Confirmed with Link: Holy ****, a trade. Mason, Armia, a 2019 7th, and a 2020 4th to MTL for... Simon Bourque.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
There just was no Finnish with Armia. I liked him. Otherwise, I think this trade worked out fine. We are blessed to have so much depth right now.

Reactions: Anton Hipchekhov

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yikes. Still expensive. I understand the cap dump and I think we all know why.
But getting an AHL player for all that? Can a 1 year cap dump be THAT expensive?
Yes bc Mason. And bc teams know we need to cap dump to possibly sign Stats so we are in a weak position to negotiate.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
6 to 7 million in cap space saved for us to sign Stastny. Sad to see Armia go but he will get top line minutes I am thinking in Montreal.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Surprised to see Armia go, but he was in and out of the lineup. Watching him you see potential, but he hasn’t put it together yet. Could get eaten alive in Montreal if he starts slow.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Had to be done, right? Gonna have to churn our lineup as we sign our core.

I liked Armia, but we have players on the way.

I don't know that he was particularly strong during the playoffs?

I trust that Chevy knows our big picture.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
From my understanding of the reports over the last few days the goalie situation in a lot.of those places is already set. Cam Ward in Chicago, Hutton in Buffalo.

Cap dumps are expensive but this is really just paying Joel Armia for cap space. He's not bad but hes not a core piece.

Agreed. Liked Armia, but he’s not a core piece and with a plethora of wingers in the system, he can be replaced. Perhaps being an RFA, he was wanting more than the Jets were willing to pay and would just as well deal him.

Have to get used to it, it’s a small price to pay for success when up against the cap. Every contender has to trim their rosters somewhere.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I wouldn't be surprised if Chiarot is the next one to go. Jets LD depth is now Morrisey, Myers (if he switches), Kulikov, Chiarot, Morrow, Niku, Borque. I think one too many.

Anton Hipchekhov

Sep 30, 2017
Hey guys, Simon Bourque is a nice kid with good work ethics, NHL skating but I doubt he has any NHL future as he has no specific strength and couldn't adapt to the AHL this year.

Habs question, has Armia ever played center?

Thanks for the intel ChoseLA. Would you say his ceiling is above or below Drew Doughty?

As for Armia, not a center but a good get by you guys. Fun to watch but struggles to finish opportunities.

Reactions: thereturn

None

Feb 22, 2012
It's a little disappointing to lose Armia, there always seemed to be so much untapped offensive potential. He and Laine always have monster games against Dallas for whatever reason.

I'm curious if they have to make other moves now to fit Stastny or if Chevy knows that this was enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad