Hitting Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
your on the ice your fair game.
simple as that.

And that's where the discussion should end.

I also don't think girls should get or require any sort of extra protection. If the gals want to be considered equal they have to take their lumps just like the other boys do.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I think the main difference would be that they are women and are naturally weaker than men. Not their size, though they are usually smaller. And yes, they do have weaker bones.

I'd love to see you say that to some of the woman in my martial arts class. Some of which I have to fight and let me tell you. I don't hold back one bit and they love that.

It's about etiquette. Hitting a woman hard is taboo in Western society. I don't care if the girl signed up for the boys league there's no real reason to hammer her.

You're not seeing it correctly. There is a difference between body checking a woman in a hockey game, and striking a woman out of anger. One is acceptable, the other is not.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Dude. Wow.

First of all, wow.
Secondly, our team last year played against a Men's A team. We took them to OT and won it in a shootout. God, we're awful.
My best friend played on the men's team and has 5 years of WHL hockey under his belt.

Anyway, let me put it to you this way.

If the girl is playing with the boys she wants to be treated the same. I wouldn't want people to lay off hitting me because I'm a girl.

Why would it be beneath you? Seriously, if you recieved a suicide pass or were skating with your head down, I'd clock you. Hell, I clocked my best friend.

I would expect the same in return.

And girls are awful at hockey?

I'll be sure to tell Cherie Piper, Haley Wickenheiser and Gina Kingsbury the next time I see them.

hahahahahaha now thats exactly the kind of response i knew was comin.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
And that's where the discussion should end.

I also don't think girls should get or require any sort of extra protection. If the gals want to be considered equal they have to take their lumps just like the other boys do.

should of. but didnt becasue guys like k-pax believe girls are lesser human beings.
and the lumps thing.. i dont know.. guys where a cup.. and girls where a piece of foam haha the lumps are equivalent to a jock.. so.. haha

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
should of. but didnt becasue guys like k-pax believe girls are lesser human beings.
and the lumps thing.. i dont know.. guys where a cup.. and girls where a piece of foam haha the lumps are equivalent to a jock.. so.. haha

By protection, I mean from their teammates and officials. ;)

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico

I don't.

I broke mine stopping a slapshot and haven't gotten a new one.

I had to shove my hand down my pants and show the guy who did it. He laughed and then wanted it framed.

K-PAX*

Dude. Wow.

First of all, wow.
Secondly, our team last year played against a Men's A team. We took them to OT and won it in a shootout. God, we're awful.
My best friend played on the men's team and has 5 years of WHL hockey under his belt.

Anyway, let me put it to you this way.

If the girl is playing with the boys she wants to be treated the same. I wouldn't want people to lay off hitting me because I'm a girl.

Why would it be beneath you? Seriously, if you recieved a suicide pass or were skating with your head down, I'd clock you. Hell, I clocked my best friend.

I would expect the same in return.

And girls are awful at hockey?

I'll be sure to tell Cherie Piper, Haley Wickenheiser and Gina Kingsbury the next time I see them.

Girls are generally pretty bad at hockey, obvious exceptions notwithstanding. I never played against any girls that were really any good. The big star for the girls high school team was throwing checks out to the freshman and the ****** kids during captains practice. Then she tried checking me and failed miserably. And that isn't a testament of how good and strong I am, really it speaks to how weak girls are in comparison. She absolutely dominated girls hockey in the area, and I could barely keep get a PPG in high school. By the time they're in high school the differences between girls and boys becomes more apparent, and the vast majority of girls will not be able to hang with any decent High School player, nevermind Juniors.

There will be exceptions. I bet my house even if I tried hammering her and went 100% I'd still lose to Wickenheiser or Kingsbury. And if I went up against a girl like that in a check game you know what? I still wouldn't hit her full force. I don't find a girl being better than me at hockey threatening at all, actually I'd probably try to get her number provided she's not ugly. Though I'm not 6'5 or 230(6'1 and anywhere from 190 to 215, depending on how hard i hit the weights) I am still afraid that I'd hurt a girl hitting her. I don't wanna be the jackass that hurts the girl.

Apparently that's just me though.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
I don't.

I broke mine stopping a slapshot and haven't gotten a new one.

I had to shove my hand down my pants and show the guy who did it. He laughed and then wanted it framed.

your lucky. a slap shot to the groin as a guy even with a jock still hurts quite a bit if not makes it worse.
hahaha thats actually funny framed.. i dont blame him

K-PAX*

If you can't recognize the fact that men are in almost every physical area superior to women you've been sipping the PC Kool-Aid for far too long. It's a fact of life and it doesn't make them lesser human beings you terrible troll.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Girls are generally pretty bad at hockey, obvious exceptions notwithstanding. I never played against any girls that were really any good. The big star for the girls high school team was throwing checks out to the freshman and the ****** kids during captains practice. Then she tried checking me and failed miserably. And that isn't a testament of how good and strong I am, really it speaks to how weak girls are in comparison. She absolutely dominated girls hockey in the area, and I could barely keep get a PPG in high school. By the time they're in high school the differences between girls and boys becomes more apparent, and the vast majority of girls will not be able to hang with any decent High School player, nevermind Juniors.

There will be exceptions. I bet my house even if I tried hammering her and went 100% I'd still lose to Wickenheiser or Kingsbury. And if I went up against a girl like that in a check game you know what? I still wouldn't hit her full force. I don't find a girl being better than me at hockey threatening at all, actually I'd probably try to get her number provided she's not ugly. Though I'm not 6'5 or 230(6'1 and anywhere from 190 to 215, depending on how hard i hit the weights) I am still afraid that I'd hurt a girl hitting her. I don't wanna be the jackass that hurts the girl.

well i guess the girls over there in austria must not be that good, cause well canada.. its been proven many times were good. you could barely keep a ppg in highschool? ouch buddy. i had more than a goal ppg.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
your lucky. a slap shot to the groin as a guy even with a jock still hurts quite a bit if not makes it worse.
hahaha thats actually funny framed.. i dont blame him

Don't get me wrong, it hurt, but nothing like it would if I was a guy. I had a bruise for two weeks that got quite the comments from my women's team.

I now have the shorts, but the piece doesn't fit properly, so I will eventually get a new piece for it, probably when I got get my catcher's gear readjusted.

I just block shots with my hand infront of my crotch. Who needs hands anyway?

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
If you can't recognize the fact that men are in almost every physical area superior to women you've been sipping the PC Kool-Aid for far too long. It's a fact of life and it doesn't make them lesser human beings you terrible troll.

if i recall you did say girls are aweful at hockey and you should take it easy on them, thats pretty self explanitory.
im sure haily wickenieser and every single olympic female athlete is more "physically superior" (as you so kindly put it) more than you.

K-PAX*

well i guess the girls over there in austria must not be that good, cause well canada.. its been proven many times were good. you could barely keep a ppg in highschool? ouch buddy. i had more than a goal ppg.
Not with a name like Dean Gamblin you had a goal per game. I bet you can't even skate.

K-PAX*

if i recall you did say girls are aweful at hockey and you should take it easy on them, thats pretty self explanitory.
im sure haily wickenieser and every single olympic female athlete is more "physically superior" (as you so kindly put it) more than you.

Didn't I just say that in a previous post? They're exceptions. Are you really gonna argue that women are equal to men in sports?

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Don't get me wrong, it hurt, but nothing like it would if I was a guy. I had a bruise for two weeks that got quite the comments from my women's team.

I now have the shorts, but the piece doesn't fit properly, so I will eventually get a new piece for it, probably when I got get my catcher's gear readjusted.

i really couldnt imagine the comments.. wow haha
i need hands, someones gotta score the goals to win the games here and im the man to do it. me i dont block shots hahahaha unless it was gold medal game OT then i will or game 7 stanley cup finals.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Not with a name like Dean Gamblin you had a goal per game. I bet you can't even skate.

you live in austria and couldnt put up a point ppg.
try doin a goal a game in highschool in canada. much harder. skating=overrated. tavares isnt the best skater and hes still projected 1st overall.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Didn't I just say that in a previous post? They're exceptions. Are you really gonna argue that women are equal to men in sports?

expections=woman can play with men.
if they have the skill to why not.
are there average joe men who can play pro with women? no.

NotBad*

Your Significant other may be upset....

Ok seriously.

I had a girl on my hockey team all the way upto Jr's.

She was decent 1st liner but amazing on the PP.

We had roughly 10 games where guys ran her (Yes you Fkn Clowns from RockY) in the 10 years she was on our team......

THe onlything that sucked was at the end of the game we had to remeber that running around nekked in the change room was kinda taboo.... Well she complimented us but it was more of the coaches getting wierd about it.

Anyhow. She went on to be the Captain of an Ivory league school and enjoyed a successful career in hockey..

Chicks belong in hockey if they can hack it. Wether your Male or Female if you cut across the ice with your head up the a** then well....... Yeah pretty much free game.

Oh BTW in womens hockey its really weird when the oposing teams coach asks you to be careful of a certain player because shes PREGNANT :amazed:

K-PAX*

you live in austria and couldnt put up a point ppg.
try doin a goal a game in highschool in canada. much harder. skating=overrated. tavares isnt the best skater and hes still projected 1st overall.

I don't live in Austria. Skating is the best skill to have and I have that down pat. My shooting and stickhandling held me back, though it's not like I can't make a toe drag or snap shot. Tavares skates good enough, it just isn't his strong point.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004

So what about the guy who is 5-10, 165 pounds? Do you go at him full force?

Just an observation here and by no means am I an expert. Sounds like someone isn't secure with their manhood. Not checking a girl in a game sounds like you're afraid people would think you're less of a man if she got the better of you. Size and overall strength have very little to do with body checking. Positioning and balance play much bigger roles.

Last edited:

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB

Just an observation here and by no means am I an expert. Sounds like someone isn't secure with their manhood. Not checking a girl in a game sounds like you're afraid people would think you're less of a man if she got the better of you.

guy like jordin tootoo, steve sullivan, rob ray, tie domi, martin st lous , etc. i most certianly would go full force hahahaha and probably fail miserably.

Congo

Sep 22, 2007
K-PAX, I seriously hope to god you never meet my sister. She was an assistant captain of the UBC Thunderbird's women's rugby team, a stand-out prop for the Calgary Rams, and attended the Team Canada camp before sitting out due to knee surgery.

She would gladly show you how "physically superior" you are.

ANYWAYS: The way I see it is when I step onto the ice (or the floor if it's roller) I don't see the people under the equipment. All I see if the other team's jersey. Every single person gets the exact same treatment regardless of age, creed, race or gender.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
What have we all been told since starting checking as tykes?. When you hold back, when you let up....is when crazy crap happens. Its when you get hurt.

A female chooses to play the game with the males, the rules do not change. If you cant give a full check to a female opponent then you need to stay off the ice. Your doing your team and your coach a diservice as well as disrespecting that female player.

K-PAX*

Just an observation here and by no means am I an expert. Sounds like someone isn't secure with their manhood. Not checking a girl in a game sounds like you're afraid people would think you're less of a man if she got the better of you. Size and overall strength have very little to do with body checking. Positioning and balance play much bigger roles.
Yeah you got me I don't check girls because they threaten me. Good call.

And I haven't been over the small guy thing either, nice point you got me.

What an utterly useless thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad