How underrated are the Boston Bruins?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
so much for the Stanley cup hangover that was being wished for... sorry boys and girls, the bruins are playing even better than they did the last 2 seasons

oh yes... second best regular season record in hockey the last 2 years... so they didnt suck then either... and as many playoff victories as anyone...

individually chara who has been written off as dead is 3rd in the nhl for plus minus over the last 3 years... despite still being thrown out against the other teams top players 22 mins a night...

I heard some people say brad marchand might be worthy of consideration for the hart... who is the leading ppg scorer in the nhl the last 3 years? ok... the kid in Edmonton McDavid is pretty good even if his team sucks... so who is second? yeah that Russian guy in tampa has been on a tear of his own...

but who is the third best scorer in hockey now for the past 3 years?

sorry haters... not only is marchand the top agitator... and a super strong defensive player... but this compete 3 zone superstar is also the 3rd best scorer In the nhl now for 3 seasons {no fluke}

----
so much talk about who the second best young star in the game is behind McDavid... I hear drasaitl get consideration and he has averaged 1.06 points per game in 3 years... I hear Toronto fans support Matthews and he has averaged .97 points per game but is also a year younger... braden point gets .87 points per game... and david pastrnak? hes at 1.05 but wheres his love? only McDavid, kucherov, Ovechkin and Matthews have more goals than pastrnak over the last 3 seasons

-----
did it shock you that torey krug is the 6th best scoring dman points per game? burns/karlsson/hedman/Carlson/letang all get Norris consideration out the yahoo... and those are the only 5 better scoring dmen in the entire nhl… wheres the love for krug?
-----

tuuka rask has the best career save % in nhl history for his career... and the best goals against of any active nhl goaltender in the entire league...

the only active goalie that registers shutouts per game started at a better rate than tuuka is halak... both guys very close to 1 shutout every 10 games {only including guys with at least 300 career starts}

-----

all I ever hear is how crappy the bruins trades were for thornton/seguin… how we cant draft and in 2015 blew 3 picks in a row... how we get shutout at free agent signing time... how our trade deadline day is so underwhelming...

our style of play is outdated... we are too old... we dont have a good coach or a good gm...

honest hell... if we arent the most underrated sports franchise in the world right now... I havent been paying enough attention because its just ridiculous the amount of disrespect this team gets shown

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
so much for the Stanley cup hangover that was being wished for... sorry boys and girls, the bruins are playing even better than they did the last 2 seasons

oh yes... second best regular season record in hockey the last 2 years... so they didnt suck then either... and as many playoff victories as anyone...

individually chara who has been written off as dead is 3rd in the nhl for plus minus over the last 3 years... despite still being thrown out against the other teams top players 22 mins a night...

I heard some people say brad marchand might be worthy of consideration for the hart... who is the leading ppg scorer in the nhl the last 3 years? ok... the kid in Edmonton McDavid is pretty good even if his team sucks... so who is second? yeah that Russian guy in tampa has been on a tear of his own...

but who is the third best scorer in hockey now for the past 3 years?

sorry haters... not only is marchand the top agitator... and a super strong defensive player... but this compete 3 zone superstar is also the 3rd best scorer In the nhl now for 3 seasons {no fluke}

----
so much talk about who the second best young star in the game is behind McDavid... I hear drasaitl get consideration and he has averaged 1.06 points per game in 3 years... I hear Toronto fans support Matthews and he has averaged .97 points per game but is also a year younger... braden point gets .87 points per game... and david pastrnak? hes at 1.05 but wheres his love? only McDavid, kucherov, Ovechkin and Matthews have more goals than pastrnak over the last 3 seasons

-----
did it shock you that torey krug is the 6th best scoring dman points per game? burns/karlsson/hedman/Carlson/letang all get Norris consideration out the yahoo... and those are the only 5 better scoring dmen in the entire nhl… wheres the love for krug?
-----

tuuka rask has the best career save % in nhl history for his career... and the best goals against of any active nhl goaltender in the entire league...

the only active goalie that registers shutouts per game started at a better rate than tuuka is halak... both guys very close to 1 shutout every 10 games {only including guys with at least 300 career starts}

-----

all I ever hear is how crappy the bruins trades were for thornton/seguin… how we cant draft and in 2015 blew 3 picks in a row... how we get shutout at free agent signing time... how our trade deadline day is so underwhelming...

our style of play is outdated... we are too old... we dont have a good coach or a good gm...

honest hell... if we arent the most underrated sports franchise in the world right now... I havent been paying enough attention because its just ridiculous the amount of disrespect this team gets shown

This is a heck of a lot of time taken to say that the Bruins are good and Marchand and Pastranak are very good players. Yes Krug is good too.

Everybody already knows this thanks though.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't get it most people and media I have heard from have Boston as one of the top contenders and in the top 5 teams in the league how is that underrated?

As for the part at the end they did get bad returns in the Thornton and Seguin trades and did miss n the 3 firsts. It is possible that those things are true and they can still be a very good team.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I subscribe to the OP’s school of thought as well. Marchand is everything that ever existed in this universe.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Last few years, Bruins have started slower and then gone insane in the 2nd half of the season. This year it will switch. Big first half but will be meh in the 2nd half.

At least I hope.

You had me right up until the end.

Other teams are better on paper but they have just the perfect mix and are considered one of the top 3 teams of the last decade IMO.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This is a heck of a lot of time taken to say that the Bruins are good and Marchand and Pastranak are very good players. Yes Krug is good too.

Everybody already knows this thanks though.

He’s got a habit of epic length posts. I saw the thread title and had two thoughts:

Who underrated them?
Finally a post from him/her that couldn’t possibly be longer than a standard paragraph.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad