How Good IS Kyle Connor

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Connor with Laine is so damn exciting! It's EXACTLY what we were looking for on that second line. Now we get 2 lines firing on all cylinders.
So much potential yet as well. They haven't played together much yet, relatively speaking. Give all three on that line 20 games or so, and they should gel even better.

I love that we may have found a way to take advantage of the different types of skills on the team.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
So much potential yet as well. They haven't played together much yet, relatively speaking. Give all three on that line 20 games or so, and they should gel even better.

I love that we may have found a way to take advantage of the different types of skills on the team.

Exactly! I am also very happy for Little. I felt bad for him. Really good player but that entire line, when Ehlers was on it, just did NOT work at all.

Reactions: Tommigun and LAINEC

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I think I've said before, Connor is like a more North American-style Ehlers. Has some of the same skills - notably his ability to handle the puck at high speed - but he's more direct and seems to make his offensive decisions more quickly.

Anyway, I think Connor with Scheif and Wheels for the better part of a season helped him develop into what he's become. It seems like teams with lots of talent can kind of put players into a framework where they can succeed - and nothing breeds success like success (I'm thinking of Tampa here with their endless supply of talented forwards - but also Toronto is doing the same kind of things).

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think I've said before, Connor is like a more North American-style Ehlers. Has some of the same skills - notably his ability to handle the puck at high speed - but he's more direct and seems to make his offensive decisions more quickly.

Anyway, I think Connor with Scheif and Wheels for the better part of a season helped him develop into what he's become. It seems like teams with lots of talent can kind of put players into a framework where they can succeed - and nothing breeds success like success (I'm thinking of Tampa here with their endless supply of talented forwards - but also Toronto is doing the same kind of things).

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. If we can get that to rub off on the entire top 6 now, that would be a great accomplishment. I think Ehlers and Laine (as odd as that sounds), just need to be successful for a while to get the momentum going and keep it going. Working so far.

nippanappa

Nov 26, 2018
Connor has really impressed me with his play this season. He was playing good last season too, but I always thought it was mostly because of his line mates (Scheifele and Wheeler). However, now that the first line's been struggling after KC left the line and the long-lost 2nd line flourishing with him, it makes you wonder how good he actually is...

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Laine made a civilian a million dollars, but he's going to make Connor an extra $16 million over the life of Connor's next contract.
Connor prob doesn't mind having a generational sniper on his wing. You can see the $ signs in his eyes after each goal :laugh: One has to wonder if he, while watching Ehlers skate around with the puck like a headless chicken on speed until he loses it, has thought to himself "What are you doing?! Just feed the ******* puck to Laine" :huh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Laine made a civilian a million dollars, but he's going to make Connor an extra $16 million over the life of Connor's next contract.

The way it has started out I think they will both get a lift playing together but $2 million a year AAV difference for Connor seems too high to me but time will tell.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

I would say they are both making each others game better and both should benefit from what they each blend.
I'd have to think Laine's value has also taken a considerable jump since he's had the opportunity to play with KC.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Seems like Wheeler is the guy dressing up Laine right now. If I was Chevy, KC would be higher priority than Laine.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I would say they are both making each others game better and both should benefit from what they each blend.
I'd have to think Laine's value has also taken a considerable jump since he's had the opportunity to play with KC.

Yes that duo is definitely mutually beneficial.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Connor had 2 games with 4 points, in a week.....and all you could hear were the crickets

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
im afraid he is on his way to making ehlers expendable in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad