Confirmed with Link: Holy ****, a trade. Mason, Armia, a 2019 7th, and a 2020 4th to MTL for... Simon Bourque.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mason is gone!!!

200.gif

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Wouldn't prospects or a player you don't use like Petan or Dano plus retained salary been a better choice? Armia was top 9 on the team that should have represented the West.

No because you don't retain salary on a cap dump like that.

Armia is ok but nothing that can't be replaced. Gives Roslovic more opportunities as well.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Hey guys, Simon Bourque is a nice kid with good work ethics, NHL skating but I doubt he has any NHL future as he has no specific strength and couldn't adapt to the AHL this year.

Habs question, has Armia ever played center?

Nope. Always on the wing.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
thats very expensive imo. to MTL? a Goalie starved team couldnt use Mason?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No because you don't retain salary on a cap dump like that.

Armia is ok but nothing that can't be replaced. Gives Roslovic more opportunities as well.

Yup very happy with the deal, albeit I’ve never been a huge Armia fan

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

First, who is Simon Borque? Second, that's a steep price for someone I've never heard of. Guess Mason really did have that much of a negative value. Geez.

Doesn't matter who he is. He's just a throw in, compensates for the '19 7th. Se we paid Armia + '20 4th for them to take 4.1 million for 1 year off our hands.

Armia is replaceable. In fact, when we sign Stastny he is already replaced by either Rosie or Little but that is terrible value. And then we add a 4th!

Is this the first trade Bergevin has ever won? Whatever, he certainly won it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Stas signing in-coming? Hope so...for 3 years ideally max.

Still need to move out another 4 plus million to keep Stastny. This allows us to space to sign the raises to our RFA's.

I don't really like losing Armia but he plays on a position of strength at RW. The Jets can absorb his lose

Wheeler
Laine
Roslovic
Tanev

Appelton in the AHL

Reactions: WiscoJet

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We didn't pay a helluva price at all and we are a much much much better team with this unfolding as it appears to be. This was predicted btw.

Terrific, absolutely astute management by Chevy if we hear the expected part two of this.

Agreed

Love this move.....not a huge Armia fan to start with. Bring on Stastny & Roslovic!

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As for goaltending I would imagine Chevy has a deal in place with a UFA that he will announce tomorrow.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
In hindsight the Mason signing was a big mistake. At the time it was needed.
Didn't work out as intended but in the end it wasn't a a big mistake. It was managed well, had no negative impact last season and dealt with in a manner that allows an integral part of this team to be retained.

Stastny back should make every Jets fan comfortable and confident. Bottom line, Jets are a better team with Stastny in and Mason & Armia out. WAY better.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Doesn't matter who he is. He's just a throw in, compensates for the '19 7th. Se we paid Armia + '20 4th for them to take 4.1 million for 1 year off our hands.

Armia is replaceable. In fact, when we sign Stastny he is already replaced by either Rosie or Little but that is terrible value. And then we add a 4th!

Is this the first trade Bergevin has ever won? Whatever, he certainly won it.

You don’t “win” cap dumps by value.

The jets cleared what? $6.5M in cap space? That is significant. Plus it makes room for Roslovic.

This is the new norm. Good players will be traded because the jets won’t have cap space to sign them all.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
First reaction was sad to lose Armia. But he doesn't impact enough games. His rotate spot is where our ELC guys need to go.

Please get trouba to sign.

Reactions: Heldig

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
At the end of the day ( so to speak ) the Jets will be significantly better.

Not a done deal or at least announced but some people said this was going to happen most however did the typical HF reaction and claimed the Jets simply had no room, no options to sign Stastny.

Stastny at 2 C equals a truly legitimate chance to win any series in the playoffs. That isn't the scenario without him or a similar C.

Angst is never missing from most posters.

Usually this place is a madhouse but this thread has actually been pretty reasonable..

As for the trade, I really liked Armia, but I think he had his chances for sure. I'm excited about this opening a door for Roslovic, Vesalainen and Petan, all of whom have much higher ceilings and need to be playing.

And - not to jump the gun here - but imagine if we had missed out on Stastny signing because we were reluctant to lose Armia?

Last edited:

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
I've been a huge fan of Armia's since we've got him. Sad to see him go but this is not the end of the dealing as we all know. Looking forward to how this plays out tomorrow. I expect little in the form of surprises tomorrow. Estastny if they ward off other teams looking to take our 2019 critical cup team members.

In Chevy I trust! It can't be easy piloting a course in a ever shifting environment. We have a serious chance at winning next year. Nothing more needs to be said!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad