How 'bout we talk coaching candidates here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
How is Eakins an old school choice.

Eakin's isn't old school... but Murray is old school since he prefers personal relationships (cronyism) over potential. Luckily Eakin's appears to be a solid coach so he wouldn't be a bad choice (might be good since he is familiar with our prospects and has their backing). Murray wouldnt be the type to hire young guys like Keefe who could be the next Wilson/Babcock... he would rather hire a coach who has experience and washed out with other teams...

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Really rather Eakins just stay in the AHL, don’t want to mess with that. Another guy I’m interested in is Lane Lambert.

I doubt he doesn’t get attention from other teams. Maybe even this offseason if the Gulls do well in the playoffs.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I forgot who it was but I watched a youtube video of a hockey player who was a high pick and suffered from depression which derailed his career. You probably know what I am talking about but the way he talked about Eakins in it I know he is a great coach and I have heard from other players as well that Eakins changed their lives.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
The way Bob talked about how one of the most important things, if not the most important, was a coach who could relate to younger players, I’d have to think it would be a major upset if Eakins wasn’t the choice. From anything that’s ever been written or said about the guy, the one thing he stands out at is connecting with his players.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I forgot who it was but I watched a youtube video of a hockey player who was a high pick and suffered from depression which derailed his career. You probably know what I am talking about but the way he talked about Eakins in it I know he is a great coach and I have heard from other players as well that Eakins changed their lives.

was it paul ranger?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Eakin's isn't old school... but Murray is old school since he prefers personal relationships (cronyism) over potential. Luckily Eakin's appears to be a solid coach so he wouldn't be a bad choice (might be good since he is familiar with our prospects and has their backing). Murray wouldnt be the type to hire young guys like Keefe who could be the next Wilson/Babcock... he would rather hire a coach who has experience and washed out with other teams...

There's no luck about it, Murray hired him in the first place lol. He washed out with one team, who when they hired him were making a very progressive move. Cronyism has nothing to do with it, he was probably initially hired with an eventual promotion in mind.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't think Gronberg would come over for an AC job. I'd be more interested in him than Eakins. Although Dallas is a good coach too.

He might have to, not only will he be dinged for being an international coach, he'll probably be dinged for not coaching a pro team. Taking work as an assistant(or even AHL coach) for a year or two makes sense considering how much it proportionately affects your resume.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

We need a coach with this kind of passion and emotion. Torts is a very divisive figure but there's a reason his players battle for him as much as he battles for them.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Torts at one point in time , when he was asked “ Corey perry is the best player in the nhl” perry loves him, lets get torts signed plz! It was when he was working for nhl network and was in between jobs before Columbus gig

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Eakins, Gronberg, Keefe - one of them and I will be happy. Eakins deserves it most due to his histroy here imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad