Hitting Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
K-PAX, I seriously hope to god you never meet my sister. She was an assistant captain of the UBC Thunderbird's women's rugby team, a stand-out prop for the Calgary Rams, and attended the Team Canada camp before sitting out due to knee surgery.

She would gladly show you how "physically superior" you are.

ANYWAYS: The way I see it is when I step onto the ice (or the floor if it's roller) I don't see the people under the equipment. All I see if the other team's jersey. Every single person gets the exact same treatment regardless of age, creed, race or gender.

And that sir, is how the game should be played

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
your lucky. a slap shot to the groin as a guy even with a jock still hurts quite a bit if not makes it worse.
hahaha thats actually funny framed.. i dont blame him

No kidding. I've taken shots there a few times, and sometimes it just hurts, but one time it just didn't stop hurting. I could barely walk for over a day and had to see a doctor. My balls hurt so bad I couldn't even touch them. It passed, though, but it was the worst pain I've felt... and not just the pain, but I got really kind of scared for my balls too.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
No kidding. I've taken shots there a few times, and sometimes it just hurts, but one time it just didn't stop hurting. I could barely walk for over a day and had to see a doctor. My balls hurt so bad I couldn't even touch them. It passed, though, but it was the worst pain I've felt... and not just the pain, but I got really kind of scared for my balls too.

i feel for ya.
took one for the team. blocked my one and only shot in my life. playoff game. i puked when i got to the bench haha but damn. your sounds harsh. thats just mean.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I coach and I think its hilarious how little boys suddenly become scott stevens when they have a girl in their sites, yet when I throw out my 6ft 3, 200+lb 13yr old everyone starts to shirk and say, hey take it easy!

you hit a player according to their size.. only a complete imbecile would go after a girl or a boy of similar dimensions the same way as a much bigger kid. You hit to separate from the puck not to injure...

BACK UP! You have a 6'3" 200+ lb. 13 year old on your team?! He's that big and is in, if I remember correctly 7TH GRADE?! :amazed::amazed:

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
ANYWAYS: The way I see it is when I step onto the ice (or the floor if it's roller) I don't see the people under the equipment. All I see if the other team's jersey. Every single person gets the exact same treatment regardless of age, creed, race or gender.

I agree 100%, I only wish that was the way the game was really played. Too often I've seen some guy go out of his way to hit a girl, but I've alos seen too many times when a ref will cut a girl way too much slack when she's playing in a guy's league.

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati

i feel for ya.
took one for the team. blocked my one and only shot in my life. playoff game. i puked when i got to the bench haha but damn. your sounds harsh. thats just mean.
You guys need to invest in one of these:

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
As a guy that likes to play a rough and physical game I often find myself letting up if I know they are girls. It's not an intentional thing I just end up doing it. This is not to say that I won't hit 'em, just that I won't be trying to put them into the fourth row. I also tend not to try to kill the smaller players, I just hit them hard enough to seperate them from the puck, I always found it more fun going after the bigger players on a team.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
BACK UP! You have a 6'3" 200+ lb. 13 year old on your team?! He's that big and is in, if I remember correctly 7TH GRADE?! :amazed::amazed:

I played with a guy who was 6'1", 190lbs as a 13 year old Grade 8. He was also on the school wrestling team and used to basically win every match by default.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
One of my friends was 6'6 as an eleven year old. He was very skinny though.

Suprisingly, he didn't grow much after that. He grew to about 6'7.5 at the beginning of high school and just stopped after that.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Yeah, I haven't grown much since I was 13-14 either. I was 6'3 / 6'4 back then (and wasn't even the tallest in my class... there were two guys taller than me and I'm taller than them now so they haven't grown at all) and I'm 6'5 now. Although I used to weigh like 190 back then, and I'm 250 / 260 now, so I've grown more that way ;)

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Okay, so yesterday we played against an all Native team.

They had players that were getting up to 6'3 (this is a female team). Obviously bigger and faster than us.

Is it okay for them to hit us?

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Okay, so yesterday we played against an all Native team.

They had players that were getting up to 6'3 (this is a female team). Obviously bigger and faster than us.

Is it okay for them to hit us?

yes.
and when they come to hit you either hack them in the ankle or turtle and take out their legs haha

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I used to play regularly against this girl. She was pretty cute and I'd lay off when I had to hit her, partly because she was cute and I wanted her but also because I didn't want to hurt her.

I think she noticed because she confronted me as to why I never really hit her hard. I just kinda laughed it off. I think this upset her because the next time we played each other she spent the entire game throwing HUGE hits at me. Every time I got the puck she'd come out of nowhere and destroy me. I have no idea where this girl got her power from but she hit harder than half the guys on the other team.

Anyways, I got the message after that. She's playing hockey with the boys, she wants to be treated equally. As long as you aren't being dirty or hitting to hurt people, then it's fine IMO.

edit: And yes, we did hook up a few weeks later, was super drunk :naughty:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Should you hit them? Yes. Should you level your hit the same as you would anyone else of their size? Yes. Should you expect a guy on the other team to take exception and kick your ass if you go over the line? Absolutely.

Just like a player of any gender, if they're less able to take a hit, the team's going to go after someone moreso if you hit them hard, that's just part of the game. And if they aren't less able to take the hit, then who cares if you hit them like you'd hit anyone else?

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Nah, I just patrol the blue line waiting for one of them to skate in with their head down or to get a suicide pass.

Caught a few like that yesterday.

thats mean haha ive been victim of a suicide pass. although it was my first game of contact hockey and i never looked back like that again since. i hope you gave em big hip checks with their head down or maybe a scott stevens like he did to paul kariya.

I used to play regularly against this girl. She was pretty cute and I'd lay off when I had to hit her, partly because she was cute and I wanted her but also because I didn't want to hurt her.

I think she noticed because she confronted me as to why I never really hit her hard. I just kinda laughed it off. I think this upset her because the next time we played each other she spent the entire game throwing HUGE hits at me. Every time I got the puck she'd come out of nowhere and destroy me. I have no idea where this girl got her power from but she hit harder than half the guys on the other team.

Anyways, I got the message after that. She's playing hockey with the boys, she wants to be treated equally. As long as you aren't being dirty or hitting to hurt people, then it's fine IMO.

i was so expecting you to say that after your story hahahahahaha

K-PAX*

This post made me ill.

edit: it was this part specifically. So predictable and so terrible.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007

Lemme guess... and suddenly ... out of no where.. Briteny Spears, paris hilton, lindsay lohan and ronald mcdonald came in the room and joined the action:yo:

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
There's a weird double standard that works both ways.

Girls want to be treated the same.
But a lot of girls I have played with complain about how violent it is playing with the boys.

Likewise, most guys don't want to be the goon that hits a girl because your whole life you are taught it's worng to hit girls.
But as soon as a really skilled girl embarrasses them on the ice, the boys tend to stop the special treatment.

As for trash talking though, I have to disagree with some of the previous posters.
In competitive hockey, trash talking is part of the game. You are not exempt from it if you are a girl.

The whole point of trash talking is to say horrible things to upset your opponent and get them off their game. If you want to be treated failry and play with the boys, you have to accept this part of the game as well.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
This post made me ill.

edit: it was this part specifically. So predictable and so terrible.

Yo man, that's waffledave from HFBoards you're talking to. Show some respect. If waffledave says on the internets that he's had slobbery kissytime with a drunken puckbunny, you'd better believe it.

Back to the original question, yes it's ok to hit girls. By the way, what does this have to do with hockey?

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
dave sums it up pretty good.

i too played against a girl from a neighbouring town. she was a big girl, pretty good player. she hit the odd time. anyone that checked her,it was a clean hit going for the puck.bend the rules abit, don't go out there and hit a girl hard, anything else they just wanna get treated the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad