Post-Game Talk: His name is Jeff!! Habs win 3-2 in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Even if habs were to beat Pittsburgh , i still dont put habs as in the playoffs.
still missed the playoffs 5 years in the last 6.

Pittsburgh is literally the best ''top team'' we could have played against.
They have terrible goalies , overrated D squad with Jack f***ing Johnson and im sorry but Brian Rust is not a top 6 forward.

That and we automatically play the number 1 seed in the 1st round. (I can't wait until people bring up St-Louis). It's like when you win a regional competition because the talent in your area is non-existant and then once you move on to a larger tournament with more coverage you get squashed because you didn't belong there in the 1st place.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
That and we automatically play the number 1 seed in the 1st round. (I can't wait until people bring up St-Louis).
Imagine tonight (even tho i still don't know what the f*** Malkin was doing tonight on the powerplay , he was literally taking all shots and was missing nonstop or doing a dumb play)
Imagine we give 8 powerplays in game 2 , you think we win 3-2 in ot? Dreams on
We play Tampa , Boston , St-Louis , Toronto , Washington tonight and we get washed 6-2 atleast.

Crosby playing close to the net is the dumbest shit ive seen in a while.

Reactions: Rapala

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
When did we win a post season game? This a 5 game play-in round which resembles an exhibition more than playoffs. Stop pretending like we deserved to be here and gaslighting my posts...This team was collectively bad all season, adding more top picks is rarely a bad thing. I can't be happy with a 1200 stimulus check if I don't have a job lined up in the near future. Short term success will only impede our long term goals, unless we are trying to emulate the exceptional cases rather than the most commom scenarios of success.

First of all, it is a post-season game. The NHL and NHLPA agreed on that. I think that counts more than your bitter opinion which I haven't been impressed by.

Did I say we deserved to be here? No but I'll take it when it falls on my lap and I'll enjoy it. I'm guessing you've never been involved with sports if you don't understand the importance of what these games can do for the development of some of our young core players who have never played meaningful games before. We can still get a strong draft pick at #16 and we have 14 picks this year which gives us lots of leverage.

Anyhow...I'm sorry that this game upset you so badly. Maybe you should have gone fishing this weekend.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we knew we had a chance of making the playoffs, we wouldve had this lineup instead

Drouin - Suzuk - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - KK - Lehkonen
Kovalchuk - Domi - Cousins

Chariot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Scandella - Mete

Price

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Imagine tonight (even tho i still don't know what the f*** Malkin was doing tonight on the powerplay , he was literally taking all shots and was missing nonstop or doing a dumb play)
Imagine we give 8 powerplays in game 2 , you think we win 3-2 in ot? Dreams on
We play Tampa , Boston , St-Louis , Toronto , Washington tonight and we get washed 6-2 atleast.

Crosby playing close to the net is the dumbest shit ive seen in a while.
I think tonight was the worst I’ve ever seen Malkin play.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
LOL! It may be meaningless to you but it sure as hell wasn't meaningless to the two teams who played that game. Games like these are great for Suzuki's and KK's development. Do you realize how low a 1 in 8 chance is? Probably not.

It’s a top 10, with s chance at 1.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Jeff Petry +2 on the night - Great Game!

Curious if Weise and Ouellet continue in game 2 or if we'll see Hudon/Evans/Poehling or Juulsen/Fleury get some time.

Who was our back-up tonight? Primeau or Lindgren?

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Just read that Gallagher has had 9 shots on goal in the last 2 games, we thought he hadn’t turned up, shows how much we undervalue him.
Drouin really isn’t helping his detractors like me, that penalty shot was horrendous.

Reactions: Rozz

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think tonight was the worst I’ve ever seen Malkin play.
By far , he took Byron shots from the blueline in a 5v3.
Imagine having Crosby with you and all you do is wrist shot from the blue line during 2min of a 5v3.

Same when habs only use Weber during the PP.

Unless you are one of those 5 players (ovy , kuche etc) you dont shoot during pp , u pass the puck and shoot the one timer.

Reactions: Koivu11

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
I find it ridiculous how people would rather have a slim chance at Lafreniere rather than seeing marked improvement in some of our players (Suzuki and Kotkaniemi looked much better) and the six defensemans were awesome relative to expectations.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Honestly the teams that pull upsets in the play-in will end up going very far in the playoffs. That is such a huge boost and an advantage to come in warmed up and hot.

Reactions: beh3moth

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Hoping to lose is one thing. But actively being upset the Canadiens won is absurd to me. These are professionals half of which are playing for their next pay day.. some playing to redeem reputation. It’s such a s*** look as a a fan . Just stay silent

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Jeff Petry +2 on the night - Great Game!

Curious if Weise and Ouellet continue in game 2 or if we'll see Hudon/Evans/Poehling or Juulsen/Fleury get some time.

Who was our back-up tonight? Primeau or Lindgren?
I can see Weal staying because of his faceoff abilities but I would replace Dale with whoever, because they would offer more.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
tell you something, if this team ends the year on a high note with strong performances from the young guys... and like Romanov has a strong social media game and comes in with hype and he just comes in so good... man they will suddenly be very interesting to watch.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Awesome seeing Suzuki being the de facto #1 centre tonight. He's looking like he may be a Bergeron type player for us if this keeps up. Not physically imposing but just so smart in everything that he does.

Nice seeing KK on the board too you could see it had him pumped. The rest of his game was good too (not great, but good). He held his own on some key faceoffs and had several shifts vs. Malkin & Crosby. It's sometimes tough when you see him make a superb pass every now and then in a way that is very unique to him as a player only to have it go to waste on the stick of a bottom 6 forward.

I don't get why we have guys like Weal, Weise and Ouellet in the lineup. They aren't good enough right now and they aren't developing players. Drouin also invisible. I thought it would be ironic if he scored on that Penalty Shot given he had done nothing up until that point. Hopefully he can find a way to contribute next game. Also need to get Domi in the Top 9, he seemed like he wanted to get more involved in the play when he was out there.

Also, while I get putting Danault out there against Crosby, I don't see why we have to weigh down our two best wingers (Tatar/Gallagher) as that line spent most of it's time in regulation without much offense. They seemed to find a way to create a bit more in OT.

If it were me I'd try something more like this:

Drouin-Suzuki-Armia (hope Drouin can do better, but Suzuki and Armia played well)
Domi-Danault-Lehkonen (match this line against Crosby/Malkin lines; they can handle the assignment and it's okay if they don't generate much offense)
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher (try to get them against the 3rd/4th line to generate some offense)
Byron-Poehling-Evans (4th line; at least if they are invisible like Weal/Weise it will still be getting the younger guys some ice time)

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury/Juulsen/Brook (whichever of the three the coaches think is most ready)
*Of course we know that Weber, Petry and Chiarot will take extra shifts depending on the game situation

Reactions: Bouboumaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2