Confirmed with Link: Holy ****, a trade. Mason, Armia, a 2019 7th, and a 2020 4th to MTL for... Simon Bourque.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Tavares incoming ;)

That's a better than losing Myers Perrault or Little.

Mason, he wasn't going to play much anyways.
This is Helly's team now.

Armia, replaceable piece.

Wheeler
Laine
Roslovic to start
Incoming Vesalainen (might break the door open)
Crazy right wing depth.

Then late draft pick.

The Bourque pick. That will be at best 6th defenseman or deoth defenseman.

Stastny ?
Or some surprise again from Magic Chevy!

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
That's what happens when you get into money troubles and some asshat D-man wants 8 millions. Armia was due for a good raise to 2.5 millions, maybe he will get it from the Habs. Chevy did it to himself when he signed Mason.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sooo. . . Bottom 6 is :

Perreault Little Roslovic
Copp Lowry Tanev? (Assuming we sign Stastny?)

Hopefully Roslovic gets a few shots at C, we really need to start developing another one.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What an embarrassing trade. Having to add two picks to Armia to dump one year of Mason? Give me a break. Shaw returned two seconds two years ago.

Chevy had better get both Trouba and Morrissey locked up for the next eternity with this money. Stastny wouldn't hurt either... on a short contract.

Reactions: MardyBum

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Borque had pretty good numbers in junior PPG, terrible first AHL year on a bad team.

Sure, I can go along with that. The Laval Rocket were _garbage_ last year. I'm willing to see what he can do. He's a 21 year old D, so plenty of time to see what he can do on a team with prospects that can actually play in the NHL.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't mind the trade. Mason was overpaid as a backup here.... Armia? While a decent player, really is quite replaceable with our depth.

Saves some cash... Ppl say 4.1 million but... Armia likely would have got a raise also

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
armia proved he was not a 3r
True, but the return we got was still very mediocre.
6 million in cap space is not mediocre. cap space is a asset. every gm in league has said this. could care less about a 4th liner pb guy gong forward and a couple of late picks.

Reactions: Ippenator

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Expensive cap dump, but this is obviously the best we could do. Jets are bursting at the seam with capable wingers. Last season Petan, Dano, Matthias all got virtually no ice time. More guys in the AHL knocking on the door too.

I just hope the Stastny contact is reasonable...

Reactions: Anton Hipchekhov

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Borque had pretty good numbers in junior PPG, terrible first AHL year on a bad team.

I don’t know a lot about Bourque, but I wouldn’t write him off completely as I’ve already done are already claiming he’s just a throw away prospect.

Like you said, he was on a pretty bad team. Let’s see what he can do with the Moose first.

Not upset with this trade by any means. Armia likely looking for more $$$ than the Jets can afford paying a 4th liner. That’s the cost of being a contender.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Couple of things here...

Pure dump, so lets not overreact to Bourque being an AHL lifer.

We dumped 4m that was attached to a backup goalie with huge concussion concerns

We gave up one asset that we know to be NHL talent, a 3rd liner utility player that can kill penalties. I liked Armia and hate losing him, but we have players chomping at the bit to fill his exact role.

Draft picks are spread out, with low odds of amounting to anything.

Maybe Chevy could have found a better deal out there with some more time, but with today being the last day to sign Stastny he took what was on the table.

I feel better heading into the season knowing we are deep down the middle with Stastny, Scheif, Little and Lowry, than having Armia and Mason on this team.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I don't mind the trade. Mason was overpaid as a backup here.... Armia? While a decent player, really is quite replaceable with our depth.

Saves some cash... Ppl say 4.1 million but... Armia likely would have got a raise also
Minus the new goalie salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad