Horrible press conference by Mark Scheifele

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So you're assuming what happened once is on purpose, and that what has occurred in one game is an accurate representation of him as a player and not the 600+ other NHL games he's played? Brilliant observation Dr. Watson.

You think it wasn't on purpose?

You're suggesting he accidentally hit him?

Is this a joke? Is there a joke here and I'm just missing it?

Reactions: Confused Turnip

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Heel turn incoming? Honestly don’t pay much attention to Jets but didn’t think Mark was a massive douche.

His comments are a bit off, but also being twisted by the media which are choosing to headline quotes out of context to make it seem worse than it is because lazy people will read the headlines and come to the conclusion the media wants which drums up more buzz and page views. I can't believe the media would do this! Shocking.

Reactions: dick341

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Heel turn incoming? Honestly don’t pay much attention to Jets but didn’t think Mark was a massive douche.
One of the more interesting things to come out of this is that apparently a lot of former Jets thought Scheifele was an asshole, and a couple even named him as their reason for not re-signing. He sure had the public fooled for a long time though.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
You think it wasn't on purpose?

You're suggesting he accidentally hit him?

Is this a joke? Is there a joke here and I'm just missing it?

Not going to debate that he intended to hit him or not, we all know he did. You're suggesting he did it with an attempt to injure and he's always been this big meanie who has somehow gone 600+ NHL games without a suspension and a squeaky clean record. I'm saying you're full of shit. I can't speak to what went on in Scheifele's mind while processing a play in the two seconds that unfolded there, but if one considers he f***ed up and ignored the puck intentionally to put a big hit on Evans instead of trying to keep his team in the game with a minute left to tie it up. Well I'm saying it's certainly an outlier and not the norm for him. Call him weird all you want, he's always been a goofy oddball, especially over obsessed with hockey, but I don't believe him to be a malicious person.

Reactions: BobbyShehan

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Poor time to make a bad funny and then get defensive about "you guys" but he's a hockey player not a politician so not much to see here.

Hell of a player. That suspension was terrible.

He has learned well from Grand Old politicians though; always refusing to take responsibility for their losses and instead blames the media

Reactions: Confused Turnip

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
If he's that smart he could've rubbed 2 brain cells together and -somehow- halt his charge.

He's obv hurt his team couldn't find a way, that's understandable. He's being punished severely for his severe lack of judgment.

However, he's on another level now. He's really embarrassing himself. Me myself and I ...

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Were we expecting him not to be still frustrated or something? Isn't him being frustrated what we always say we want as fans?

We always say we want our players to give it their all and to care about the game as much as we do yet for some reason we expect them to turn off all the feelings and emotions they put into the game at the drop at the hat.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Whenever people wonder why the NHL can't successfully market stars look no further. What he said really wasn't all that crazy yet here we are reacting on HF.

It went a little something like this.

"Hi Mark, how do you feel about your suspension now that your team is out of the playoffs?"
"Well, I think it was a bullshit decision to get 4 games on a first time offense"
Media: *Gasps in horror*
Fans: I can't believe he's so remorseless!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Big talk for making the playoffs in the worst division, wouldn’t have made the playoffs anywhere else.

Brutal ending to the regular season, brutal ending in the playoffs.
Time for big talk clearly

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
when Paul Byron was suspended a couple of years ago he released a statement that read:

"I accept and respect the decision made by the DOPS. I would like to make it clear I had no intention of causing injury or finishing my check through Weegar's head.
I think my history and the way I conduct myself on ice show a lack of intent to injure other players. Despite the lack of intent, I have to accept the responsibility for my hit and realize the result of the hit was to the head and caused injury. I would like to sincerely apologize for my hit and wish Weegar all the best and hope he is okay. I've learnt a lesson through this and will make sure any future hits result in a clean and legal fashion."

I mean something like this shows class. What Scheifele said showed... what he is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad