How Good IS Kyle Connor

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
1-In response to the idea Laine is making Conner look good. I suggest Wheeler is making Laine look good.

2- I am also suggesting that Connor may be a more complete player than Laine.

That is all.

In response to the idea that Wheeler is making Laine look good. I suggest Conner is making Wheeler look good.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Connor has really impressed me with his play this season. He was playing good last season too, but I always thought it was mostly because of his line mates (Scheifele and Wheeler). However, now that the first line's been struggling after KC left the line and the long-lost 2nd line flourishing with him, it makes you wonder how good he actually is...

A lot of the first line’s previous success can be attributed to Connor. It is obvious by now.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
1-In response to the idea Laine is making Conner look good. I suggest Wheeler is making Laine look good.

2- I am also suggesting that Connor may be a more complete player than Laine.

That is all.

I think Laine is making Wheeler look good. And Connor is making Laine look good.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
He's not that good but the objective is to put the puck in the net so I guess he's OK. What's his playoff record?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
So how good is Kyle Connor?
Do we pull out all the stops to get this guy signed long term?
Is he a priority?

Reactions: kellhunter

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He is going to be Patrick Kane level good.

That could happen - he's elite offensively and per your comment, how much better will he be in a year or two.

Personally, I've never seen a player like him when you look at how he plays in traffic.
He doesn't hit but can strip pucks with his stick work and body position - and he'll take a hit - doesn't avoid the heavy side of the game.
He rolls off everything and never seems to get knocked down.
Yet, I don't recall him ever being injured or missing games.
He can drive the net and make defenders look lost - and he can score in tight with the best of them.

His D needs work but it'll never be great by any measure.

He's a key pce - hope they wrap him up.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
His offensive skills and iq are apparent. Can score in a vast amount of ways wouldn't be surprised to see a 40g+ & ppg year at his peak. I liked his defensive game better to start the year it's been inconsistent throughout.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Dude is ridiculously fast AND quick, can stick-handle in a phone booth, and put pucks in top shelf from 5 feet out. Ehler's is slicker, Laine's got a better shot, Scheifele is better overall, but Connor is a joy to watch do his thing. He's always, always dangerous, and as someone just mentioned, almost impossible to hit.

Such a fun player to watch.

Last edited:

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017
He is very good and a key player in the Jets young core. Watched a lot of his college games and I will tell u this. This kid still has another gear and will only get better and better.

Reactions: KB1971 and LowLefty

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
He is nowhere near as good as Kane, and he never will be. Wow.

I don't know if I'd agree with this ? it's a little to early to tell ? Did Kane have back to back 30 + goal seasons at 20-21 years old ?-- I don't know if he did ? Connor will likely score 35 goals this year, and I can see him scoring 40 next year.

In his prime, I can see him having 80- to 90 point seasons.

At this point the only thing he's lacking is the ability to score from 20-25 feet out, with a hard slapper, or wrister --which he could develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad