How will you feel if Washington wins the #1 pick in 2012, with the pick from Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
imagine if they got a top 3 pick then traded backstrom for another one and drafted yakupov and grigerenko...

ovechkin grigerenko yakupov....

have fun stoping that

one can only dream

Pass. I'll keep Backstrom.

4thliner*

Well look at the thread title. Do you know who is ranked top 5? Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galyenchuk, Murray, Reinhart. This may be one of the best drafts all time and the avalanche traded a pick that MAY end up in the top 5, thus giving away an elite prospect. Varlamov really hasn't improved in 2 years, looked to have a bright future after the playoff run but he's been injured.

Honestly, would you trade your 1st rounder for a guy like Frolik? This is the case where you value the pick ahead of a prospect.

Blasphemy

Where is Nick Ebert in there? You know the guy that actually proved he is at that level with size. If Reinhart puts up big numbers with his size, he can challenge for tops.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill_Crosby*

I'm saying a Leafs fan shouldn't mock the Avs overpaying for Varlamov because Burke destroyed your team with the Kessel trade.

Leaf fans shouldn't be critical when looking at a hockey trade on a hockey message board because the GM of their team once made a poor decision which they themselves had no control over? I think I got it

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
washington fans will just have fun watching the standings as the bruins did the last couple of years

i think the aves will be in playoff race in the final week dont know if they will make it i expect pick 21

Mr Lahey*

I owuld be really mad with Colorado. Yakupov would make Washington a dynasty team. If his junior year wasn't a fluke, he will be an impact NHL player in 2-3 years.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
If WSH actually gets the 1st overall, I'd consider it actually being worse than trading Stewart & Shattenkirk for Johnson.

KingJet*

Ovechkin-Kuznetzov-Yakupov :amazed: that'd be the craziest line in the NHL... but I think Colorado will do well enough to make the playoffs

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
Wow, hilarious.

Avalanche fans find it hilarious that people don't assume it wild that a team that finished second last this year could finish in the bottom five next year.

I'm sure that Edmonton - Islanders finals next year will be exciting as ****.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
If Washington got a top 1st and 2nd round pick next year, my initial reaction would be :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and that would probably continue until we meet Washington in a playoff series, then I can only hope their unclutch guys come up small.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
How do you feel if Colorado indeed ends up as a lottery team, thus giving Washington a chance at grabbing Nail Yakupov, but that somehow, Varlamov has a Vezina caliber season ? (2.20 GAA and 93.1% in 60 games for example) ? :sarcasm:

But anyways, the idea of seeing Yakupov with Ovechkin scares me as, although I don't really hate Washington...

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
How do you feel if Colorado indeed ends up as a lottery team, thus giving Washington a chance at grabbing Nail Yakupov, but that somehow, Varlamov has a Vezina caliber season ? (2.20 GAA and 93.1% in 60 games for example) ? :sarcasm:

But anyways, the idea of seeing Yakupov with Ovechkin scares me as, although I don't really hate Washington...

Haha if Varly has those type of stats, I think it's safe to say we will not be in the lottery.

4thliner*

I owuld be really mad with Colorado. Yakupov would make Washington a dynasty team. If his junior year wasn't a fluke, he will be an impact NHL player in 2-3 years.

I would be SHOCKED if Yakupov was not an impact player for whatever team that drafts him in October of the year 2012.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Wow, hilarious.

Avalanche fans find it hilarious that people don't assume it wild that a team that finished second last this year could finish in the bottom five next year.

I'm sure that Edmonton - Islanders finals next year will be exciting as ****.

Have the Oilers or Islanders improved their team as much as Colorado has within the past 24 hours?

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
Have the Oilers or Islanders improved their team as much as Colorado has within the past 24 hours?

The Oilers are delectably close. Moot point though, considering no team in the bottom three has improved themselves to the point of contending for a playoff spot.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I think that no matter what happens, unless Colorado somehow makes it to the Stanley Cup final and beats Washington there, this is a good trade for Washington. Varlamov seemed to have no interest in re-signing with the Caps, and a first and a second is more than just about anyone expected him to bring back in a trade.

However, as bad as it may look right now, this is a good trade for Colorado if they make the playoffs next year and if Varlamov stays healthy and becomes a solid #1 goaltender for at least the next 4-5 years. To me, that is worth a mid-to-late first and a second.

HOLDITHERE*

I think Avs fans and Caps haters are being delusional about this. Not that the Avs are a bad team. But their run two years ago was a fluke. This year was more realistic. They have a great, but YOUNG core. They now have a great,but fluky goalie. The absolute stupidest thing they could've ever done was give away their top pick next year, knowing they've been set up to pick pretty high.

As I said, the Avs aren't bad, but the West is so deep, I see it as almost impossible for them to compete next season. The Wild, the Oilers, Avs, Stars, Islanders, and Panthers will be competing for the top five picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad