Speculation: How will the Ducks do in 2019-2020 season?

Ducks?

• Total voters

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They could be like the 2013-14 NYR that while it lacked any elite scorers they had depth and had an elite goalie and made the playoffs and went to the cup finals.

Yeah good comparison. I think with this team, they have the talent and depth, but a lot of things have to go right for them, and if the goal-tending can hold up strong all season, then you never know. I still would like them to pick up a Top 4D before the season starts, if there is one available. Was a little disappointed they did not land Shattenkirk, would have been a low risk contract with a very high potential upside. TB got themselves a great deal.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
“This team is not that different than the team that logged 101 points”... Motha****a, are you high? That has to be a joke. This team is nothing like 2 years ago. Let alone a year ago. You’re counting on a bunch of children that have put up .5 pts per game at best.
They're nothing alike eh? Herea the healthy roster for that year.
Getz
Rakell
Perry
Kesler
Rico
Kase
Ritchie
Cogs
Grant
Vermette
Shaw
Wagner
Roy
Lindholm
Manson
Fowler
Bieksa
Beauch
Montour
Holder
Gibby
Miller
Now im sorry there are some big names there that aren't anymore but none of them can really be considered BIG contributers anymore. The biggest losses are Perry and Kesler who combine for a whopping .55 pts per game. Cogs has been replaced by Shaw. Theres an argument for the D of losing Montour but frankly he didnt do much for us last year and I'll wait to see what Guhle or larsson can do before I suggest its a massive downgrade there. There rest of the team is the same or interchangable. Are you high or just stuck in the past where those players were more influencial?

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
They're nothing alike eh? Herea the healthy roster for that year.
Getz
Rakell
Perry
Kesler
Rico
Kase
Ritchie
Cogs
Grant
Vermette
Shaw
Wagner
Roy
Lindholm
Manson
Fowler
Bieksa
Beauch
Montour
Holder
Gibby
Miller
Now im sorry there are some big names there that aren't anymore but none of them can really be considered BIG contributers anymore. The biggest losses are Perry and Kesler who combine for a whopping .55 pts per game. Cogs has been replaced by Shaw. Theres an argument for the D of losing Montour but frankly he didnt do much for us last year and I'll wait to see what Guhle or larsson can do before I suggest its a massive downgrade there. There rest of the team is the same or interchangable. Are you high or just stuck in the past where those players were more influencial?
Buddy, that team wasn’t even good. They stole the majority of the games. They were always trailing, but had voodoo magic. Then they were swept. That team stunk. And this team is even worse.

Shit. I love people that say this team is so deep. I’m talking to you 2 posts above. This team is deep with unproven talent. And even with unproven talent they aren’t deep. You act like having an extra child that has played 10 NHL games is depth. One winger gets injured and there isn’t an NHL caliber player to replace them.

Edit: Oh yeah. Montour stinks.

Edit2.0: I’ll now pretend to be one of those expounding on our depth... “We have Zegras. He was the best prospect in the draft. Number one premium penis. He’s so good he hasn’t signed and is going to college and maybe we’ll see him in a couple years. But until then, I’m going to continue to pump his tires and praise our new God.”

Last edited:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Buddy, that team wasn’t even good. That’s why the got swept by the Sharks. And this team is even worse.

****. I love people that say this team is so deep. I’m talking to you 2 posts above. This team is deep with unproven talent. And even with unproven talent they aren’t deep. You act like having an extra child that has played 10 NHL games is depth. One winger gets injured and there isn’t an NHL caliber player to replace them.

Edit: Oh yeah. Montour stinks.

Edit2.0: I’ll now pretend to be one of those expound on our depth... “We have Zegras. He was the best prospect in the draft. Number one premium penis. He’s so good he hasn’t signed and is going to college and maybe we’ll see him in a couple years. But until then, I’m going to continue to pump his tires and praise our new God.”
Dude do you actually look at other teams depth charts? Im not even projecting Comtois or Jones or Sherwood being in the lineup and all 3 have NHL experiencce. By my count that's 3 injuries. Then we have Lundestrom. No team has NHL players in the AHL chilling. If they're completely ready theyre typically on the team because teams need pkayer on cheap deals producing.
As for that team bad.. If you watch that series the majority of SJs goals came from odd man rushes that we werent giving up during the year. You might not like blaming RC but he is the single biggest reason this team has looked the way it has. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
The Ducks have a bunch of 3rd Lines. Maybe a second line when I’m feeling generous. Ok, fine. They have a 2nd line. Definitely not a 1st line. Congrats on all the plugs, I guess.

*This post sponsored by my third Ruination*

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The Ducks have a bunch of 3rd Lines. Maybe a second line when I’m feeling generous. Ok, fine. They have a 2nd line. Definitely not a 1st line. Congrats on all the plugs, I guess.

Nice argument. I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinions doesn't make yours right, or mine for that matter. Obviously I think your wrong, based on any number of stats and observations already discussed.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Just bet them at 66-1 to win the SC. Here is hoping for a couple good trades at the deadline, like Chara and a veteran winger to play with Steel and Terry (Calling Steve Thomas). And I bought a lottery ticket as well, so at least one of those should cash.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011

Rakell / Getz / (Silf/Terry) is a first line. Not the best, but could probably be where a trade fills in and put Silf on third line with Steel and Terry
Ritchie / Henrique / Kase is a second line
Steel with the other two forwards is a Third line

And who are the plugs.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
Rakell / Getz / (Silf/Terry) is a first line. Not the best, but could probably be where a trade fills in and put Silf on third line with Steel and Terry
Ritchie / Henrique / Kase is a second line
Steel with the other two forwards is a Third line

And who are the plugs.

Half those dudes you mentioned are plugs. We have a 1st line capable of 30 goals combined. 2nd line that will score 20 in a career year. 85% of the lineup is plugs. You bring up names like NHL players are afraid of these guys. I don’t think there is a single team that is worried about facing the Ducks (besides Gibby).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Half those dudes you mentioned are plugs. We have a 1st line capable of 30 goals combined. 2nd line that will score 20 in a career year. 85% of the lineup is plugs. You bring up names like NHL players are afraid of these guys. I don’t think there is a single team that is worried about facing the Ducks (besides Gibby).

You’re like an angry, more negative version of ducksgo. I would assume you’re the same poster except he actually had guys whose tyres he would pump frequently and would say good things about.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don’t care where they finish, I want to see tangible development from players, whether it’s in San Diego or Anaheim.

This team is 2 years away from contending

Reactions: Ducks DVM

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

We have a first line winger with two 30 goal seasons under his belt lol what a terrible take

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego

Rakell has scored at a 32 goal pace for his last 217 games...

You must be the same person who thinks Terry is the only promising player we have in the entire organization.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

This is such a bad take I’m not sure how to respond. Rakell is a 30 goal scorer by himself. And as far as the 2nd line, Silf is a 20 goal scorer by himself. You need some anger management and a little optimism in your life.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018

I agree with you. This team is not going anywhere. Most the players are scrubs and we have no one that will be the next generational leader.

Theres no point of drafting in the 12 to 16 range. Either win or get some picks

We see teams dropping 4 to 5 goals a night and this team, if we are lucky, we get 3 goals

Reactions: GeraldDucksworth

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
This sounds like Dirk's alter ego that doesn't care about fighting and toughness and instead focuses on how we now lack any offense and will set a record for least goals scored in a season ever.

Reactions: GeraldDucksworth

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
This is such a bad take I’m not sure how to respond. Rakell is a 30 goal scorer by himself. And as far as the 2nd line, Silf is a 20 goal scorer by himself. You need some anger management and a little optimism in your life.
Buddy, he didn’t even hit 20 last year. How’s he gonna score 30 on his own? He’s not some magic playmaker with dirty dangles. He got lucky playing with aging superstars.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Buddy, he didn’t even hit 20 last year. How’s he gonna score 30 on his own? He’s not some magic playmaker with dirty dangles. He got lucky playing with aging superstars.

He scored 18 in 68 games and apparently had an injured wrist most of the season.

The team clearly quit on Carlyle from a very early stage last season. There's a reason everyone's numbers plummeted, they didn't suddenly become bad players.

I don't expect them to make the playoffs but I'd be willing to bet they score a lot more goals.

Reactions: Paul4587

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018

These people on here just have no sense that this team has no future.

Its time to blow it up. Get younger, get faster, get draft picks. Theres no point of being first round fodder or missing the playoffs by 2 points.

I bet every playoff team would relish the fact that they play the ducks if in the playoffs

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

Well Pal, I guess I am not willing to write off a 2 time 30 goal scorer who is still only 26 like you are. But for shits and giggles, let’s use Rak with Getz and Terry on line 1. Add their stats from a miserable RC coached season and they still pass your 30 goal for the line statement. Let’s even use Silf with Steel and Kase for line 2.... they are over your 20 goal mark.

Maybe you should do your mental health a favor and not follow this obviously miserable team next season.

I feel you are bordering on trolling at this point.

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
These people on here just have no sense that this team has no future.

Its time to blow it up. Get younger, get faster, get draft picks. Theres no point of being first round fodder or missing the playoffs by 2 points.

I bet every playoff team would relish the fact that they play the ducks if in the playoffs
Because tanking has been the sure fire provable way to become successful and the ONLY way. Just ignore all the teams that have done so and who are still trash.

Also ignore that the last few cup winners haven’t been young, the fastest, or teams that tanked.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Because tanking has been the sure fire provable way to become successful and the ONLY way. Just ignore all the teams that have done so and who are still trash.

Also ignore that the last few cup winners haven’t been young, the fastest, or teams that tanked.

Then what is? Stay in the middle of the pack and hope we find a diamond in the rough? Or find a killer free agent when we are close to being over the cap?

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Tanking is ridiculous and good organizations don’t do it. I was misguided last year a little (as were others) when we were all discussing it.

I’d rather get in the playoffs as an 8 seed than tank. If you think Honda Center is empty now, wait until the team is dear last.

Plus as was already stated, it doesn’t work.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad