How underrated are the Boston Bruins?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
so much for the Stanley cup hangover that was being wished for... sorry boys and girls, the bruins are playing even better than they did the last 2 seasons

oh yes... second best regular season record in hockey the last 2 years... so they didnt suck then either... and as many playoff victories as anyone...

individually chara who has been written off as dead is 3rd in the nhl for plus minus over the last 3 years... despite still being thrown out against the other teams top players 22 mins a night...

I heard some people say brad marchand might be worthy of consideration for the hart... who is the leading ppg scorer in the nhl the last 3 years? ok... the kid in Edmonton McDavid is pretty good even if his team sucks... so who is second? yeah that Russian guy in tampa has been on a tear of his own...

but who is the third best scorer in hockey now for the past 3 years?

sorry haters... not only is marchand the top agitator... and a super strong defensive player... but this compete 3 zone superstar is also the 3rd best scorer In the nhl now for 3 seasons {no fluke}

----
so much talk about who the second best young star in the game is behind McDavid... I hear drasaitl get consideration and he has averaged 1.06 points per game in 3 years... I hear Toronto fans support Matthews and he has averaged .97 points per game but is also a year younger... braden point gets .87 points per game... and david pastrnak? hes at 1.05 but wheres his love? only McDavid, kucherov, Ovechkin and Matthews have more goals than pastrnak over the last 3 seasons

-----
did it shock you that torey krug is the 6th best scoring dman points per game? burns/karlsson/hedman/Carlson/letang all get Norris consideration out the yahoo... and those are the only 5 better scoring dmen in the entire nhl… wheres the love for krug?
-----

tuuka rask has the best career save % in nhl history for his career... and the best goals against of any active nhl goaltender in the entire league...

the only active goalie that registers shutouts per game started at a better rate than tuuka is halak... both guys very close to 1 shutout every 10 games {only including guys with at least 300 career starts}

-----

all I ever hear is how crappy the bruins trades were for thornton/seguin… how we cant draft and in 2015 blew 3 picks in a row... how we get shutout at free agent signing time... how our trade deadline day is so underwhelming...

our style of play is outdated... we are too old... we dont have a good coach or a good gm...

honest hell... if we arent the most underrated sports franchise in the world right now... I havent been paying enough attention because its just ridiculous the amount of disrespect this team gets shown
Competitive, not compete.

Reactions: ybnvs

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
holymakinaw… I think you spelled Toronto wrong and probably were in the wrong thread to begin with when it comes right down to it
Call me when you learn what “Stanley Cup Hangover” means. Plus remember Tampa last year? They haven’t proven anyone right or wrong yet.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Dirty discount team, nr.1 contender with great goalies.

And that impression i got from media, so dont think they are at all underrated.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Call me when you learn what “Stanley Cup Hangover” means. Plus remember Tampa last year? They haven’t proven anyone right or wrong yet.

Toronto fans dont need to worry about it... but it was you guys wishfully wishing it upon boston so maybe you do?

In any case... none here :)

See thats my point?
That there is none...

Whether you guys used the wrong terminology or not... its all irrelevent

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Lmao who the hell underrated the defending EC Champs?

Seems like a thread to toot your own horn tbh because no one's underrating the bruins

Canadian media TSN/Sportsnet predicted them either wild card/3rd in the atlantic pre season... some said missing the playoffs!!!!

same theme ever year... and of course the Leaf's always get ranked 1st or 2nd in the atlantic....

Reactions: SImpelton

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Regular season dominance is one thing. Winning cups is another. In the cap era 14 teams have had a point percentage over .700. This is how they did in the playoffs.

Won the cup: Chicago 2013, Detroit 2008

Lost the finals: Vancouver 2011

Lost in the third round: Pittsburgh 2013

Lost in the second round: Washington 2016, Washington 2017, Nashville 2018, Boston 2014, Boston 2009, Anaheim 2014

Lost in first round: Tampa 2019, Detroit 2006, Washington 2010

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Major jinxing going on. Anti-jinx activated.

By the way, I am worried that lately it feels like we are always relying on monster third periods to win games, as we're either tied or losing after two periods. Playing catch up hockey is losing hockey in the long run.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just a note. The Capitals came out of the gate hot last season before they ran out of gas around the their bye week. Careful about counting chicks before they hatch

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Just a note. The Capitals came out of the gate hot last season before they ran out of gas around the their bye week. Careful about counting chicks before they hatch

They could play .500 hockey for the remainder of the seasons and most likely make the playoffs.. As long as they're healthy come playoff time is what matters.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
They're old and slow and have no depth. Pastrnak is carried by Marchand, who is carried by Bergeron, who is carried by Chara, who is carried by Rask, who is carried by chara, who is carried by Bergeron, who is carried by Marchand who should be banned for life.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
They're old and slow and have no depth. Pastrnak is carried by Marchand, who is carried by Bergeron, who is carried by Chara, who is carried by Rask, who is carried by chara, who is carried by Bergeron, who is carried by Marchand who should be banned for life.

With this, one could successfully run for Toronto mayor, probably. ;)

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The sad thing is, the sports talk shows in Boston don't talk about the Bruins. It's basically the first half of the week, talk about last Sunday's Pats game and the other half of the week talk about next Sunday's game.

Reactions: BEP

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
The sad thing is, the sports talk shows in Boston don't talk about the Bruins. It's basically the first half of the week, talk about last Sunday's Pats game and the other half of the week talk about next Sunday's game.
Unfortunately the Pats are far & away the number 1 draw in Boston and controversy drives ratings. There's no real controversy with the Bruins so we're all kind of in agreement that they are really good; with the Pats we have the possible decline of Brady (that people have been predicting for 10 years so they crawl out of the wood work) & the general issues with the offense. Those things drive calls, which help drive ratings.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Like any year, the team that wins the cup will be the one that catches fire in the playoffs and stays healthy.

Boston are a strong team, but we are many months away from being able to predict if they are favorites. I think for them to win, the “next wave” will need to carry a lot more of the load. Bergeron and co. Seem to wear down by Rd 4, they need more scoring depth. Good news is this seems to be developing internally. Time will tell.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
This is a heck of a lot of time taken to say that the Bruins are good and Marchand and Pastranak are very good players. Yes Krug is good too.

Everybody already knows this thanks though.
That's AOF's style. I think he likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much.

That said, it's hard to be too hard on a fan for being proud of his team. I too think that the Bruins are great, and that while the TEAM is by no means underrated, several of its individual stars are. Espepcially Krug and until recently, Marchand and Pastrnak.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Who the **** thought the team that won the East would suck? Nobody underrates Boston, we just hate you.
I appreciate your honesty. As a Boston fan, we look at that kind of hate as a form of backhanded respect. Some of us wallow in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad