How Good IS Kyle Connor

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was listening to TSN and they mentioned what makes the Winnipeg Jets special is that they promote players playing to their strength and seeing how that leads to development. In the case of Kyle Connor he made the smart decision to work on his game as it pertains to complimenting Scheifele and Wheeler and it has led to 1st line playing time. He definitely has shown so much development in his entire game.

Reactions: Skidooboy

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
"really f***ing good"....drops mic

not suggesting that some of you didn't get to see him back in his USHL days, but I was lucky enough to watch him play a lot...and he was hands down the best player I have ever seen come out of that league non USNDP....he was phenomenal...I remember talking about him in a pretty much 1 man thread his first year because nobody knew who this skinny ass kid was. after his second season of ripping the league a new asshole, I said there is ZERO doubt he should be a top 10 pick...that was his draft -1 year, he wasn't even eligible yet lol...he then does it yet again and obliterates the USHL for the third year posting numbers that 16 and 17 year old simply do not do at the USHL level...if only I had been employed by a NHL team making these choices because he would not have fallen into your laps...long story short....yeah he is aiight!!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
"really ****ing good"....drops mic

not suggesting that some of you didn't get to see him back in his USHL days, but I was lucky enough to watch him play a lot...and he was hands down the best player I have ever seen come out of that league non USNDP....he was phenomenal...I remember talking about him in a pretty much 1 man thread his first year because nobody knew who this skinny ass kid was. after his second season of ripping the league a new *******, I said there is ZERO doubt he should be a top 10 pick...that was his draft -1 year, he wasn't even eligible yet lol...he then does it yet again and obliterates the USHL for the third year posting numbers that 16 and 17 year old simply do not do at the USHL level...if only I had been employed by a NHL team making these choices because he would not have fallen into your laps...long story short....yeah he is aiight!!

Kyle doesn't make these 'flashy goals" --like 20-25 ft slappers under the bar, but he knows where to be around the net, and when that puck hits his stick--"bang"--their in the net. He has those quick hand -eye reflexes, and will always score a lot. I'd like to see what he can do from the outside at around 20-25 ft., but we'll take what he gives us. He'll win many games for us. He's sort of sneaky good, and rarely misses--a true sniper.

Reactions: AmericanDream

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Screen-Shot-2018-10-27-at-5-45-38-PM.png

once and a while I go back to this one

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd love for him to sign an extension with us. Don't know what his ask will be, but I think $7M AAV would get him sold on a contract.

Reactions: GNP

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'd love for him to sign an extension with us. Don't know what his ask will be, but I think $7M AAV would get him sold on a contract.

Too bad we’re paying Burmistrov 2.0 $6.250M per with a cap hit of $6M for the next five years when the Jets need to sign real talent like Connnor and Morrissey!

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Kyle is finding a way to be effective on the forecheck and can just let his offensive talents shine now.

Still a bit of work needed in his own zone, but his offensive talents are unmistakable. He’s a very good young player that is getting better.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Maybe the person making these posts on Connor should look at the physique of the greatest player ever to play in the NHL. -- his name was Wayne Gretzky. He was a total bone rack, ranked last on his teams endurance and strength list, but pretty much doubled any players "lifetime" point production. He just left these guys in the dust. I believe he had years a couple times, where he had more than 200 points.

So, before people make posts like this, they should understand that all players bring different assets to a team, and there not all gritty "tough guys." There are the 'white collar" players, that use their skill and brains--like Kyle Connor.

Remember the game is basically about 2 things :
1) scoring goals
2) preventing goals being scored on you.

Final objective is to score more goals than your opponent, and allow fewer goals into your net --that equals a "winner"--

So far Kyle Connor looks like a "white collar" winner to me-- " goal scorer."

Reactions: sipowicz

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Farm boy is one of very few that most of us leave alone - he doesn't take a lot of fan abuse for a reason.
It will be interesting to see how the club values him going forward - do they wrap him up long term or does he end up getting bridged because he isn't the priority?
The more you watch him, the more he becomes the priority

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Too bad we’re paying Burmistrov 2.0 $6.250M per with a cap hit of $6M for the next five years when the Jets need to sign real talent like Connnor and Morrissey!

Lol, Sipowicz, you are the Grand Master of recency bias!

Burmistrov had scored a grand total of 58 points in the NHL by the time he was 22, Ehlers' current age, and never more than 28 points in a single season.
Ehlers has already scored 166 NHL points, the 3rd highest in his draft class.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Lol, Sipowicz, you are the Grand Master of recency bias!

Burmistrov had scored a grand total of 58 points in the NHL by the time he was 22, Ehlers' current age, and never more than 28 points in a single season.
Ehlers has already scored 166 NHL points, the 3rd highest in his draft class.
Facts...…..they suck :sarcasm:.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
When you can skate with and without the puck like that physique doesn't matter

To answer the question. Connor is like really really really good

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg

2/3 of those tweets aren't incorrect!

Connor, (a bit like Wheeler was) will never be classified as a physical player. Bruins like that type of the player for their very successful system.

I believe PM's coaching has brought out the compete level of of O'Connor where he is not necessarily making hits but is using his body to separate other players off the puck along the boards.

That said, his speed and skill will hopefully benefit the Jets for years. He is definite a core part of the team and will certainly imo receive an 8 year extension offer from Chevy!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
2/3 of those tweets aren't incorrect!

Connor, (a bit like Wheeler was) will never be classified as a physical player. Bruins like that type of the player for their very successful system.

I believe PM's coaching has brought out the compete level of of O'Connor where he is not necessarily making hits but is using his body to separate other players off the puck along the boards.

That said, his speed and skill will hopefully benefit the Jets for years. He is definite a core part of the team and will certainly imo receive an 8 year extension offer from Chevy!

Context is important. This was in response to Connor not making the US WJ squad, which was a joke.

Connor would have still excelled in Bruins system.

Reactions: Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad