Confirmed with Link: Holy ****, a trade. Mason, Armia, a 2019 7th, and a 2020 4th to MTL for... Simon Bourque.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Holy moly, I really liked Armia as a depth piece :(

Unsure about Borque, but I feel like we could have dumped Mason for much less.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hell of a price to pay for a 4 mil 1 year cap dump when teams still don't have a backup goalies.

From my understanding of the reports over the last few days the goalie situation in a lot.of those places is already set. Cam Ward in Chicago, Hutton in Buffalo.

Cap dumps are expensive but this is really just paying Joel Armia for cap space. He's not bad but hes not a core piece.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Hey guys, Simon Bourque is a nice kid with good work ethics, NHL skating but I doubt he has any NHL future as he has no specific strength and couldn't adapt to the AHL this year.

Habs question, has Armia ever played center?

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I guess I was right on armia all along. plays good 1 game and then 4 games of garbage. would never be more than a 4th liner. and with tanev and cop and Lemieux for the 4th line whats the point on keeping him.
Agreed. Plus he was due a raise. Lots of guys to fill his spot

Reactions: purdy44

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I guess that says we're indeed signing Stastny? It's a pricy cap dump but we'll be able to live with it. I love Armia but one of those bottom 6 guys had to go anyway IMO. Copp doesn't hold enough value I assume and Lowry is too valuable as a center.

Pretty sure we still don't have enough space, even with this.

@Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->