How 'bout we talk coaching candidates here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Let's just compromise.

HC: Dallas Eakins
AC: Rickard Gronberg
It’s funny, I’m pretty sure Dreger said something to this effect on Spittin Chiclets. Mind you it was pure speculation, but he said that if Gronberg doesn’t get a HC gig, then the Ducks may make sense since they have multiple Swedes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s funny, I’m pretty sure Dreger said something to this effect on Spittin Chiclets. Mind you it was pure speculation, but he said that if Gronberg doesn’t get a HC gig, then the Ducks may make sense since they have multiple Swedes.
Where do you think I got the inspiration? ;)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

There is no way he was just purely speculating, that was way too specific.

If Eakins is cool with it, I definitely am as well. I hope Bob stops hiring assistants for his coaches, although you can argue it worked lol.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ralph krueger has left his position at southampton

guy is a damn good coach. would definitely be my #1 choice

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
ralph krueger has left his position at southampton

guy is a damn good coach. would definitely be my #1 choice
There was recently an article about him in The Athletic basically saying that he'd likely return as a team President or the President of Hockey Ops, rather than coaching. I didn't read it, but maybe someone here could shed more light into what was said in the article.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
There was recently an article about him in The Athletic basically saying that he'd likely return as a team President or the President of Hockey Ops, rather than coaching. I didn't read it, but maybe someone here could shed more light into what was said in the article.
I read it and your summary is spot on. While he didn’t come right out and say he wouldn’t coach, he likes having the big macro view similar to what a a president would have. Pretty easy to read between the lines that he wouldn’t come back just to coach.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I actually wonder if he's bound for Ottawa or New York. They're both looking for a president and he seems like a good candidate.

Not totally sold on him as a coach so ok with that obviously not happening here.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Apparently Paul McLean is a front runner to ducks hc job .....

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Any reliable sources? Only place I can find this rumour is a tweet by an account called Complete Hockey News without any sort of source whatsoever.
Same. That outfit doesn’t have any sources. All they do is regurgitate stuff they find online.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Anyway wasn't it Bob Murray who chose not to renew MacLean's contract in 2017? I just find it hard to believe they'd bring him back, although I thought he did a real good job with the Sens some years ago.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Funny thing is I think their "source" was a random Ducks blogger on Twitter who tweeted out an article about not going to the Q with a few Ducks hashtags. Guessing they saw that, didn't read the article and just ran with it.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Scott Burnside said that "a source close to the Ducks" called Eakins the safe hire. When asked if he would be the right hire the source was non committal.

Take that FWIW.

Last edited:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
My gut says it's Gronborg. He's coaching at the WHCs, right? I wonder if that would explain the delay in hearing about a new coach.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Very high chance, given Eakins success in the ahl and the successful brand the gulls have become, that Eakins is staying put no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad