan from an opposing franchise who thinks a onesided trade is fair. In your search for that one fan, you piss off dozens of others.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I like the Kadri part, the other pieces have value but not appealing enough to move an elite point producer.
Just seems Bura and Graves are pieces you guys can easily sacrifice and for me, if FLA is moving Huberdeau, its gotta hurt the other team as well.

You do realize some teams are more stacked than others?

To expect a stacked team to offer more than others so “it’s gotta hurt” is completely ridiculous.

Not only did the AVs meet your requests for NHL ready players, 1st and Prime Prospects it’s still not good enough.

As some have alluded in earlier posts, you’ll never find the right deal considering you have no interest in contributing.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You do realize some teams are more stacked than others?

To expect a stacked team to offer more than others so “it’s gotta hurt” is completely ridiculous.

Not only did the AVs meet your requests for NHL ready players, 1st and Prime Prospects it’s still not good enough.

As some have alluded in earlier posts, you’ll never find the right deal considering you have no interest in contributing.

Ya thats not enough, we both know that.

Kadri has some decent value.
What are Graves and Bura really worth by themselves?

Not contributing? The OP and I have had some fine discussions with others throughout the thread.

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
Hubby is elite, but a lot of this revolves around the "when" for this trade to happen. In a year or 2 Byram himself could be more valuable that Hubby, even if he isn't now.

Avs also wouldn't blow up their defense and prospect pool so they could get a 3rd top line winger they would see diminishing return on.

I respect that you are trying not to undersell Fla but this is far far too much, even for someone as elite as Hubby. Wingers sadly don't have this kind of pull, and people on here are awful at evaluating prospects and undersell them. So while right now people might see this as fair because there isn't a track record in a year from now this offer is insane.

Also there is irony that you are essentially reversing the Duchene deal which is one of the biggest steals of all time but you are actually giving up way more than that. Like if that isnt a sign this is a poor proposal idk what is, even if I do understand where you are coming from.

I feel like the duchene deal was only bad because Ottawa fell apart.. there was an internal conflict that set star forward and star dman against each other and both left with little return.. and their 1st round picks became top 4 picks

So when you think about it you could have gotten rid of turris' salary, recieved duchene, got 30 goals out of hoffman, 60+ points out of Karlsson, made the playoffs and the avs would have gotten bowers, girard and a late first pick for duchene..

Huberdeau is a great LW and would give colorado 2 amazing and dangerous lines with slightly worse defense losing graves but not having byram on the nhl roster they wouldnt notice his absence right away.

Florida is a high scoring team who could upgrade their defense have bobrovsky take a step up, great coach in Q, then if the so chose sign hall and either dadanov or hoffman

Imo it makes both teams better

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I feel like the duchene deal was only bad because Ottawa fell apart.. there was an internal conflict that set star forward and star dman against each other and both left with little return.. and their 1st round picks became top 4 picks

So when you think about it you could have gotten rid of turris' salary, recieved duchene, got 30 goals out of hoffman, 60+ points out of Karlsson, made the playoffs and the avs would have gotten bowers, girard and a late first pick for duchene..

Huberdeau is a great LW and would give colorado 2 amazing and dangerous lines with slightly worse defense losing graves but not having byram on the nhl roster they wouldnt notice his absence right away.

Florida is a high scoring team who could upgrade their defense have bobrovsky take a step up, great coach in Q, then if the so chose sign hall and either dadanov or hoffman

Imo it makes both teams better

Its a hilarious garbage trade and it definitely doesn't.

Although I appreciate the mental gymnastics, any attempt to pretend that wasn't a giant poopoo sandwich is laughable

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
The kadri + graves deal is in theory a solid foundation, I just think its still short of being enough. Would be great for the avs to pick up Huberdeau without parting with any of makar, girard, or byram. Could sub out graves for byram but he’s not proven yet though it’s still good value, and girard would be too much to add on top of kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad