How will you feel if Washington wins the #1 pick in 2012, with the pick from Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know it's a long time until the 2012 NHL Draft Lottery, but assuming the Avalanche are one of the bottom 5 teams next season and end up with the worst record, how would you feel about Washington possibly getting the #1 overall pick in the 2012 NHL Draft? They are already a deep team who should be making a serious run for the Stanley Cup and possibly getting lucky with another great player in the draft.

goblinmedics

Jun 21, 2009
I know it's a long time until the 2012 NHL Draft Lottery, but assuming the Avalanche are one of the bottom 5 teams next season and end up with the worst record, how would you feel about Washington possibly getting the #1 overall pick in the 2012 NHL Draft? They are already a deep team who should be making a serious run for the Stanley Cup and possibly getting lucky with another great player in the draft.

Why do people really expect the Avs to be a bottom 5 team in the league? You people are insane.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
How many of these threads do we need? Seriously there are 5 threads all talking about the same thing.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Yakupov....hahaha colorado is gonna make playoffs...being very optimistic here

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
they NEED to get yakupov...all i can say is if malkin EVER moves:

Ovechkin-Malkin-Yakupov

PLEASE.

I bleed orange and black...i mean, im a HUGE flyers fan.

but im a hockey fan as well, and that would be some GREAT ****ING HOCKEY

Lier X Agerate

Avs and Wolves
Oct 7, 2008
Colorado looks pretty solid right now, and barring injuries, we should at LEAST make the 2nd round of the playoffs. Our core is still intact, and anybody lost was replaced by somebody as good or better.

That being said, it was an overpayment on our behalf, but Sherman apparently doesn't mind overpaying for players he values, especially if it's an organizational hole.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Stop making these effin threads. And lol a Maple Leafs fan shouldn't be even talking about this.

Colorado won't be in the top 10 if they remain healthy.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Stop making these effin threads. And lol a Maple Leafs fan shouldn't be even talking about this.

Colorado won't be in the top 10 if they remain healthy.

Why can't a Maple Leaf fan talk about this? I am a Maple Leaf fan. I enjoy talking about hockey, and other teams not just my own. I am not just a fan of the Leafs, I am a fan of the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why can't a Maple Leaf fan talk about this? I am a Maple Leaf fan. I enjoy talking about hockey, and other teams not just my own. I am not just a fan of the Leafs, I am a fan of the game.

I'm saying a Leafs fan shouldn't mock the Avs overpaying for Varlamov because Burke destroyed your team with the Kessel trade.

Kershaw

Colorado looks pretty solid right now, and barring injuries, we should at LEAST make the 2nd round of the playoffs. Our core is still intact, and anybody lost was replaced by somebody as good or better.

That being said, it was an overpayment on our behalf, but Sherman apparently doesn't mind overpaying for players he values, especially if it's an organizational hole.

lol. There is a lot to prove for the Avs. Other than Jones and Hejduk, the wingers are crap, there defense is below average, and Varlamov has played what 40 career games, not to mention he's made of glass. I'm shocked that a 1st rounder from a stacked draft was given away, they could have parted with some prospects in their pool, for example a Tyson Barrie-Semyon Varlamov swap would've been fair. But a team coming off a 2nd last place and throwing the dice praying for huge improvements is far too risky.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm saying a Leafs fan shouldn't mock the Avs overpaying for Varlamov because Burke destroyed your team with the Kessel trade.
Well considering that this past season the Avalanche had finished 29th overall I was surprised that they traded away their 1st round pick for 2012, because you think they wouldn't incase they finish in the bottom 5 again.

Kershaw

Even if Burke 'destroyed' the team, he got a proven 30+ elite goal scoring winger, the Avs got a potential goalie of the future who's injury prone as hell. Varlamov is questionable while Kessel is the real deal, a lock for 30+ goals yearly.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Even if Burke 'destroyed' the team, he got a proven 30+ elite goal scoring winger, the Avs got a potential goalie of the future who's injury prone as hell. Varlamov is questionable while Kessel is the real deal, a lock for 30+ goals yearly.
But the Avs already have their core young players that they are ready to build around. The Leafs didn't when they made the deal.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
You must not watch much Avs hockey if you think they are a bottom 5 team. Reminds me of the 2009 year.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Even if Burke 'destroyed' the team, he got a proven 30+ elite goal scoring winger, the Avs got a potential goalie of the future who's injury prone as hell.
Let's not forget the Avs also signed Giguere to be his back up. Now I am not going to bash him because I enjoyed watching him during his time in Toronto, however this past season he was hurt a lot and just had surgey a few months ago. So if Varlamov gets hurt again they better hope that Giguere is now 100% healthy for the next 2 years.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Well considering that this past season the Avalanche had finished 29th overall I was surprised that they traded away their 1st round pick for 2012, because you think they wouldn't incase they finish in the bottom 5 again.

So your whole opinion on this matter is just glancing at the standings? Right... why did you make this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad