How underrated are the Boston Bruins?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Toronto fans dont need to worry about it... but it was you guys wishfully wishing it upon boston so maybe you do?

In any case... none here :)

See thats my point?
That there is none...

Whether you guys used the wrong terminology or not... its all irrelevent

Because Boston has won so many the past 45-50 years.

Google what it means.

Stanley Cup Hangover:

This is when the team that just won the Stanley cup has a rough start to the following season.

Boston never won the cup last year and even then the season is 1/3 of the way through.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Just a note. The Capitals came out of the gate hot last season before they ran out of gas around the their bye week. Careful about counting chicks before they hatch
Let’s not forget what happened to Tampa...

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Canadian media TSN/Sportsnet predicted them either wild card/3rd in the atlantic pre season... some said missing the playoffs!!!!

same theme ever year... and of course the Leaf's always get ranked 1st or 2nd in the atlantic....
Okay and so far no one is right or wrong. I doubt they picked Leafs first. Do you have a link?

“Some said missing the playoffs”. Yeah everyone predicts differently. Did you predict Tampa to be where they are?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Because Boston has won so many the past 45-50 years.

Google what it means.

Stanley Cup Hangover:

Boston never won the cup last year and even then the season is 1/3 of the way through.

And again its the people underrating boston that desperately used this phrase to defend their views

Thanks for paying attention

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
If you asked this question last year, I might say they were moderately underrated. I don't think anyone is taking them lightly this year. Don't worry Boston fans, we see your team. Most of us just don't like your team :laugh:

Reactions: longtime lurker

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
boston is not underrated and respected as a top team in the east

that said, regular season successes don't mean a thing

Reactions: longtime lurker

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
And again its the people underrating boston that desperately used this phrase to defend their views

Thanks for paying attention
Oh trying to save ace, gotcha. Only one in this thread I seen use that phrase was you. If people did it say they would have a hangover just call them out on it because they obviously don’t know what it means. Boston can’t have a hangover when they didn’t win...

But why are you so sensitive about what people say about your team? Who cares. I don’t care at all what people say about the Leafs, it’s their opinion and there is many haters towards them.

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
I bet the habs will make it in as a wild card and elimate them. They usually seemed to take out the bruins unlike the leafs.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
If you asked this question last year, I might say they were moderately underrated. I don't think anyone is taking them lightly this year. Don't worry Boston fans, we see your team. Most of us just don't like your team :laugh:
Exactly. They came out of the Easst last year, I doubt many predicted them to be as far down as the OP suggests. He probably seen a few people but you’ll always get that...

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I bet the habs will make it in as a wild card and elimate them. They usually seemed to take out the bruins unlike the leafs.
Habs have to actually make the playoffs to have a chance though. Which isn’t going to happen. Leafs make the playoffs unlike the Habs :P

Reactions: Ladyfan

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
They're not underrated right now. People are seeing what they can do and are rating them correctly.

They were underrated to start the season on this board though. No one had them leading the Atlantic, in fact most people had them as a wild card and Florida passing them along with Toronto and Tampa. Bunch of people had them missing. In the predictions thread, lots of people had the Bruins taking a step back.

But right now, they are not underrated, and we're quickly heading the other direction to over-rated.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
The sad thing is, the sports talk shows in Boston don't talk about the Bruins. It's basically the first half of the week, talk about last Sunday's Pats game and the other half of the week talk about next Sunday's game.

But I’m sure this improves in the early spring.

I get it the Sox and Celtics but after final four time if I’d imagine it would be Celtics and bruins news with Sox too. I totally get the Red Sox are waaaay more popular but with Boston number one in the league and baseball not even at opening day or just at opening day of a 162 game season you’d hope they’d get at least five or ten mins!

Remember in 06 after the lockout when hockey was on like the fishing channel and no one talked about it literally at all. Lol

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The Bruins could win 50 in a row and the “sports analysts” here in Boston would still be discussing Tom Brady’s apparent decline or even off-season Red Sox.

So it always seems like they are a little underrated as a Bruins fans in Boston.

But in reality, they aren’t.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Who thought they were underrated? They are one of the best teams in the league

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
They're currently the best team in the league aren't they? I'd say that prevents them from being underrated by default.

Reactions: The National

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad