Confirmed with Link: Hossa/Hino/Oesterle & 2019 3rd to AZ for Kruger/Entwistle/Maletta/Campbell & 2019 5th

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Late to the party here ....

Good Deal .... Hossa contract had to be moved. Since all teams were at the Min Payroll ... not many places he could be traded.

Again ... who signed Hossa to this ridicules contract?

Lost very little with Vinnie leaving ... He is replaceable with Sikura/Kahoun etc

Hated giving up the 3rd but Hawks can get another back at TDL ... probably move Manning

Kruger is junk .... he falls over all the time, weak on skates and board battles .... absolutely no offense ... Im sure the advanced stat freaks like his numbers but he is overpaid (by Bowman) and replaceable ... I will give him that he can win a face off. Same people who think Advanced stats mean something also believe that winning face offs dont mean anything .............................He's here for a year then thankfully gone

Who signed Hossa to this ridiculous contract? :laugh:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
If he can translate his game to the NHL level, Anthony Louis is a very good passer.

Just responding to Vinnie being able to complete passes to tough spots.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I think the only way this trade is lost is if Bowman doesn't bolster the D (the biggest weak point on the team) with the cap freed up--I'm talking a guy who could play slots 2-4 and is good in the back end--something no one, not even, "our best defenseman Osterle" was capable of last season.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm assuming you didn't watch any Olympic hockey? Kahun was on the German team that went to the gold medal game.

My point still stands. Hino has proven he can make plays at the NHL level on a consistent basis and keeps getting better despite Q and his biases. Potential is great but that's all it is right now, potential.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Seems as though the Hawks --- already a bad team, a bottom 5 or so in the NHL team --- just got worse. Trade away youth and speed and bring in slow and old --- this seems really puzzling to me.

This trade is about freeing up cap space, plain and simple. Hino was sacrificed to get AZ to bite.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Good deal, sad to see Hinstroza go. Is seabrook next?

LMAO Really doubt it and hope it does not happen, with Stan the bozo in charge he would have to give away Cat, Shmaltz and 2 first rounders to get rid of that contract. He got fooled and added TT to ONE year of Bickel at 4M LOL, so just imagine how much more is he gonna give to get rid of Seabrook contract.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Good deal, sad to see Hinstroza go. Is seabrook next?
Several road blocks to trading Seabrook. Now his extension was RIDICULOUS. His game was already deteriorating when he signed that anchor $6.8mn cap hit for eternity. Many people believe McDonough ordered the code red to extend Seabrook. Although I believe the Hawks bid against themselves extending Toews and Kane, the money given can at least be rationally reasoned.

Seabrook's roadblocks:

* He has a full NMC until 2023 and 2024, the last 2 years of the deal.
* He is married and settled into Chicago.
* He also is well like by the organization and deservedly so.
* He has a history of concussions. That does not age well in hockey.
* He is still owed REAL CASH unlike Hossa. Cheap teams don't want to pay cash.
* The cap hit $6.8mn until 2024!
* It's unlikely he becomes a good top 4 DMen again. Can he? Sure. Most likely ... no.

Anything is possible ... but I think amnesty is the only way to get Seabrook off the books before 2023 / 2024.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
We don't have any ****ing idea anymore. A year ago we were told constantly by the front office that we were getting younger and faster, and most here were okay with that. We understood that was what we were lacking in the embarrassing 2017 series vs Nashville (the one where we scored a whopping three goals and got swept).

Now we trade one of our fastest skaters for a broken Kruger. Not to mention we signed a mediocre Manning and old as dirt Kunitz and Ward. Just mind boggling decisions right now.

lulz! If you think this trade was about reacquiring "a broken" Kruger, I don't know what to tell you.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Who ever say this is a good trade, are mad and knows absolutely zero about hockey,
salary cap dump or not, giving two roster players for absolutely nothing
just so that Arizona would take Hossa....**** ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stanley and burn in hell!.

Oesterle was Hawks best d man latter stages of the season.
Hinostroza is a player you absolutely should keep in the new NHL.
- also, had a breakout season, last season

None of the 4 players acquired are gonna see day of light in Hawks playing roster.

lulz!

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
You're right, Hossa did not have to go to be cap compliant, but he did have to go to improve the team in any significant way. Unless you want to see us sitting at the bottom of the standings again for the next 3 years.

Spot on. We were hamstrung for the next 3 years. Now we can maneuver.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
This was a good trade and while Hino has some more upside and good wheels, he was expendable when you can get some cap room. Krueger is a proven commodity and when used like he was-----PK and 4th line energy, while a little expensive for that role, he's pretty good at it. I think overall this was a pretty good deal-----and if this big PF can make it to the bigs, it will be even better.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
If we just want to roll the dice on having an LV type year I’d sign Rick Nash and Dan Hamhuis to one year deals. Keep the picks and prospects.

Saad-Toews-Nash
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Hayden-Anisimov-Sikura
Edjsell-Kruger-Kahun
Kampf

Keith-Jokiharju
Hamhuis-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
Gus-Rutta

Crawford
Ward

Maintain long term cap flexibility, flip the short term guys for picks if they are bad.

Edit: Forgot Manning. I guess send Gus to Rockford or Jokiharju.

I don't know about Nash, but Hamhuis, on a 1 year deal, sounds great.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don't know about Nash, but Hamhuis, on a 1 year deal, sounds great.

He’s played with Toews a bit during some international tournaments iirc. Would be a short term 1 year option that can be flipped at the TDL if Hawks suck. Also, think Sikura could take his spot on top line and Nash would fit in fine with Anisimov and Hayden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad