Horrible press conference by Mark Scheifele

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Did literally anyone have the Jets as a bottom feeder or not making the playoffs?
Not that I saw. Some might have had them just outside the playoffs with Calgary in, as I don't think any media predicted that the Flames would fall apart like they did, but nobody had the Jets as a bottom feeder. Schiefele comes across like a real idiot in this clip above.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I agree with everything he said.

Yes it was an awful/boneheaded play what he did and he should know nowadays you can't hit like that at all, but I thought 4 games was too much. I thought 2 at the most it shoulda been

But whatever, IMO Habs still would have won. They completely dominate the Jets

Reactions: hn777 and Anichels

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I wondered if he kinda spoke out of context, but after listening to that... yikes

I get that he's pissed off in general, especially at the media... but that comment...

EDIT: Link below makes it seem better than the clip in OP. But still kinda seems out of character for him.

Did literally anyone have the Jets as a bottom feeder or not making the playoffs?

I believe they were often considered not a lock for playoffs when the season first began due to the state of their blue line. But bottom feeder, I don't know about that. I think many would have easily considered them a dark horse if they ranked them 5th in the division before the season began. Montreal was the same, so was Vancouver. Ottawa was often the only "consensus bottom feeder" for the division. All other teams except perhaps Toronto (expected to be tops) were ranked all over the place.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The comment about the media was strange. Like he made up a whole narrative that they were some kind of underdog team.

May 17, 2009
Maine
You guys noun, you guys verb, you guys you guys verb noun adjective you guys.

I know someone linked to the full press conference so if anyone has a count of how many times he said "you guys" I would be interested.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Honestly this interview tells me everything you need to know about this guy.

Great hockey player and generally I haven't seen him be dirty.

However I think it would be better optics to just say 'I screwed up and I should have put on the breaks more however it was a 1 goal game at the end and all I could think about is skating, I meant no harm and accept the 4 games'

Ye know something along those lines instead blaming DOPS.

Now counter argument is DOPS has been a huge joke and one could argue that this was more games than it was deserved based on past punishments. O well don't charge a player for no reason and he would be in the game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good for him. I hope he carries that anger into next season. That team needs a chip on its collective shoulders.
You really think he needs MORE anger? Call me crazy, but I think he needs to keep his head under pressure, and use his excellent hockey skills to win games, not go around trying to injure defenseless players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad